ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
9/22/22 10:19 p.m.

It's OK. 

I got a desk to hide under.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
9/22/22 10:38 p.m.

The Cincinnati area is typically in the top 10 due to GE aircraft aviation home base and P&G.  No Book of Eli for me...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/22 10:47 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Woo! Nobody wants Canada!

They hated your DEW line and CF-100. Trust me, they'll nuke you guys on general principle.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
9/22/22 10:55 p.m.
Appleseed said:
ShawnG said:

Woo! Nobody wants Canada!

They hated your DEW line and CF-100. Trust me, they'll nuke you guys on general principle.

The Clunk was good, the Arrow would have been amazing. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/22 10:57 p.m.

Can't believe the bastards didn't even save one for a museum.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/22/22 11:01 p.m.

I have a stock of strawberry preserves and lots of cans of Bush's black beans, so my main concern is hiding from Margie.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/22/22 11:03 p.m.

Lucky for us no nuke launched from over there will ever touch us.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
9/22/22 11:26 p.m.

Can't believe Eugene Oregon is on the first strike list. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/22/22 11:27 p.m.

Looks like Portland would get hit. Good thing I usually hang out in the basement like a troll. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/22 8:30 a.m.
yupididit said:

Learn me?

I was under the impression that MAD was still a thing and it was impossible to knock down the number of warheads involved in a full exchange.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/23/22 8:37 a.m.
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) said:

I have a stock of strawberry preserves and lots of cans of Bush's black beans, so my main concern is hiding from Margie.

Oooh, strawberry preserves.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/23/22 9:07 a.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:
yupididit said:

Learn me?

I was under the impression that MAD was still a thing and it was impossible to knock down the number of warheads involved in a full exchange.

Our missile defense system (the THAAD) can hit ICBMs but there aren't enough of them and not a sure thing to guarantee us safety from nukes from what I have heard.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/23/22 9:13 a.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:
yupididit said:

Learn me?

I'm sort of the: If "they" launch one there's a decent (75% ish) chance it will be intercepted, but if "they" launch 500, it's all going down, man" perspective.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/23/22 9:16 a.m.
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself said:

Living in Chicagoland

I mean lets be honest, that would be an improvement for Chicago. cheeky

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/23/22 9:26 a.m.

Looking at the map, the only real zone of safety seems to be Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  That is, of course, if the winter doesn't kill ya!  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/23/22 9:33 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

South east Oregon. prevailing winds and mountains should keep fall out to a minimum

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/23/22 10:18 a.m.

I'm halfway between Philly and Balmer.  No direct targeting in the area, but it ain't gonna be long.

I'm 40 minutes' drive north of Dover AFB.  I am surprised to see that's not a primary target.

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/23/22 10:20 a.m.

Lubbock's in the 500 club.  Go Tech!

Amarillo is too, but they also got a couple of the 2000 handouts.  For Pantex and I-40, I guess.  Always trying to one-up Lubbock ...

Edit:  Oh, yeah, they'd want to take out the Big Texan Steak Ranch for sure.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/23/22 10:54 a.m.

Using the Nukemap it looks like I'm not going to have a quick end. Not sure if I'll do lawn chairs with a welding helmet to watch the show or chill in the 1960s 'storm' shelter. A couple high altitude bursts for EMP would probably be a better tactic than a 2000 warhead attack. Instant return to 19th Century tech and slow death to population centers.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/22 10:59 a.m.

I am about 5 miles from the Charleston Naval Weapons Station, think bunkers of ??? And the Naval Nuclear Training Command, where many of nukes in our sub force are trained. I'm about 8 miles from the Charleston Air Force Base, one of the main C17 bases.

It looks like we get a couple of triangles and a few black dots for good measure. 

The good news is, judging by the rest of the Russian military, there is a good chance that none of their nukes will work and probably an even chance that some Ukrainian farmer will tow them off with his tractor. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/22 11:07 a.m.

NeOhio is completely blanketed by triangles...

Game over man.

Does anyone have any intel on how well/poorly maintained their nukes are?  

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/23/22 12:05 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Using the Nukemap it looks like I'm not going to have a quick end. Not sure if I'll do lawn chairs with a welding helmet to watch the show or chill in the 1960s 'storm' shelter. A couple high altitude bursts for EMP would probably be a better tactic than a 2000 warhead attack. Instant return to 19th Century tech and slow death to population centers.

Sounds like you've read "One Second After" as well.  Things go to hell in a hurry without that sweet sweet electricity.

And looking at my region of central KY one might wonder why Ivan would target all those pretty horses and bourbon distilleries.    Well, we also have the nations largest repository of nerve and mustard gas munitions.    It's all obsolete and would never get used but it's still there, slowly getting destroyed.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/23/22 12:08 p.m.

As for fallout, we've already nuked the planet a couple thousand times.

https://youtu.be/310-GYiitpM

We mostly kept ours to Nevada, the Russians nuked their entire country it seems.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/23/22 12:15 p.m.
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) said:

...Does anyone have any intel on how well/poorly maintained their nukes are?  

As you may have seen, they have had some pretty serious equipment issues related to the all so common Russian corruption....

...but, there apparently is evidence they have spent a fair amount of effort to make certain their nuclear forces are well upgraded and maintained.  So, they might actually work.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/22 12:19 p.m.

Might not matter anyways

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ALLqAtKojocSjg327gQObHWc2NeMmNU2I5TeBHaE6rec4BS0wUNhXAHZEmTWmt2x