BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/20 8:46 a.m.

Just wondering if we haven anybody up that way who may be able to check out a car for me.

There's a street legal, SCCA logbook'd pre-list Westfield for sale up that way and I was wondering if there's anybody in that general area who would be able to check out the car for me?

Nothing special, just verifying its existence and give it a once over the check if anything major is amiss. I haven't contacted the seller yet (planning to do that this evening) but it would be good to know if I have to budget for a 900 mile round trip or if if someone local would be able to check it out for me before I have it shipped.

Picture for attention (in case someone recognises the car):

7/19/20 8:54 a.m.

Forgot to mention, obviously I'll cover any expenses you incur like gas money etc, plus beverage money.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/19/20 9:18 a.m.

I used to live down route 2 in Glastonbury.   I don't have any connections left. Sorry. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/20 10:13 a.m.

Looks to be about a two hour drive for me (each way). I can not do it this week as my schedule is full up but the following week I could possibly take a ride. There are others here in GRM down that way. If no one else volunteers I will get eyes on it for you. 

7/19/20 12:19 p.m.

Thanks! I've managed to make contact with the seller, just trying to get a few questions answered first as some of what I see in the pictures doesn't quite match the description, at least in my mind. Obviously doesn't mean that it doesn't match the description in real life .

7/19/20 10:05 p.m.

Still waiting for some more photos from the seller to see if it's actually worth pursuing from my end. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/20 6:37 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

I'm only an hour away, I may be able to help.

7/20/20 6:44 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Thank you, that would be very much appreciated. We'll see if the seller gets around to sending some photos over of the front of the car with the nose cone off.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/20/20 4:08 p.m.

1.5hra for me but if no one can, I will. Pm me if you need me, I probably won't check back, not on much these days. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/20/20 4:26 p.m.

Love the car, but not interested in checking out your member....

oh, you are looking for a member to check out the car. That makes more sense. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XlHw9qgf8catf3xzRUAlPIsIMxa46fpSoHkaommlQXYUICijIIsKASOXgIScajzA