1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/22 9:14 p.m.

At least my Jags are showing consistency at being the worse.  Damn stop the run.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/4/22 10:09 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The Lions should be midpack this year!!!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/4/22 10:16 p.m.

I'm a Seahawks fan. 
 

go drew Locke?????  
 

I think I need to start drinking now. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/4/22 10:23 p.m.

I think Carolina getting Mayfield gives them a good shot this year, should be interesting. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/22 9:04 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

In reply to Stampie :

The Lions should be midpack this year!!!

Hard Knocks starts next Tuesday. Can't wait!

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
8/5/22 9:27 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:

I think Carolina getting Mahomes gives them a good shot this year, should be interesting. 

*Mayfield. 

Cautiously excited to watch Mayfield, someone with some, let's say, swag at QB has been missing for a few years. I don't really expect that to change until that ole used car salesman of an HC finally tucks tail. More than Baker, it will be good to see Golden Corral in the preseason. Kid is still raw but the camp reporting on him is (predictably) optimistic, with Steve Smith coming out with good things to say. Could all be fluff but where's the fun in that.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
8/5/22 9:58 a.m.

I was just thinking the other day we needed this thread.  NFC North will be interesting to watch, but not as interesting as the AFC West...  :)

 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/5/22 10:27 a.m.

In reply to Error404 :

Fixed, knew it was Mayfield, typed Mahomes. probably a State Farm commercial playing as I typed....  Mayfield having a team behind him that actually wants to win could make it a good year for them.  Dad lives in Charlotte, and is coming up for the Carolina/Baltimore game, should be a good time.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
8/5/22 10:38 a.m.

I live in Atlanta so my expectations for the Falcons are already set pretty low. But I do look forward to football game snacks, so there is always a win with nachos.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 10:59 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

Just turn off the Falcons at halftime and you'll think that they're playoff bound. 

superfund
superfund New Reader
8/5/22 4:06 p.m.

Great: my favorite team

Trash: your favorite team

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/22 4:50 p.m.

People in Pittsburgh will be calling it Heinz field for at least another generation. Maybe more.

Hell, I saw some kid in a Rod Woodson jersey when I went visited a couple years ago. 

I don't even know what an acrisure is, but I already don't want one.

 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/6/22 8:43 a.m.

Politicizing all things, woman beating and Goodell ruined the NFL.  I just can't cheer on chronic woman abusers just because they wear pink for breast cancer.

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/22 9:43 a.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:
Ranger50 said:

In reply to Stampie :

The Lions should be midpack this year!!!

Hard Knocks starts next Tuesday. Can't wait!

You guys have a lot more optimism than I do. When I see a trash talk thread, I think "yup, lions are still trash."

 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/22 10:26 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I think giving a sexual predator $230M guaranteed is far more egregious than having a player already on a roster who commits aggravated assault in a domestic violence situation. And that's not the first strike for Goodell. See Eagles' cheerleaders and the Washington franchise fiasco. Sprinkle in some Brian Flores/Dolphins and Robert Kraft and far too much has gone down, without clarity as to what actually occurred, under this dude's watch. The owners are his boss. It's clear that the owners don't want it known what has gone down in each instance...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/22 7:05 p.m.
Stampie said:

At least my Jags are showing consistency at being the worse.  Damn stop the run.

We're supposed to E36 M3 talk right?  OP is/was a dumbass.  Who's kicking shinny now?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/25/22 8:12 p.m.

Holy buckets my team is bad. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/26/22 11:07 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Holy buckets my team is bad. 

Yeah, but we knew that going in to the season, didn't we...?

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/22 2:18 p.m.

I know there are fans of Dan Campbell on this board.  And after watching the HBO preseason, he almost had me, along with the rest of the staff.

But seeing them lose the game in the last drive last week, and how Seattle is dominating this week- can we just get this over and change the coach already?  Enthusiasm only goes so far, skill as a coach is needed as the team struggles.  The D was *supposed* to be decent, and they have shown very little decency this season.

And Dan is a tight end, theoretically knowing something about offense.  But seeing how Seattle is prepared for even the dump off passes, I don't see much skill in the play calling.

Let alone the penalties and mistakes.  Geez.

I blame HBO for getting my hopes up, as these are clearly the same old lions.  What is it that keeps skilled coaches from coming here?  Then again, I worked 30 years for one of the owners, and only once in the 30 years did F get a good leader to run the company.  Once.  He saved the company because he had to.  But it does explain the process to choose leaders is flawed.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
10/3/22 10:24 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I've sometimes wondered if the chronic lack of success by some NFL teams can be attributed to the ownership and that they'll never really succeed until the team changes hands.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 1:04 p.m.
alfadriver said:

I know there are fans of Dan Campbell on this board.  And after watching the HBO preseason, he almost had me, along with the rest of the staff.

But seeing them lose the game in the last drive last week, and how Seattle is dominating this week- can we just get this over and change the coach already?  Enthusiasm only goes so far, skill as a coach is needed as the team struggles.  The D was *supposed* to be decent, and they have shown very little decency this season.

And Dan is a tight end, theoretically knowing something about offense.  But seeing how Seattle is prepared for even the dump off passes, I don't see much skill in the play calling.

Let alone the penalties and mistakes.  Geez.

I blame HBO for getting my hopes up, as these are clearly the same old lions.  What is it that keeps skilled coaches from coming here?  Then again, I worked 30 years for one of the owners, and only once in the 30 years did F get a good leader to run the company.  Once.  He saved the company because he had to.  But it does explain the process to choose leaders is flawed.

If you'd have told me we'd lose our two best offensive players (Swift and St. Brown), but we'd still put up 45 points, and we'd STILL lose, I would not have believed you.

I'm not ready to bail on Campbell yet. This offense is better than it has any right to be, especially considering it's Jared freaking Goff running the show. But the defense is a complete and total dumpster fire. It was one thing when we let Jalen Hurts carve us up, but Geno Smith??? Aaron Glenn should be on notice.

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/22 1:59 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

The injuries bother me, not because they are out, but because they keep happening.  What is in the water in Allen Park that keeps all of these professional athletes so on edge WRT health?  Or is it that the are being constantly asked to "out" everything- risking injury- as opposed to better preparation and planning as well as advanced strategy for playing a game between a bunch of professionals?  

I know people constantly want to talk about some gap in talent- and there could be.  But these are the best of the best football players on the planet.  And seeing average talent play and win games across the league- it's not talent that is keeping Detroit down.

And before we think Goff and the offense is good, don't forget that we played the 1-2 Seahawks.  Who knows how good that D is- for much of the game, they knew exactly what we were doing- seeing how well the dump down man was covered.

It's great that the coaches are all former players, but at the same time, do they have the creativity that some of the coaches across the rest of the league have?  Or do they just rely on the old "out" everything to be the toughest.  Everyone is the toughest- that can't win you many games at the very highest level.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/3/22 2:39 p.m.

Why was Tua Tagovailoa allowed to play in the 2nd half of last week's game? Why was he allowed to play this week? How bad is this TBI? I hope that the NFLPA and Tua sue the Dolphins, the NFL, and the medical staff for what amounts to an ownership stake in a team. 

I don't mean to be a funsucker, but that was an easy one to say "nah, we need to keep him out" and they really berkeleyed up. 

 

 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/3/22 2:42 p.m.
stroker said:

In reply to alfadriver :

I've sometimes wondered if the chronic lack of success by some NFL teams can be attributed to the ownership and that they'll never really succeed until the team changes hands.

The McCaskey Family cannot be the reason that the Bears have been irrelevant for my entire life. No way Jose. They've just had bad luck, that is all it is.

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/22 2:59 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

In my lifetime, the Bears have not only been to a SB (2, right?) but has even won one.

The Lions have as many SB era playoff wins as the Bears have SBs.  

Forgive me for not feeling sorry for you.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
O5ILXRxbShZAwN5i3Jke0Nav0u6L6TqkKJnLphmeSoXuU30ep5CJbP8s2qM2ZzhY