1 2 3
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/21/19 8:23 a.m.

Zombie Canoe deleted from a spammer who wanted to sell you term papers.  

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
1/21/19 8:45 a.m.

When I witnessed the street parking bumper car taking place at college I promptly sold the nice car.   I found a junkyard Jetta Carat  (unpainted rubber bumpers) and swapped in the 3A 2.0 out of an Audi into it.  It was surprisingly quick  and I left it scuzzy for bumper car enjoyment. 

In general some kind of appliance like a corolla or other low cost forgettable vehicle would be my suggestion.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
1/21/19 9:06 a.m.

Best college car?  Volvo 240.  Bonus points for wagon.  The rattier, the better.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/21/19 3:41 p.m.

I'm in college and I've got a 6-speed Infiniti G35. It's a huge step up from the slammed Crown Vic with the mini-spool. Nobody's ever accused me of making good decisions.

peabody
peabody New Reader
1/23/19 4:40 p.m.

Mazda protege 

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
1/23/19 4:56 p.m.

I started college with a '63 Belair (230 CID inline 6, Powerglide), then "upgraded" to a '75 Vega Kammback.  The Vega was actually better for my uses, being as reliable and more maneuverable and fuel-efficient.

Fartrum
Fartrum New Spammer
8/9/20 2:35 p.m.

For me personally, the best cars were SUVs. They are practical, beautiful and reliable, [and good at hauling canoes]. This is good for college and any other purpose. It all depends on your needs. You can see and compare [best midsize canoes]. Most of all I like Toyota and Volvo car brands. I would choose from these cars. It all depends on the budget.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
8/9/20 3:47 p.m.

I think you should look into Mopar products. FCA (Fing Canoe Artists) make good transportations. They are the most goodest evers. You can even get the special edition Zombie trim level on some products. You will be the envy of all at university and can afford to eat more than just Spam. Perhaps you could attend Berkley University? 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
8/9/20 4:43 p.m.

The best car for college is I didn't go to college.

Very affordable.

TheRev
TheRev New Reader
8/9/20 6:17 p.m.

Whatever is the modern equivalent of a 240 SX hatchback manual. That was the perfect car when I was at college back in 98. Surprising amount of room in the hatch. Put a bike rack on the back and I could fit everything.

Uncle David (Forum Supporter)
Uncle David (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/9/20 7:15 p.m.

Mine looked like this

Water-Shooting Bike Hack Sprays Calligraphic Graffiti (Video ...

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
8/9/20 11:07 p.m.

I had an MGB in College back when style meant more than reliability. They were actually cheap back then. Things are so different today. It must really suck to be in College.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/9/20 11:36 p.m.

I bought an '82 Accord sedan during the summer between freshman and sophomore years--yes, with a five-speed. It almost made it to graduation, but that oddball three-barrel carburetor got me on the way home from spring break.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
8/10/20 9:36 a.m.

1987 CRX DX and 1990 Civic hatch 20 years ago.  The CRX also had some electric carb Rube Goldberg. 

Runabouts, really.  What's the equivalent today?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DjKRZwdyFNN8fe2S3UJKsMU3FiVosBm94Jhjp49nUj3msISDqv5nBvXdNowhpGai