1 2
bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
11/22/10 12:11 p.m.

Connecticut is the worst I've seen - "package stores" are open from 8 am to 8 pm Monday - Saturday.

After 8 pm, and all day Sunday, you are SOL unless you go to a bar or restaurant.

It took almost three years after moving away before I stopped reflexively checking the fridge at about 7:30!

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
11/22/10 12:13 p.m.
minimac wrote: I am the only one here that remembers "Blue Laws"? Almost everything was closed on Sundays. Bars, stores, gas stations.....it really wasn't such a bad thing, either.

Especially for the acquisition of autocross venues....

SgtRauksauff
SgtRauksauff New Reader
11/22/10 8:59 p.m.

I'm shocked at this craziness of illegal alcohol sales on Sunday. Flabbergasted, even. Perhaps that explains Lewis Black when he was here, (Wisconsin) and was wondering if we had a federal subsidy for alcohol. "You are not alcoholics. You are, and my hat is off, professionals!"

--sarge

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
11/23/10 8:16 a.m.

Don't blame me. I voted Libertarian.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
11/23/10 8:48 a.m.
cwh wrote: When I grew up in Ohio, the blue laws forbade the sale of milk, but permitted the sale of 3.2 beer.

I didn't even know 3.2 beer existed until I recently spent 8 weeks in Oklahoma. Guess who didn't stop in Texas on the way in to get real beer?

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
11/26/10 5:48 p.m.

This gentleman had not run out, he was waiting in the airport to leave the country for our honeymoon in Nassau.

I have plenty of libations for once we return to Tulsa. After a wonderful three hour layover.

We have the dumb 3.2 beer in gas stations/grocery stores, have to go to the liquor store for real beer and wine they are open from 10-9 Mon-Sat. And then they don't sell it cold. But I can go to a restaurant or bar and get hammered on a Sunday, makes no sense.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9goZxrhCqppsZidlTQB63bHKG289CQr8bnao8VsHyGJ6WgX15uFPgxc38xtJva5j