1 2 3
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/22/22 11:08 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I've found that the real problem with these things is that they're a total bitch to clean in a hurry, and if you make a cup of coffee at the end of your shift at the firehouse and then leave it in the machine and go home, I will have a tendency to throw the little motherberkeleyer in the trash after the second or third time that I have to clean up your E36 M3 after you. Of course, I'm kind of an a-hole that way.

Mornings are a busy time at the firehouse. I have E36 M3 to do and I just want to make a cup of coffee.

Wait... I thought I wandered into the Minor Rant thread.

Sorry.

It's funny.  I had one of these clog up after a few months, and the other one I used literally for years, until my wife got me a new Keurig, and the incompatible equivalent device is working fine also.  I'm no snob, but I like good coffee.  I alternate between grinding my various Costco beans and using pods that are on sale.  I refuse to pay more than 50 cents a pod. 

Keurig may not make the best coffee, but dang it's convenient, and as the Dead Kennedys used to say "Give me convenience, or give me death!"

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
1/22/22 11:08 a.m.

Am I lame for using a percolator? I'm new at the coffee thing -only been drinking it for a year, but had a wonderful experience with the percolator while camping last December and have been using it since. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/22/22 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Teh E36 M3 :

Shhhh!  Coffee nerds hate percolators.  They boil the coffee, and only old people use them!

But seriously, whatever works for you.   And no matter how you make it, camp coffee is the best.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/22 11:29 a.m.

The only reason I don't use a percolator more often is time and mess. They make very good coffee. They are a pain to clean and fairly slow.

Honestly, if you can't make a good pot of coffee using just about any system, the problem is usually the operator, not the system. Even a basic drip machine will make decent coffee if you feed it decent beans and water in the appropriate quantities. 

Except a Keureg, I've never gotten a good cup out of one. It's never strong enough. I'll admit, I do like strong coffee.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
1/22/22 12:27 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Man. I still remember a particular cup. It was below freezing outside on the 30th of December a year  ago. Camping with the family in our 72 airstream at pinnacles national park. Got the old Coleman up and that coffee humming. Never a better cup. 

andy_b
andy_b New Reader
1/22/22 8:41 p.m.

I use an oxo electric grinder, a no-name electric kettle and an aeropress.  It's been my go to method for several years and I enjoy the process of it. 

I've never looked into the Bialetti espresso makers before, but now I'm going to have to do some research...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8aKEI9k1kDYu6XfGTEna13rDCqIQIW4XvFvsYSFghaZNTdEmepFGzQQAKjMuYAJ8