1 2
Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/13/20 1:36 a.m.

I've been using Skull Candy Ink'd for years.  $40 @ Target and the battery lasts for 18 hours of non stop use.   Sound is great to me, but I've never owned stuff like Klipsh.  My dad does, and he said for the price my earbuds were absolutely phenomenal sounding.  They hang around the neck but are super light and no hard plastic like the usual stuff

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/31/20 11:48 a.m.

Partial update, I picked up a decent usb C to 3.5mm phone adapter to enjoy my senn cans with and for music it's definitely reconfirmation of being the right choice. 

That means buds will be about phone and features. I'm leaning towards pixel buds due to the real time translation feature and hopes that travel will once again be possible. There's also the possibility that I'll be relocating within the next 18 months to a location where no fewer than 4 languages are spoken. I also have a $50 pixel store credit after the arrival of the new phone replacement, so it's either going towards the buds or a wireless charger. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/21 9:28 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

I have a set of these:  2019 Upgraded, Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo True Wireless Earbuds and have been very happy with them..

I also use these and am very happy with them.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/23/22 8:46 p.m.

Digging this up again as my free Bose buds are not long for this life. I'd like to stay under $100 but I'm open. Active sound cancelling might be worth it, but battery life and comfort come first. Most nights I fall asleep with ears in so something unobtrusive is ideal. And something that won't fall out on the treadmill if I ever get back to the gym.

If you're curious, I currently have Bose Sport free buds. They came with my iPhone two and a bit years ago. The left side doesn't hold a charge anymore, lucky if I get 15 minutes out of it. And they're bulky and no mic. The sound was ok and the price was right, but I'm not buying a set. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/23/22 9:57 p.m.

For Bluetooth I run a set of the Sennheiser cx-sports. Not a true true wireless, as there is a wire connecting them to each other. Fell asleep with them in my ears on a plane last week. Paid $90 on Amazon like two years ago. Still hold a good several hour charge. Didn't come out on the treadmill. Sound decent. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/22 8:20 a.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:
Aaron_King said:

I have a set of these:  2019 Upgraded, Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo True Wireless Earbuds and have been very happy with them..

I also use these and am very happy with them.

I lost one of these the other week so I ordered a new pair of true wireless earbuds, decided to try out the Raycon Everyday Buds. They're pretty decent. About $80, which is basically twice the Anker pair. Are they twice as good? No, but they are nice enough. 

Ironically the morining the Raycon buds were due in, I found the lost Anker bud. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/24/22 4:22 p.m.

Well I just hit the easy button and got a set of 2nd gen AirPods. I have several sets of wired cans for when I need better sound, and the ease and convenience factor is high considering I use an iPhone 11. Not very imaginative, but comfy and simple. 

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
5/25/22 8:48 a.m.

I have the tozo t12s and they're phenomenal. I run in them (have lasted through a couple straight downpours), drive in them (16hrs in one day last week) and they seem to hold up really well 

10001110101 Reader
5/25/22 10:08 a.m.

I have a pair of Skullcandy Indy Fuel wireless buds. Mine are last years model that I caught on sale at Costco for about $60. They come with a rechargeable case (USB C or Wireless). Looks like the updated models have ANC. You can adjust the EQ to a few different presets and they have a few different size earpieces with them. I was nervous about losing one doing yardwork but it hasn't been an issue. Sound quality is good for what they are.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
5/26/22 5:03 p.m.

Definitely a timely bump, I too am in the "my old ones worked great, thanks for making them obsolete, Apple" camp. 

Trying to find something similar that would work under a motorcycle helmet, and seal my ears well against wind and road noise.    Apple plastic buds do not work for this, and I have a slight preference for over-the-ear to help keep them located.  General snooping on Amazon turned up these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-True-Waterproof-Microphone-Workout-Black/dp/B08H1WNYTR/ref=sr_1_21?c=ts&keywords=Earbud%2B%26%2BIn-Ear%2BHeadphones&qid=1653497215&refinements=p_n_feature_thirteen_browse-bin%3A509316&rnid=2266979011&s=aht&sr=1-21&ts_id=12097478011&th=1

But would be curious if the hive has any other/better recommendations.  Would like to stay under $100.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5d5E4r6MWUlkMsjE6KMpY7sIIn3AeJXAMWWWOdgK0QPRfCdZM6efv9PDXQmsS0NQ