1 2 3
poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/12/08 1:04 p.m.

Is what gas prices went up to in some parts of Georgia in the last 2 hours. Some stations have run out, others are "politely asking" their customers to only take 10 gallons at a time. There's talk of rationing here in Blue Ridge, and our UPS driver just informed us that gas hit $5.00 a gallon in Jasper where we live.

Yikes.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/12/08 1:06 p.m.

Gas here only went up six cents from last night.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/12/08 1:43 p.m.

No change up here in the Midatlantic area. I just filled up with 93 octane for $3.70/gallon.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/12/08 1:46 p.m.

Went up from $3.69 to $3.89 here last night.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
9/12/08 2:03 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: Gas here only went up six cents from last night.

Will be filling up soon, though. Got about 1/8th left in the truck.

Bicycle's got plenty of fuel, though.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/12/08 2:16 p.m.

Where's the shortage again? Oh wait..no shortage needed for price goug..I mean market pricing.

cwh
cwh Dork
9/12/08 2:16 p.m.

3.62 in Miami yesterday at Costco. What's going on in those other places?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
9/12/08 2:17 p.m.

$4.04 at lunch time in Spartanburg. A lot of stations are closed and the ones that have gas are backed up.

I swear I'm going to buy me a small murdercycle.

carzan
carzan New Reader
9/12/08 2:42 p.m.

Kinda ironic that oil dropped below $100 a barrel today, huh.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/oil-crosses-100-for-1st-time-since-april/172169

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
9/12/08 3:02 p.m.
Duke wrote: No change up here in the Midatlantic area. I just filled up with 93 octane for $3.70/gallon.

I'm in the midatlantic, and gas here went up 20 cents a gallon since yesterday: $3.39 to $3.59 at a number of the local stations.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/12/08 3:09 p.m.

News is on right now. Never underestimate the berkeley tardedness of your fellow homo sapiens. They've got one news crew at an Ingles (grocery store) in Marietta, where gas is $5.25/gallon, and another news crew at Costco, where gas is $3.69/gallon.

Instead of "riding out the storm" over the weekend, these berkeley sticks are lined up (12 separate lines, 10-15 cars deep) filling up their Expeditions and Excursions...decreasing the supply, increasing demand. Jesus berkeleying Christ.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
9/12/08 3:23 p.m.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Oh my god!!!!!, hurricanes in the gulf of Mexico!!!!!!, who would have thought that was ever possible!!!!!!?????

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/12/08 3:28 p.m.

It's the same logical thinking that provokes people to drive fifteen miles out of the way to save a dollar on a tank of gas.

amaff
amaff Reader
9/12/08 4:25 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: News is on right now. Never underestimate the berkeley tardedness of your fellow homo sapiens. They've got one news crew at an Ingles (grocery store) in Marietta, where gas is $5.25/gallon, and another news crew at Costco, where gas is $3.69/gallon. Instead of "riding out the storm" over the weekend, these berkeley sticks are lined up (12 separate lines, 10-15 cars deep) filling up their Expeditions and Excursions...decreasing the supply, increasing demand. Jesus berkeleying Christ.

Good lord I hate the retards. I truly do.

SupraWes
SupraWes HalfDork
9/12/08 4:33 p.m.

People were leaving work in the middle of the day yesterday to go get gas all because of a stupid internet rumor. Some stations are playing along and laughing all the way. When I pedaled by a the kangaroo today gas was still well under $4/gallon, just like it has been for a while now.

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
9/12/08 4:39 p.m.

great...

just as motorcycle season is ending.

slefain
slefain Dork
9/12/08 5:25 p.m.

I gassed up in Duluth for $3.79 a gallon (I actually needed gas, not hoarding). My friend called me to let me know that 5 miles away there were lines to get into some gas stations, and one was out of gas to sell.

ZEH OMG TEH HURiKAN3S is gonna eatz my gas!

The stampede of morons begins....

iceracer
iceracer Reader
9/12/08 6:45 p.m.

No change in upstate NY. At least in my area.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
9/12/08 7:22 p.m.

ours went from $4.04 to $3.99 that shocked me especially with hunting season starting.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/12/08 7:49 p.m.

We jumped from $3.59 this morning with no lines anywhere to $4.89 this evening with lines everywhere. People are weird.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/12/08 11:33 p.m.

the attorney general of texas was just on fox news talking about how they'll probably have to prosecute a few businesses for price gouging because of the hurricane

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/08 1:30 a.m.

Dropped to $3.73 tonight here.

jl1rp
jl1rp New Reader
9/13/08 1:40 a.m.

Looks like the oil industry using the laters hurricane to price goug again. They well using anything to spead fear so the cash will around it.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
9/13/08 3:28 a.m.
jl1rp wrote: Looks like the oil industry using the laters hurricane to price goug again. They well using anything to spead fear so the cash will around it.

well, it is putting offline a not insignificant part of the country's refining capacity for an indefinite amount of time.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/13/08 5:31 a.m.

when I gassed up the other night, during the panic.. There was a guy in a full size tahoe, a guy in a big caddy, and a women in an explorer.. All staring at me because my civic dx hatch didnt need to bump up against the "only 10 gallons per car" rule to be full. They all gave me glaring looks, when it took $25 to put the old civc up on Full.

Where can I find a, "I'm using less gas than you" bumpersticker?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JzFbwKFH5505V0mRhrvyWrZAGa0xgOMEHK3seUEtgWnF7Cl6D1flylpeqNDry6R5