1 2 3 ... 5
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/16/23 12:03 p.m.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/global/jeremy-clarkson-amazon-grand-tour-canceled-1235490701/

Amazon Prime Video is likely to be parting ways with Jeremy Clarkson mere weeks after his comments about Meghan Markle were published in British tabloid The Sun.

Sources tell Variety that the streaming service won’t be working with Clarkson beyond seasons of “The Grand Tour” and “Clarkson’s Farm” that have already been commissioned. This means that the notorious “Top Gear” presenter likely won’t be appearing in any new shows on Prime Video beyond 2024 (though there’s every chance a final “Grand Tour” episode could carry over into 2025).

I get it. I'm disappointed, because I still enjoy The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm, but he can't keep saying and doing the stuff he does without consequences. Also, he (and May for that matter) is getting up there and doing that kind of globe-trotting show is getting tougher, so it was going to end sooner or later. As for Jeremy, I can't defend the guy. He's an shiny happy person, through and through. But he does make me laugh.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/16/23 12:14 p.m.

Jeremy makes me laugh. I am sure some other company will pick it up. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/16/23 12:14 p.m.

I was done with him years ago. He can say and do what he wants but I don't need to help enable him. He took a good thing and it went straight to his head and it stayed there. good riddance.

bentwrench
bentwrench UltraDork
1/16/23 12:15 p.m.

I would never survive as a celebrity......

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/16/23 12:20 p.m.

Pretty sad. No one in the world except the media gives a flying berkeley about the royal idiots, let alone anyone who would tune into his shows anyway.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/16/23 12:24 p.m.
RevRico said:

Pretty sad. No one in the world except the media gives a flying berkeley about the royal idiots, let alone anyone who would tune into his shows anyway.

Hallelulaj!!!! Well said

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/16/23 12:30 p.m.
RevRico said:

Yes

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/16/23 12:41 p.m.

I, for one would pay good money to watch Jeremy Clarkson follow her royal highness around every village in England banging a gong shouting "Shame, Shame, Shame!".

If Amazon won't sponsor him, maybe Twitter will, or maybe HBO Max and George RR Martin.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
1/16/23 12:41 p.m.

He posted some apology on IG that I didn't read. Personally I don't see the issue. We have a loose cannon celeb saying something about a gold digging celeb... and we're supposed to- 

1- care?

2- take it seriously?

3- think any of it is meaningful or inportant in any real way?

I think I'll just go back to ignoring all of it. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/16/23 12:44 p.m.
RevRico said:

Except Clarkson cared enough to seemingly throw away a career over it. He even recognizes that what he said is repugnant. Its sad to see someone care so much about something so trivial; just shut the berkeley up and talk about something that matters. 

then again Clarkson has always been an insufferable idiot so it's not really a shock to me. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/16/23 1:09 p.m.

So, he hates her on a molecular level.  Seems like a sentiment shared by about half of the British public.

I guess Amazon figures a Harry/Meghan reality show will make more money than Clarksons stuff.

Plus, he's well past his best-before date.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/16/23 1:28 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

So, he hates her on a molecular level.  Seems like a sentiment shared by about half of the British public.

I guess Amazon figures a Harry/Meghan reality show will make more money than Clarksons stuff.

So...

Whoever this person is, apparently some royalty, should star in a show -with Clarkson-, and one episode they do whatever she likes and the next whatever he likes, call it the three legged race.

No, I wouldn't watch it anyway.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/16/23 1:34 p.m.

I stopped caring what celebs thought about anything and don't listen to them. Their influence stops once their entertaining show stops. Unless I came from your DNA or I sleep with you I really don't care what your opinion is on stupid E36 M3 I don't care about. I do support  their right to their opinion and if they want to share it so be it. Just don't expect me to pay attention or care about it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 1:55 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Unfortunately, they're not wrong. For some reason the British royal family occupies the brains of more Americans (and the world, really) than far more important topics that I won't list because I'm in no mood to be a patio. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
1/16/23 1:57 p.m.

First  , its the SUN .......now add Clarkson  spouting off to SUN readers , 

an apology  means nothing ,  man up , you wrote it  and pressed SEND , 

I feel bad for Clarkson that he goes around everyday with  that much hate in him , 

and also bad that all the show crew  will need to look for a new job.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/16/23 2:13 p.m.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/16/23 2:20 p.m.
dculberson said:

....then again Clarkson has always been an insufferable idiot so it's not really a shock to me. 

That has been his "character" for a long time.  Hard to say how his "character" has affected or reflects his actual character, but most anyone who would want to see something he does, are well aware of what they are getting.

Angry old guy yells at clouds... no need to get offended for the clouds.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/16/23 2:33 p.m.

A whole bunch of people were out of a job rather quickly when he blew up on Top Gear.  Hopefully that won't happen now with Amazon

__________ be made to “parade naked” through Britain while people “throw lumps of excrement at her” 

I don't care if he is a royal, a celebrity, or some guy just down the street, I remove them from my life.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/16/23 4:56 p.m.

One was a great representative of the United Kingdom working tirelessly to bring both joy and a sense of comfort to the people and the other one was Meghan.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/23 4:59 p.m.

The only time I EVER saw Jeremy show himself as humbled was on the Clarkson's Farm shows where he openly admitted he was way out of his depth.  

Internet says season 2 of the farm show will start on 10 February 2023 on Amazon.   I'll be watching...

He's a clown.  He uses schadenfreude to make people laugh.   He makes me laugh.   

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
1/16/23 5:11 p.m.

Can we say what we think motivated his little screed or is that going to get this thread locked and my account thrown under that porch we used to hear about around here?

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
1/16/23 5:13 p.m.

He has gone the way of so many actors who simply lose their mind.

Roseanne

Eastwood

Gibson

Sheen

Their money and entourage of yes people do something their heads.  Comments that are simply beyond their domain and in the end they just disappear.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 5:25 p.m.
jharry3 said:

The only time I EVER saw Jeremy show himself as humbled was on the Clarkson's Farm shows where he openly admitted he was way out of his depth.  

Internet says season 2 of the farm show will start on 10 February 2023 on Amazon.   I'll be watching...

He's a clown.  He uses schadenfreude to make people laugh.   He makes me laugh.   

I'll watch twice if he hoons Bentley again. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 5:26 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Tread lightly. I don't think that side of the pond is explicitly banned- but some people don't know how to keep drama out of their yard, ifyouknowwhatimsayin. 

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pEvMfqyoZ0NXu1c2gFGQ1PJIkur7A3sD9azYsrISLBjfA72nZT0MMBt43TfskcBB