1 2
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/20 8:25 p.m.

At Thanksgiving I got a Happy Thanksgiving text from a number not in my contacts.  I actually went to an old phone and found that it was someone that contacted me about a CL sale early in the year.  Ok guess they added me as a contact and sent out a mass text to everyone in their contacts.  Today I got a Merry Christmas text from the same number.  This just rubs me wrong.  It's like this person thinks spending all of 10 seconds sending a mass text makes them good for the holidays.  Am I wrong?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/24/20 8:30 p.m.

Reply all: 

Dick pic with a condom on and message, have a safe and happy holiday. 

/Removed from group chat

Meh. I wouldn't get too worked up over it. At least they put forth an effort.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/24/20 8:31 p.m.

Block it. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/24/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

That is the real answer. I've blocked about 6 of them in the past 2 years without even checking former contacts 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/24/20 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

What if they had text off, "good will to all men!"?? 

Sending, "merry Christmas" is similar.  It's not like they sent out, "go f-yourself" 

No need to reply but someone otherwise sent you a pleasant message. 

However, if they lumped you into a group text that will now get you endless replies for endless days...then dick pics. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/24/20 9:00 p.m.

"...You have all the tender sweetness
of a seasick crocodile...."

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/25/20 12:19 a.m.

Short answer:  Yes.  You are being a grinch.  laugh

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/25/20 7:05 a.m.

IMO: First time,Ignore it. This time, I'd probably ignore, but since it's stressful enough for you to post here, I'd suggest blocking.

It's the digital version of someone knocking on your door to do this. 

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/25/20 11:22 a.m.

Why not just message them back with a "thank you, but I don't know who you are.  Could you remove me from your list, please?" They likely don't even know they've included you.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/25/20 11:24 a.m.

Just block it. (by the way , how do you do that?)

Ignore is the only other answer to people who don't maintain their contacts list and blanket text everyone. Why is that even a thing?

You are not a grinch.

Getting a "happy___ whatever" message from someone who doesn't give 2 E36M3s about you the other 364 days of the year is really annoying.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
12/25/20 11:26 a.m.
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) said:

Why not just message them back with a "thank you, but I don't know who you are.  Could you remove me from your list, please?" They likely don't even know they've included you.

Agreed 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 12:07 p.m.

New phone who dis?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/20 12:13 p.m.

Yes but you're our Gringo 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/25/20 12:44 p.m.

Grinch.  Stuff like that is super easy to ignore, and the delete button is right there on the screen.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
12/25/20 7:36 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

At Thanksgiving I got a Happy Thanksgiving text from a number not in my contacts.  I actually went to an old phone and found that it was someone that contacted me about a CL sale early in the year.  Ok guess they added me as a contact and sent out a mass text to everyone in their contacts.  Today I got a Merry Christmas text from the same number.  This just rubs me wrong.  It's like this person thinks spending all of 10 seconds sending a mass text makes them good for the holidays.  Am I wrong?

THAT WAS ME YOU HAMMERHEAD ........so spreading some cheer is a bad thing .........chill bro peace out sheeesh...... 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 8:04 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Thank you, but I don't know who you are.  Could you remove me from your list, please?

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 8:44 p.m.

Stuff like this happens to me sometimes.  I somehow got put on a text list of Yoga instructors from Costa Rica, probably because I did Yoga in Costa Rica about 5 years ago and one of the people I met had my number.  It's been fun getting to know new people, even though I'm neither a Yoga instructor, nor in Costa Rica.

I kinda view it like the new ads on the forum.  Just another thing to scroll past.  I don't think you're being a Grinch, though.  Not even a Scrooge.  It's your phone.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 8:55 p.m.

Heh, at least nobody confused you with the deadbeat father of their child and had all of the their friends text you, too.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/25/20 9:14 p.m.
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

Heh, at least nobody confused you with the deadbeat father of their child and had all of the their friends text you, too.

Curiously specific. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
12/25/20 9:22 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Stuff like this happens to me sometimes.  I somehow got put on a text list of Yoga instructors from Costa Rica, probably because I did Yoga in Costa Rica about 5 years ago and one of the people I met had my number.  It's been fun getting to know new people, even though I'm neither a Yoga instructor, nor in Costa Rica.

I kinda view it like the new ads on the forum.  Just another thing to scroll past.  I don't think you're being a Grinch, though.  Not even a Scrooge.  It's your phone.

If there are photos of Costa Rican hotties doing yoga, how can one get on that list?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/20 9:42 p.m.
yupididit said:

Yes but you're our Gringo 

Grinch* 

Apparently my phone can't spell Grinch. Sowwie

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 10:17 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

If there are photos of Costa Rican hotties doing yoga, how can one get on that list?

A few of distinct radiant beauty.  I was more interested in their views on yoga positions than sexual positions, but I will admit to a few "downward dog" thoughts passing through my brain.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/25/20 10:42 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Yes, you’re a horrible human being...also please hold on any gratuitous anatomy pics. wink

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/25/20 10:54 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

Curiously specific. 

Yep, that "pleasant individual" either was too daft to spell out his phone number properly or intentionally gave out someone else's.

Things got unpleasant enough that I seriously considered changing my phone number. There may have been some nasty calls from their local loan shark someone in there, too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BLGBjCbgil3CZrLG7PgtI3TGVHqjx6wYGZgTPG0vSIp99YcM4JBwdqbUQlq0Jtn3