Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
3/29/11 1:13 p.m.

Just thought I would relate the joy of ordering parts from AndysAutoSport.com and AutoCarParts.com.

I have recently acquired a 99 Neon R/T that I was looking for a set of Konis for. Koni discontinued sales of these parts but I was hoping to find some stock on the shelves of online retailers that weren't at exorbitant prices.

I had tried a number of sites and all within 48 hours let me know that they were unable to meet my requests. In fact it took AJ-USA less than an hour to refund my money and pull the parts off their website. And the service rep was super nice to boot.

AndysAutoSport showed some on their website. I ordered them on March 2nd. They confirmed several times that they had shipped them and that they were looking for a tracking number to send me. On March 14 they finally admitted that they never had them and 3 days later I had my money back.

Then I called AutoCarParts. March 18 I had a conversation with a salesman at AutoCarParts informing him that Koni had discontinued the struts and I would like to have him verify stock on hand before I ordered. After a minute on hold he came back and confirmed they had them and that they would ship that day. Monday March 21 I looked in my bank account and noticed that AndysAutoSport had taken more money out of my account in the same amount as my bill to AutoCarParts. So I called ACP and asked them to verify the parts had shipped the previous Friday. I was told that no the parts hadn't shipped but they were shipping them today. I proceeded to tell him that Andys didn't have them and couldn't get them, and asked would ACP,as a subsidiary, have them? They told me not to worry, they had different vendors. At which point I informed the service rep that they didn't need to go through a vendor as I called on Friday and had stock on hand verified before ordering.

March 23rd they called my house to notify me that the box had just been shipped and that the tracking number would be in my email shortly.

March 28th when I called they assured me that they had the part on hand and it had shipped and that the tracking number was in my email.

Today, March 29th, my email has no tracking number but instead a notice:

Unfortunately, the items that you've ordered are discontinued. Please take a look at our website and let us know what you would like to switch out to, please reply back to this email with a link or the part numbers to the items you would like to switch to. Please select more than one choice, in case your first choice happens to be discontinued or out of stock as well.

There was no offer for refund, as you can see. And they don't offer any suspension parts for my neon that are even close to the right price or configuration I am looking for. I questioned why there was such a discrepancy between what I was repeatedly told was happening and the actuality. How can someone say a part is on its way when it was never in stock in the first place?

If I had known originally that ACP and Andys were the same company I wouldn't even have tried. They have promised my refund by the end of the week. We'll see.

Your experiences and results may vary but I will not be doing any more business with them and thought some board members might take my experience under consideration before doing business with these deceitful retailers.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/29/11 1:33 p.m.

Get in touch with your credit/ debit card provider. I'm pretty sure they will take care of it. Might be worth a call to the BBB, as well.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/29/11 1:45 p.m.

Dispute the charge with your Bank/CC company. Always a good idea to use a Credit Card rather than debit for online transactions too. BBB is a berkeleying scam to get business owners to pony up cash for good 'grades.'

http://www.bbbscam.com/

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/29/11 2:49 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: BBB is a berkeleying scam to get business owners to pony up cash for good 'grades.' http://www.bbbscam.com/

+a bunch

BBB used to represent a qualified rating service. Now its the slander-based version of extortion.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
3/29/11 9:43 p.m.

I dealt with AndysAutoSport once. that was enough for me.

rmarkc
rmarkc Reader
3/29/11 10:54 p.m.

I have a couple sob stories but not from Andy's/Auto Car Parts.
1. I placed an order with Justsuspensions.com on 2/21.
I waited about a week and a half and my status was "pending" but the money was taken from my account so I called.

Sales guy: Those are backordered. We might be able to send you some KYBs. Let me check...please hold.
Me: ok....
I'm on hold for about 5 minutes then get disconnected. So I call back.
Sales guy: Hi, this is [same guy as before], can I help you?
Me: I was on hold and got disconnected. I'm calling to check on my order.
SG: ok, what is your name?
I give him my name.
SG: We don't have any KYBs for that application.
Me: Ok, how long is the backorder?
SG: Until April.
I'm still waiting for that order. Btw, all the parts I ordered showed "Availability: Ships in 2-7 business days" but my order is still pending.
There is no indication that the parts are backordered on their website and they didn't send me an email to let me know. I had to call to find out.

1. DDM Tuning: I placed an online order on 3/10.
    Two parts are listed as inventory items. The 3rd is backordered.
    I received the backordered part over a week ago but my order is still pending on their website. The 2 "inventory items" haven't shipped.
    I will be calling them tomorrow.

2. I ordered an aluminum radiator and fan off of eBay. I got a FedEx tracking number the next day. Pretty good, right? FedEx finally scans the package into their system 5 days later.
    Who prints a shipping label then lets it sit for 5 days?

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
3/29/11 10:58 p.m.

AndysAutoSport stole a pic of MY car off MY commercial website, and is using it for their own site. When I asked them to please remove it, they found out I was in Canada, and laughed at me.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/29/11 11:45 p.m.

You own the copyright, correct? And you can prove it? A nastygram from a US lawyer might make them a little more cooperative.

You might want to Google 'DMCA takedown notice' if you really want to make their day .

failboat
failboat Reader
3/30/11 6:47 a.m.

if you know the part #'s of what you are looking for....have you checked Amazon.com of all places?

I just ordered shocks for my obscure van a few weeks ago, they had the a lower price than rockauto by a few bucks, and the shipping was free.

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
3/30/11 9:35 a.m.

Ordering from amazon has been a pleasant experience every time. They sometimes have great prices on parts and sometimes, not so much. And their part look up tool hasn't been accurate as some others. But if you come in with the part number you want it definitely is one place I always check.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/30/11 12:40 p.m.

I too have been pleasantly surprised with Amazon several times. Good service, usually good prices.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/11 1:01 p.m.

Amazon is the new eBay for hard to find new stuff. I like them a lot!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
3/30/11 1:58 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
poopshovel wrote: BBB is a berkeleying scam to get business owners to pony up cash for good 'grades.' http://www.bbbscam.com/
+a bunch BBB used to represent a qualified rating service. Now its the slander-based version of extortion.

+1 more.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
3/30/11 2:04 p.m.

Still there.

Haha. It's not even a Swift. http://www.andysautosport.com/suzuki/1990_1994_swift/

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/30/11 2:12 p.m.

I once was on the phone with them, asking about some suspension parts for a friends prelude we were working on, when I remembered I needed a new universal cone type filter and some silicone intake tubing connectors for my car. I asked them for pricing on universal cone filters, they guy on the phone asked for "what make and model?".
I repeated " universal, you know 3" opening, cone shaped, filters intake air?!?"
He said they didnt carry those? So, already knowing what answer I would get, I asked "what about 3" silicone couplers?"
phone guy says "Same thing, make and model please?"
I said (sarcastically) " same thing, universal ".
Phone guy goes off the deep end "WHY DOES EVERYTHING WITH YOU RICERS HAVE TO BE UNIVERSAL? CANT YOU JUST ASK FOR PARTS THAT BELONG TO A SPECIFIC CAR? ARE YOU COME KIND OF MORON? PARTS HAVE TO BELONG TO A CERTAIN CAR, OTHERWISE HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL FIT? WHAT THE HELL MAN, LEARN MORE ABOUT CARS BEFORE YOU CALL US NEXT TIME, WE ARE SERIOUS CAR GUYS, NOT IDIOTS ON THE STREET. GO CALL AUTOZONE...YEAAAARRGGHHH!!!"

I never called them or looked at their website again...srsly

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
3/30/11 2:16 p.m.

I almost want to call them just so I can force that kind of anger from someone...it seems like it would be very therapeutic today.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/30/11 2:16 p.m.

"I'd like a universal filter for my universal car."

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/30/11 2:17 p.m.

OP, give HorsepowerFreaks and/or NoLimitMotorsports a call. I've had good luck with them, and their inventory is enormous. They might have some hanging around.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/30/11 4:44 p.m.

srsly phoneguy:

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/13/21 1:21 p.m.

Ancient thread revived by spammer.  Move along, nothing to see here...

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
QjO2Dn7QwVOFgKKisaGo3v8nssolHmlTdbqJqMCMENXepNidwr4hx8AA4Yeo74aR