Gary
Gary UberDork
7/9/22 4:11 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/22 5:07 p.m.
Gary said:

He Killed Sixteen Czechoslovakians

That was a great episode, but it bugged the hell out of me. I always expected that guy to come back. They never resolved that story line. I thought for sure he would show up in the finale and whack Tony. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/9/22 7:16 p.m.

This is funny as I had 2 Italian Aunts that were known to go to family style weddings with plastic lined purses.  

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/9/22 8:14 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:
Gary said:

He Killed Sixteen Czechoslovakians

That was a great episode, but it bugged the hell out of me. I always expected that guy to come back. They never resolved that story line. I thought for sure he would show up in the finale and whack Tony. 

I agree. I don't know why it wasn't resolved. But I think the writers did a great job pairing brutal mob behavior with stupid, comic mob behavior. This was one of those stupid, comic episodes. Paulie was great. He was perfect for the role. Many of us say the very same curses he said in this video (I do), but we could never match his perfect inflection and gusto with those curses. I find myself trying to imitate Paulie often! I've learned a lot about cursing from watching his role.

But I have to say, I grew up in RI, which has a large Italiano population as well a significant mob heritage (the Raymond Patriarca "family"). So we've known a lot of guys like Paulie. But Paulie was the man.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mcQgcXfIjTdP65LqBBBq769QHpmfAkoGPlDgj2tuNrfvlvEbJUPyCA1nKsalfqJr