1 2
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/5/08 1:45 a.m.
mel_horn wrote: Semi-serious question: How long can frozen meat remain in the freezer? I know you're not supposed to thaw/refreeze, but my wife and I have the occasional disagreement. My side says almost forever.

I try to use it in 6-8 months. Beyond that sometimes it has a bit of a funk to it.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
7/5/08 8:05 a.m.

Waaay back, when I was in my 20s, my sis and I had gone out to a bar one night to hear a band. We had of course, consumed rather large quantities of alcohol, and later, back at my house, had an attack of the munchies. My sis was rummaging through the fridge, and found a bowl of what looked like hard little pebbles. We put it on the table and tried to guess what it was. Finally, we decided to add water to see if it would help. After ten minutes or so, it turned into corn. No, we didn't eat it.

minimac
minimac Dork
7/5/08 10:22 a.m.
integraguy wrote: You must live near my folks house. 2 years ago we got concerned for my folks health and removed all the WAY past "sell by" food from my Mom's pantry...we had 3 large cardboard boxes full of canned and bottled food. (My Mom has more bottles of Hellman's than a bad seafood restaurant.) When visiting in May (for Mother's Day) I discovered the refrigerator had nearly 8 bottles of various salad dressings...for 3 people, 2 of which were also years past the "sell by" date, and were still being used by someone. Sorry, nothing quite as bad as original post, tho.

I read this to Mrs. Mini and we had a laugh. Then for the 4th we went to our annual party at my Dads. Yep- the first thing we pulled out of the fridge had an expiration date of early 2005. And it went down hill from there!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
7/5/08 11:38 a.m.

In 1990 Pops found some Big Red gum in the pocket of a pair of trousers he hadn't worn since his first date with dear old mumsie in 1968. It was a bit hard and less minty than it should have been, but it was still doable. Not like a rancid blue cheese or anything.

CostCo muffins are another expiratory anomaly.

G

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
7/5/08 7:27 p.m.

My mom had a bunch of un opened wine at Thanksgiving several years ago. I was elected to find out if it was any good. I remained sober that year and bought mom a nice wine rack for Christmass so she wont have any more expensive vinigar.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kXMV4rZ9JERpX8jMuSm8H0wJpSyr1dJzUyW2VOZfds7QC321EHElynfgkPqwgPmQ