TIL that a 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino will not in fact fit on a U-Haul car trailer. The car is not wide enough to fit on the ramps. It doesn't run but it rolls. 

I'm trying to move in with my GF who lives in New Port Richey. I need to be out of this house before Wednesday as I need to fly out of state. The Cappuccino is the last thing that needs be be moved. I grossly overlooked the possibility  that a Japanese kei car might not fit on an American car trailer. I'm an idiot for not double checking.

If you could help or know of anyone who could, I would be forever thankful. I'll also pay for your gas and a case of beer. Thanks guys! 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/22 6:31 p.m.

Would one of these work?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/20/22 6:33 p.m.
Slippery said:

Would one of these work?

That was my first thought. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/22 6:56 p.m.

I'm in Dunedin and have a trailer w/winch BUT it currently has two non-running utvs on it. If the U-haul 6x12 is a non-answer and I can get a hand offloading these two hulks I can assist.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/20/22 7:06 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

May be able to help unload Tuesday?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/20/22 7:11 p.m.

That's the proper uhaul trailer for moving a golf cart which is exactly what I'd tell uhaul; moving a golf cart, a Suzuki golf caet

jgrewe
jgrewe Dork
11/21/22 1:02 a.m.

So it will fit in a 24' enclosed trailer? I can help with this. I would just need to drop the car I have in it at my shop for the day.

My schedule is pretty open so let me know what works.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
11/21/22 9:35 a.m.

Are you sure it won't fit on a uhaul trailer? I've loaded two kei cars onto uhaul trailers before, there wasn't a lot of extra ramp between the wheels but they both fit just fine.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
11/21/22 10:27 a.m.

I put my Fiat 500 on a ramp trailer by using a long 2x12 as an inner ramp .

But my flat utility bed trailer was much easier 

You guys rock! I never thought of putting the Cappuccino in a 6x12 utility trailer. I had to return the 20ft truck and car trailer last night but I made another reservation for a pickup and utility trailer for today. My only concern is getting the car up the shorter ramp. 

I'm kinda ashamed that I don't have a trailer hitch on the Tahoe. It's a PPV package so it was not included from the factory. Its basically part of the bumper so it's like 4 bolts to swap out. I had a lead on one locally but the auto recycling place found it was damaged when they pulled it off the wrecked truck. 

Welp, I picked the truck and trailer up and made it about 20 miles until one of the trailer tires exploded. Now sitting on the side of the freeway waiting for U-Haul road assistance.

I can't win sad

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/21/22 7:32 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Oh that sucks. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/21/22 7:33 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

i hope you're not there long. Good luck.

Ugh

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/21/22 7:57 p.m.

Well, shoot. I'm in Amalie, I could probably almost see you. Brought a 2 seater, wish I could help. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/21/22 8:00 p.m.

Just call AAA? I used them to move the Miata when it wasn't running. The tow truck operator seemed thrilled to tow a cool car. 

U-Haul roadside assistance showed up within an hour and had the tire swapped out in about 10 minutes. Discovered that there are cockroaches in the rental truck. Got to the house, realized that the Cappuccino would barely fit, did some very imprecise measurement and shoved it on the trailer. The ride home was uneventful. Got it unloaded and shoved it next to the GF's garage.

I'm exhausted but it's done.

A huge thank you to everyone! Putting it on the cargo trailer was a next level genius move. I never would have thought to do that! 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
11/22/22 12:30 a.m.

Woot! Glad it worked out now get some sleep. Looking forward to more cappuccino content here!

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/22 1:18 p.m.

A little far from you but there is a dude that runs a trailer rental called Pinellas Trailer Rental.  It's high quality auto and utility trailers like the ones you would buy rather than the U-Haul tanks.  He does crazy upkeep and they are top notch.  File away if you need a trailer in the future.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/22/22 1:31 p.m.

Awesome!! 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/22/22 2:58 p.m.

Really glad you had the trailer flat before you loaded the Cappuccino! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FIcV01bW0FeQ1GIbxpPhmyTHt9XxWazGQlszQijtbzvFrp1LoSKO9liRC1ARZWL4