06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/28/20 2:29 p.m.

I've decided it's probably not a good idea to drive 350 miles to diagnose and fix a Nissan Rouge in a random parking lot in Tampa right now.  Anybody know a decent auto repair shop I can get this thing towed to?

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 2:44 p.m.

Can you be more specific about Tampa,  Says trans but they do all work, good, honest guys

Zeigler Transmission / Terry White

149 Stevens Ave
Oldsmar
FL

(813) 891-6776

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
10/28/20 2:52 p.m.

The car is on East 4th ave near Ybor City.  All I know about the area is there's an IKEA somewhere nearby.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 3:29 p.m.

That's probably 20 miles/30 minutes from the shop I listed but I don't know anyone in that Ybor area.  And yes, it is close to IKEA :-)

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/20 5:41 p.m.

I'm friends with a manager of a Pep Boys.  I generally don't recommend them, but I recommend his store if you mention me.  Only thing is they've had some turnover recently so I'm not sure if they have someone actually available for diagnostics right now.

What are the symptoms?  I can get a recommendation from him on where to go if nothing else. 

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/20 6:40 p.m.

CanAm Motors

Address: 13102 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33612

Phone(813) 935-0152

Art Cupps is the owner and a great guy.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
10/28/20 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I'm told it needs a CV axle and a motor mount, I haven't laid eyes on the vehicle to know for sure. TBH i don't trust the diagnosis, for all I know the CVT is toast and theres a rod through the side of the block.  It's not drivable right now so the need for the tow. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
10/28/20 8:47 p.m.

In reply to glueguy (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks!

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
10/28/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

Thanks!  Ordinarily i'd take some time off work and tackle it myself, but with everything going on now just ain't a good time for me to deal with it.

Mr_Asa
10/28/20 8:51 p.m.
06HHR (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I'm told it needs a CV axle and a motor mount, I haven't laid eyes on the vehicle to know for sure. TBH i don't trust the diagnosis, for all I know the CVT is toast and theres a rod through the side of the block.  It's not drivable right now so the need for the tow. 

If that is the diagnosis, then my friend should be able to take care of it.

Where are the keys? Someone local might be able to go take a quick look?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
10/28/20 9:03 p.m.

Daughter in Tampa has the keys, i just get to fix it and pay the bill.. sad I'll have to find out what her work schedule is like to see when she would be available.

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
10/29/20 8:00 p.m.

At my last job I was working with a lot of repair shops all over the country.  In Tampa I had good luck with Christian Brothers, they were somewhere towards the north side of the airport.

Mr_Asa
10/29/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to triumph7 :

They have a couple locations now.  There is one down in Gibsonton 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TdI4Kb6vOhCpCkVe6srUg6NuTqEP0ufFRW5yje887HqmWSyzEuMdPftetEGEGBkq