914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/26/12 7:35 p.m.

Old hat to some, new to me. Good stuff.

Lesley don't watch, you'll cry. I swear I didn't.

See the program, not just the promo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4QcyvNh49o

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB Dork
9/26/12 8:06 p.m.

I would watch that again and suggest it to all !

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/26/12 8:47 p.m.

I reallllllly want to see that!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/26/12 8:55 p.m.

Very cool. Similar to how I deal with wild dogs around my work.

EDIT: ...and then Youtube suggest I watch a video of horses... fornicating. Wonderful....

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
9/27/12 7:18 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: EDIT: ...and then Youtube suggest I watch a video of horses... fornicating. Wonderful....

It's only fornication if the horses aren't married!

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/27/12 7:37 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Very cool. Similar to how I deal with wild dogs around my work. EDIT: ...and then Youtube suggest I watch a video of horses... fornicating. Wonderful....

You know the Google (and YouTube) related content algorithm is based on your search history...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
9/27/12 8:34 a.m.
slefain wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Very cool. Similar to how I deal with wild dogs around my work. EDIT: ...and then Youtube suggest I watch a video of horses... fornicating. Wonderful....
You know the Google (and YouTube) related content algorithm is based on your search history...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/27/12 8:37 a.m.
slefain wrote:

If that were the case, it would be midget horses.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/12 8:44 a.m.

I hate horses and feel-good movies and sappy crap. But that actually looks really good, very original and interesting. I'm pleasantly surprised.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
9/27/12 9:16 a.m.

It's on Netflix last I checked. The missus and I watched it when it came out last year and it really is very good. It's not a big steamy pile of feel-good garbage either.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/27/12 8:28 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: It's on Netflix last I checked.

It is and it has been added to my instant for a night I feel like making Wifey cry.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
9/27/12 9:16 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I reallllllly want to see that!

Netflix instant view for the win!

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
9/27/12 9:24 p.m.

I'll have to watch that one with the family

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
11/24/12 9:14 p.m.

Don't want to drag a thread up from the dead but we finally got around to watching this. Well worthwhile. I think I'll take a nice long ride, in the forest, on my ATV tomorrow. (My avatar is my ATV)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/24/12 9:32 p.m.

Leslie, come on over I have plenty of Kleenex! I cried just watching the friggin' trailer!

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/25/12 12:20 a.m.

OK, I'll bring popcorn, Munchos and sour gummy bears

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
11/25/12 2:48 a.m.

I somehow expected Uncle Buck... but yes, that was totally impressive.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/25/12 6:34 a.m.

In my queue.....I should give it a try.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
11/25/12 8:47 a.m.

Ahh, the real horse whisperer. My mom went to an Equestrian Show In Kentucky back in the late 90's to see this guy in action. She couldn't stop talking about him for weeks.

Wonder if I could get the wife to watch it, It looks good.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/25/12 10:13 a.m.

Wayslow, does your paint have two blue eyes, or just the one that's visible? My girl is currently in foal, 150 days along now. We bred her to a really fancy Welsh stallion in the hopes of getting a nice, large showy pony.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, I'm going out to see if I can find a copy.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
11/25/12 6:50 p.m.

In reply to Lesley:

He has two blue eyes and was my youngest Daughter's first show horse. He had to retire from jumping do to navicular issues but he still lives with us and is trail sound.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/25/12 7:24 p.m.

Do you have pads on him, or just keep him on lots of turnout? Lucky boy that he's still fairly sound.

Wayslow
Wayslow Reader
11/26/12 4:55 a.m.

In reply to Lesley: We're on very sandy soil here and he's been kept barefoot. They all come in once a day for feeding and grooming but other than that they stay out 24/7. He hasn't taken a lame step in over a year now, but we don't make him work too hard.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/26/12 9:50 a.m.

Excellent – the way horses were meant to live!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UNJdShN3pROervVaZDvMUTLyClFuqoj04T2lye1eWyEwXOWOiuGSyzK660WFOoDd