WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/21 12:51 p.m.

Well, thanks to your suggestions, it looks like I'm close to doing something, largely because of my SCORE mentor's introduction, not even the original idea I was asking about!

I'm supposed to get the offer/contract tomorrow to review, but I was wondering if any of you GRMers are lawyer-type people who could look over a business contract for me?  Unfortunately, it's not directly related to motorsports at all, but they can't all be winners :)

I'd rather give money to someone in network, ya know?

If not, any recommendations on how to find one?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
8/18/21 1:01 p.m.

Maybe. I'll ask my wife is her firm does this. I think they have a branch in you area.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/21 1:15 p.m.
Brotus7 said:

Maybe. I'll ask my wife is her firm does this. I think they have a branch in you area.

Thanks!

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/21 2:23 p.m.

You'll want someone in Connecticut. Most things are the same everywhere but there can always be a few nuances that are specific to a municipality. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/18/21 3:45 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

You'll want someone in Connecticut. Most things are the same everywhere but there can always be a few nuances that are specific to a municipality. 

Agreed 100%.  Contract overview can be reviewed by an attorney in any locale but a CT bar member is key to details specific to your location that can be expensive and painful later on.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uj0NH5wR5OrEBaeqFfybuWrzPZbggo4wwSBg52Mlkj11ahtD1tJ4TdZjgdKu3q0V