1 2 3
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/9/22 9:33 p.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

One bad game?  They are 1-4 now.  This was the first time both sides were really bad.

And I did see Hard Knocks, I blame HBO for giving me hope.  

I still contend that the team is lost.  Maybe they like him as a person, but it must be clear that either what they are being told is very wrong, or they are not listening.  Between the penalties and the fundamentals, yea.

I say "one bad game" because this is the first game where they've been completely uncompetitive. And that happens, even to good teams, which the Lions are not. At best they're mediocre.

I still say it's too early to make the call on Campbell. Maybe he needs to turn the gameday play calling over to Ben Johnson or something, I dunno. But, they have a bye week now, and should be able to get some guys back after that. They are at Dallas for the next game, so not exactly a cakewalk, but let's see how they look.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
10/9/22 9:40 p.m.
11GTCS said:

My quarterback is Bailey Zappe? devil

Even though we live in Mass, my youngest son is a Giants fan (I attribute it to hormones at age 13 clouding his judgement), and I though he was making fun of the Pats QB when he said Zappe was in the game last weekend.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/10/22 8:58 a.m.

Oh boy... today I travel to Patriots country. This should be fun. devil

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/10/22 1:57 p.m.

Are Carolina Panthers fans dancing in the streets or crying in their beer this morning?  Bit of both?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34768697/carolina-panthers-fire-coach-matt-rhule-1-4-start

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/11/22 8:25 a.m.

And the raiders running into each other in the downfield is ??????

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/11/22 9:20 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

And the raiders running into each other in the downfield is ??????

Weird.  

EricM
EricM SuperDork
10/11/22 12:20 p.m.

Joe Burrows is that kid in High school who thinks he can use the N-word.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
10/11/22 11:55 p.m.

Interesting watching the Raiders beat themselves Monday night after getting themselves such a great head start over the Chefs.

They better hope Travis Kelce never gets hurt....

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/16/22 9:26 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter)
10/17/22 12:31 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Between the Jets and the Giants, NY fans don't know what to do with themselves. 

Here in Philly... I just wish the Eagles could get a little better at halftime adjustments.  Total 3rd qtr points over 6 games: 17.  Obviously, they're winning despite this, but still... eventually it will bite them.

Amusingly, the Commanders would be a competitive team in most other divisions, but so far the NFC East has been on a different level this season.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
1/27/23 11:29 a.m.

So we're at the Conference Playoffs and nobody has contributed to this in three months...?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/27/23 11:32 a.m.

Well, I'm happy that the Lions proved me so wrong, and we got to see them draw some amazing Packer tears.  Imagine how tough it is for Aaron Rogers to be swept by "that team".  

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
1/27/23 12:33 p.m.

While I was happy to see the Eagles beat the Giants, I was somewhat surprised it was such a blow-out game.  I doubt the 49ers will roll over as easily (if at all).  

Interesting to see a lot of talking head favoring the Bengals over the Chiefs - in KC.  Hmm... 

And I was really hoping the Commanders could have made history getting all 4 NFC East teams into the playoffs. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
1/28/23 11:36 a.m.

Bengalz......KC beat one cat they wont beat this one even in their own house.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/23 2:03 p.m.

Aaron Rodgers used to be my favorite player. Now I kinda wish that he'd just go away.

I've drifted away from football for a number of years, but Christian McCaffery and the emergence of Purdy have drawn me back in. I'd love to see this Cinderella story go all the way, but it's not like creampuffs they're playing.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
2/1/23 5:09 p.m.

What, no Brady commentary...?

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/1/23 6:05 p.m.

What's funny is that I was born and raised in Philadelphia, and a lifelong Eagles fan. Over the past two years my life has gotten so crazy I haven't watched any football at all. With the choices they had made, I presumed the Eagles were in rebuilding mode. Shows you what I know. Fly, Eagles, fly!!!!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/1/23 7:32 p.m.
stroker said:

What, no Brady commentary...?

Like he did, everyone did their long essay a year ago.  Now your short sentence is good enough.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uFoWDBR9zTZJplsXImc94jzS8cqbDx98i83aNZpJXUDAzRNJv3VS8ArW7rex9Zer