Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/9/22 8:08 p.m.

Just saw that.  Crazy. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/9/22 8:22 p.m.

January 9, 2022 7:39PM

ORLANDO, Fla.  The Orange County Sheriff's Office confirmed the death of actor and comedian Bob Saget on Sunday.

Saget was 65 years old.

In a tweet, the sheriff's office said deputies were called to the Ritz-Carlton Orlando "for a call about an unresponsive man in a hotel room."

The sheriff's office identified the man as Robert Saget, pronouncing him dead at the scene.

According to the tweet, detectives said they found no signs of foul play or drug use.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/9/22 8:24 p.m.

Wow

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 8:27 p.m.

Yeah, wow.

He was surprisingly filthy on stage, but very funny. sad

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I think his family friendly material is more surprising than his vulgar material, once you hear the stand up. He's with Pam Tanner now. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
1/9/22 8:54 p.m.

Man... this sucks. I grew up on a steady diet of both Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos, because what 80's/90's kid didn't? And then finding out later that America's Dad was a filthy, funny-as-berk stand-up comic? That blew my mind! Funny dude, whether he was doing the wholesome dad thing or his adult stand-up. 

He was also a great interview, too. He used to stop by one of the local Boston radio morning shows every time he was up this way, and it was appointment listening. They were just talking about this tour he kicked off today last week on that show, and how they were looking forward to him stopping by. 

RIP. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 9:02 p.m.

Watching the reaction unsuspecting people had at his shows was almost as funny as his act.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/22 9:30 p.m.

I can't believe Artie Lange outlived Bob Saget. RIP funny man. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/9/22 9:43 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

The lord works in mysterious ways 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/9/22 10:43 p.m.

Huge, huge bummer. I hadn't ever been able to see him live. I had 5 tickets for one his shows here in OKC for family and friends. 

RIP

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/22 10:09 a.m.

What the funk.

Him and Norm Macdonald are cruising somewhere in a '61 Olds.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/10/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

Can you imagine the Aristocrats to come out of that trip?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
1/10/22 10:44 a.m.

Bob Saget was a comedy treasure. He will be missed. RIP.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/10/22 10:56 a.m.

This interaction between Bob Saget and Norm Macdonald (also RIP) still cracks me up. Bob trying to tell a legitimately touching store and Norm ruins it. The look on Bob's face is priceless. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
1/10/22 12:23 p.m.

Illest mother effer in a cardigan sweater...

NSFW

https://youtu.be/nO7hU7tCmlc

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/10/22 12:27 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

I can't believe Artie Lange outlived Bob Saget. RIP funny man. 

Bob did outlive Artie's nose cartilage though. Don't do drugs in industrial quantities kids.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/10/22 1:27 p.m.

I am gutted he was so funny live. Just saw him last year.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/10/22 2:17 p.m.

The Aristocrats

Bob Saget Tells Possibly the Filthiest Joke in History

"The story involves diarrhea, pedophilia, fisting, and rounds upon round of singing “Make ‘Em Laugh” while running up walls “like Fred Astaire.” Transcribing all Saget’s turns of phrase simply does not do his telling of the joke justice. By the time he’s done, he can’t even tell the punchline, which makes it all even funnier."

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
1/10/22 3:12 p.m.

I had only ever seen him hosting America's Funniest and on Full House, naturally I assumed he was simply the least funny comedian since Billy Crystal.

Apparently I was mistaken.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/10/22 6:06 p.m.
ShawnG said:

I had only ever seen him hosting America's Funniest and on Full House, naturally I assumed he was simply the least funny comedian since Billy Crystal.

Apparently I was mistaken.

Me too, although I did figure it out a little while ago.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/11/22 9:42 a.m.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/11/22 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Well done!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/11/22 10:24 a.m.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bob-saget-dead-autopsy-hotel-201550624.html

"The cause and manner of death are pending further studies and investigation which may take up to 10-12 weeks to complete," Stephany says. "Our condolences go out to Mr. Saget's loved ones during this difficult time."

According to a report released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Saget was discovered by hotel security on Sunday afternoon after his family requested a wellness check. The comedian was found deceased "in a supine position on his bed." The supine position means lying horizontally with the face and torso facing up.

"I checked the immediate area for signs of foul play. It should be noted none were found. The room itself was orderly with items owned by Mr. Saget on the nightstand, television stand, closet and bathroom," the report reads, with the responding officer stating "no signs of trauma were seen."

Medications were present, according to the report, and it's noted Saget's medical history is unknown. Police say no drugs were found.

Saget was staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida. The comedian was on tour and performed a two-hour standup set the night before his death. He used his room key to enter his hotel room at 2:17 a.m. early on Sunday morning, the incident report reveals. 

"Family members" contacted hotel security to check on his well-being and "several attempts" were made to open the door after check out time, the report says. When security entered the room all the lights were off. The person checked to see if Saget was breathing, but he was "cold to the touch." Security called 911.

"We have an unresponsive guest in a room," someone from the hotel says, according to the 911 call obtained by Yahoo Entertainment. The man says the guest is "not responsive, not breathing" and had "no pulse."

Saget was declared dead at 4:18 p.m. local time. Hotel management informed Saget's wife, Kelly Rizzo, of his passing. Homicide was notified, which is standard process. "All deaths, whether they are natural, suicide, overdose or homicide are always looked at by the homicide unit," police clarified on Monday. 

The Orange and Osceola Counties Medical Examiner's Office will determine cause of death.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/11/22 6:23 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mQ4woa02ToWlIbx8J3or7PgjwFKwJGHrTWLQ4E84hmc4M72GQ6BvsNdwidsQIerY