1 2
André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/1/08 5:37 p.m.

God, the programming is horrible this yr.

Pinks, Passtime, Unique Whimps, That Toe Truck Show... The list goes on.

The decent shows all seem to air when I'm working.

So I've stopped watching. Wow eh.

A.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
12/1/08 5:54 p.m.

Several months ago Comcast decided to pull Speed Tv out of the package I was getting and put it in a special "sports" group that would cost me $10 a month more.

I decided I didn't need Speed Tv any more.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/1/08 6:13 p.m.

Yep. Spike has some pretty decent car shows on the weekend and lets face it, Speed does not really cover any super important races, I still have them, but until the real racing season starts up again I guess I'll have to make due with Top Gear :)

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
12/1/08 8:03 p.m.

If it wasn't for F1, I'd have no use for Speed at all anymore. And right now, that's a moot point.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/1/08 8:04 p.m.

speed went to ass when it stopped all the classic motoring/racing programs in the morning and ditched rally

you are ass speed....

total ass.

a bag of ass

http://automotive.speedtv.com/forums/viewforum/2/ <-- lots of anti speed threads there.

Seems like speed has turned into a "lifestyle" channel. You know the kinda lifestyle where it is OK to watch stuff semi related to a hobby you enjoy instead of participating..

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/1/08 8:32 p.m.

Uh...yea. I try not to watch too much TV, and it was most of what I did watch when it was Speedvision and had good programming. So now I watch about 30 minutes of TV a week.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/1/08 9:53 p.m.

Yep for a little over a year now. Haven't missed it since I download some of what I'm missing and the rest, well youtube and the magazine make up for it.

Nick
Nick Reader
12/1/08 10:45 p.m.

SpeedTV sucks.

But they're right in step with most of TV. Like Twin_Cam, I doubt I even watch 30 minutes of TV most weeks. Exceptions would be if they accidentally televise some roadrace or rally.

former520
former520 New Reader
12/1/08 11:52 p.m.

I only had cable for speedvision once I discovered it in 99. I used to relentlessly get made fun of by my friends for always managing to change the channel to it. I gave up on the network soon after they got rid of the lost drive in. I would stay in on Fridays to watch (and recover from Thursdays hangover to be ready for Saturday). Currently I will be going into year 4 without cable or sat at the end of December.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
12/2/08 4:05 a.m.

Spped is a horrible channel I used to love it but now it sucks.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/2/08 6:30 a.m.

I'm with ignorant, when they dropped WRC coverage that was the beginning of the end.

I rarely watch TV except for Mythbusters etc, occasionally I will flip over to SPEED and I say to myself 'I'm gonna regret this' and by golly I do regret it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/08 6:46 a.m.

Speed TV? Oh yeah, them. I don't really watch them anymore.

In fact most of TV in general is crap. I don't really watch it anymore.

alfadriver
alfadriver Reader
12/2/08 7:13 a.m.

Like I said in the other side of this board, Speed's international feed is really, really good.

I'm kind of bummed that they think it necessary to dumb down what we see in the US vs. the actual racing they show in other parts of the world.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
12/2/08 9:59 a.m.

I'm with you ! SPEED sucks.

How about a GRM show? I can suggest some ideas.

My other rant? Top Gear ( here in Ohio .. Time Warner ) has been 4 year old re-runs, And NOW, moved to 5 PM

Oh well, guess it means more time in the garage.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
12/2/08 10:17 a.m.

I'm about ready to give up on Cable TV entirely apart from glancing at CNN Headline News and a few shows on Cartoon Network Adult Swim. The Sci-Fi Channel is now the poorly made horror movie channel. Anything about cars is all bling-bling and no cars. And now Dish Network is flooding it's channels with more and more shopping networks and trying to mix them in with the programming channels instead of burying them in the higher numbers so you are almost forced to look at them now.

I could get by with a Netflix subscription and a wire from my computer to the TV.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/2/08 10:24 a.m.

One bright note is that Speed is showing the SCCA Runoffs. Not sure what times (mine is on automatic) but I am going to guess something like 1 a.m. (!)

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/2/08 11:09 a.m.

I killed cable. Not looking back and I sure like the extra money in my wallet each month.

as for the runoffs.... They're "condensed" coverage is a mere shadow of its former self.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
12/2/08 11:51 a.m.
aircooled wrote: One bright note is that Speed is showing the SCCA Runoffs. Not sure what times (mine is on automatic) but I am going to guess something like 1 a.m. (!)

That's what DVRs are for.

OFracing
OFracing New Reader
12/2/08 1:07 p.m.

I can't believe the crap on Speed. Sunday night they had a show on building tractors. They must have a huge archive of old races, why don't they put them on in the off season instead of this reality garbage. I'd like a chance to see events I missed this summer and didn't tape plus there's so much racing going on outside the US that they should be showing. I'd even "settle" for some seasonal programming like ice and snowmobile racing instead of tractor building. Save that stuff for 3 AM filler programming.

I guess asking Speed TV to show speed related programming is like expecting MTV to show music. mike

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
12/2/08 3:38 p.m.

Speed has to prop up the going south ratings of nascar at all costs . The sponsors are getting out quicker than ever and soon who will pay for all those high dollar drivers and cars , payrolls for what entertainment value ? Let alone the shirts and keychains ? Shareholders will soon get wise to the shenanigenz , THink Rick Flare >>>>>>>> Jet flying , wining and dining , beautiful women , Limo driving lifestyle . WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya New Reader
12/2/08 5:04 p.m.

And the funny thing is.... just got notified that my HD content is going to add SpeedTV HD, now only if they would play something I would watch....

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
12/2/08 5:24 p.m.

Comcrap pulled Speed Channel about three or four years ago from our regular programming package. I was annoyed at first since I watched the Speed World Challenge, WRC, and ALMS religiously, but from what I've been hearing lately about their channel, maybe I'm not missing much at all.

RXBeetle
RXBeetle New Reader
12/2/08 8:36 p.m.

when was the last time they showed "Victory By Design"? that is the kind of show I will SHHHHHH any member of my family for distracting me while I'm watching. I've turned to teh interbutts for my viewing now, Top Gear, The Office, and Diggnation are about all I have time for.

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
12/3/08 1:08 a.m.

For my New Year resolution I'm going to make good on an idle threat I've made on Speed's forums.

I'm going to take it to their advertisers.

For the rest of this month, I'm going to keep a notebook in the coffee table and jot down the products being advertised during the SpeedTV programs I record and/or watch live. From that list i will find the consumer contact link or email address of each company and inform them they've made my "list" of advertisers I see as enablers of the sorry content on Speed. They will enjoy a quarterly embargo of my wallet... even those products and service I would otherwise normally buy or use.

The message will be simple; pull your ads from SpeedTV until Fox sees fit to get back to quality programming.

I am tired of paging through Speed's listings finding those nuggets of interesting race coverage amongst the dearth of non-motorsports programs. The NASCAR talk and lifestyle shows need to go too. Until Speed gets it, the advertisers will pay the price.

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
12/3/08 9:29 a.m.

Yup. Not delivered in HD and daytime stuff is all fluff. The fluff on Spike is better and in HD.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WxunxG4nhHGsdUQqVDsLyJ8WTKCTlNlWVrueEqoCqooSaQZct6ysivJNcbLyMnXY