1 2 3
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 3:17 p.m.

I know from that other thread that some of y'all are hurting this time of year. One of the suggestions in that thread was "never turn down an invite."

well, here's an invite.

I'm in Canton MI 48187. I have a garage, a project car, a space heater, and a mask. My work schedule is pretty hectic these days, but I have weekends off and I'll make time for you to stop by if you need it. All I ask is that you mask up, and don't rape / rob / murder (in no particular order) me or anyone in my family.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/3/20 3:20 p.m.

Of course you would make that offer with me 1300 miles away. A-hole. cheeky

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/3/20 3:21 p.m.

Thanks, Angry. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/3/20 3:22 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Of course you would make that offer with me 1300 miles away. A-hole. cheeky

well, you still need to stop at my house so it sounds like you're making a road trip

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/3/20 4:06 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

When's the next time your travels bring you to Maryland? I suspect that's covid'ed but I'll have rye, spots to grab grub (or I'll fire up the smoker), brew, and more BG chassis then one can handle and bits for enabling spread across two garages. Bring mask, I've got the hand sanitizer. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/3/20 4:11 p.m.

During the week?  I might be heading to Wyandotte 12/16

12/3/20 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

In the evenings during the work week, kinda "by appointment" meaning give me a day or two advance notice so I can plan to leave work at a reasonable hour.  :-)

12/3/20 4:26 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I was planning to make the trip for New Years Eve this year, but I'm on the fence and falling towards the stay the berkeley home side.

12/3/20 4:30 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce and bobzilla :

Angry's garage is probably not worth a 1300-mile one-way drive, but who am I to say no?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/3/20 4:37 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

All I ask is that you...don't rape / rob / murder (in no particular order) me or anyone in my family.

I'm on the fence, you know, with all your restrictions and all.  

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/3/20 4:38 p.m.

I will extend the same invitation for near Charlotte nc. Especially weekends. Never know if it will be car, house, yard, furniture,  or combination thereof. Same stipulations as angry....

12/3/20 5:14 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I'm with you, only with regards to the robbing part, as the invitation was extended to everyone any parts robbed from him would not count towards challenge budget thusly, that's where the conundrum lies. 

Makes me want to plan a road trip...

12/3/20 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

That's what I'm talking about!

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
12/3/20 6:07 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

I will extend the same invitation for near Charlotte nc. Especially weekends. Never know if it will be car, house, yard, furniture,  or combination thereof. Same stipulations as angry....

Don't rape, rob, or kill Angry or his family?  

That would probably be difficult to do from your place without a lot of planning.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/3/20 6:08 p.m.
Cooter said:
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Don't rape, rob, or kill Angry or his family?  

That would probably be difficult to do from your place without a lot of planning.

This is grm. We never let logistics get in the way of a good enabling!

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
12/3/20 6:09 p.m.

This/these is/are a great offer(s), but I probably won't be traveling far to see strangers until numbers go down.

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/3/20 6:51 p.m.

I would be down for some type of wild road trip, but covid restrictions restrict me.  

Thanks for the offer.  Shoot, a regional event for each region?  I'm on the fence with traveling due to requirements to get a test or quarantine.  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 7:04 p.m.

Searching MI craigslist for a reason to stop by and point out how bad I'll beat Monzora.

12/3/20 7:07 p.m.
thedoc said:

Thanks for the offer.  Shoot, a regional event for each region? .  

My event isn't an event so much as perhaps a series of one- or maybe two-visitor visits. Just to be clear.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
12/3/20 7:23 p.m.

If more people assembling in Baltimore convinces Angry to show up, I'll throw my hat in that ring, and I promise I won't threaten Angry with a good time.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 8:19 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mazdeuce and bobzilla :

Angry's garage is probably not worth a 1300-mile one-way drive, but who am I to say no?

Your garage isn't worth the 164 mile trip, but hanging out with you is.  There's something comforting about being flashed the horns every time you pull up to the driveway 

12/3/20 8:21 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Weren't you looking for a BG chassis? 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/20 8:36 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Pencil me in for next Christmas.  This was going to be the year we finally made it out to the Henry Ford to see it decorated. That plan has obviously gone badly this year.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/3/20 8:46 p.m.

Let me check my schedule.... pencil me in on the 13th? May attempt to drag someone with me, will have to discuss further.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YuwFgEXf9UOIrPlvWMn4IRum48qhz00zjGpa1PqBH4OqFaqyjqHBqGQLEoFd9vlA