1 ... 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 ... 4665
CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/22 4:52 p.m.
914Driver said:

In reply to NickD :

Yep, that all makes sense; but it looks like a tripping hazard to me.  You've just moved your point of resistance inboard.

I just spent an hour trying to figure out what this is.  Is it a three wheeler and is the rear wheel collapsing?  Is that really a child in the left seat? Enquiring minds and all of that.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/22 5:38 p.m.
CJ said: I just spent an hour trying to figure out what this is.  Is it a three wheeler and is the rear wheel collapsing?  Is that really a child in the left seat? Enquiring minds and all of that.

An old car with two guys in it about to roll. You can see the shadow from the tire blocked by the car on the ground. 

A different roll for comparison:

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/12/22 5:46 p.m.

In reply to CJ :

Please don't take offense, I'm just goofing around:

The Low Vision Examination - VisionAware

Added later...

I can at least imagine now how you thought you saw a child in the left seat but I'm pretty sure it's just a shiny leather jacket reflection coming from the left seat adults left arm. 

johndej
johndej SuperDork
7/12/22 5:50 p.m.
CJ said:
914Driver said:

In reply to NickD :

Yep, that all makes sense; but it looks like a tripping hazard to me.  You've just moved your point of resistance inboard.

I just spent an hour trying to figure out what this is.  Is it a three wheeler and is the rear wheel collapsing?  Is that really a child in the left seat? Enquiring minds and all of that.

https://motoringpicturelibrary.com/index.php/mpl_images/austin-747-cc-event-entry-no-52-driver-sparrow-b-place-donington-park-race-meeting-date-13-5-33-2

Austin 747 cc. Event Entry No: 52.. Driver: Sparrow, B.. Place: . Donington Park Race Meeting. Date: 13.5.33.

There's a couple more from that outing and a ton of classic pics on that page.

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/12/22 8:47 p.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/22 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/12/22 9:51 p.m.

Zoom in on the rear bumper. Oh the irony.........

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/12/22 10:13 p.m.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/22 1:52 a.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

None taken.

I have seen a few pictures that, once I think I see something in them, I just can't un-see it... even if its not there blush

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/22 9:02 a.m.

I love this one. Someone was using to demonstrate how expensive gas is.  That's great until you actually look at an inflation calculator.

My take, Damn gas is cheap these days.
If we assume that pic is 1970, that's 8.17/gal today
If we assume that pic is 1971, that's 7.83/gal today
If we assume that pic is 1971, that's 7.58/gal today
If we assume that pic is 1971, that's 7.17/gal today

7/13/22 9:05 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Zoom in on the rear bumper. Oh the irony.........

I've looked, zoomed in, opened in a different window.  Nope, just not enough resolution to figure out anything other than it's a phrase in white letters on a blue car!

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
7/13/22 9:31 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

I think it is one of those "cute" upside down writing saying that if you can read this to roll me over things.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/22 9:41 a.m.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/22 9:42 a.m.

Making an inflation adjustment becomes misleading when soaring energy prices are a principle driver of the inflation itself.

I just finished too :( - Imgflip

7/13/22 9:56 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Fair point, lets assume this pic is 1970 as well.  I don't know what car that is to date it unlike a Superbird.  $0.489, let's call that $0.49 is $3.74, cheapest state for regular now is Georgia at $4.14, so gas is currently 11.5% more expensive.  Yup, that's hurting everyone, but it's most likely also temporary once Putin is bitch slapped back into a hole.  Heck, summer of 08 gas hit $4.10 a gallon, let's round that down to $4/gal, and that's $5.51/gal today Vs the national average of $4.63.  Again, this doesn't help people in the short term, but the current gas prices aren't out of the range we've been paying as it goes up and down over the last 50 years.

7/13/22 9:58 a.m.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/13/22 11:34 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Sorry, the picture resolution doesn't come through clearly enough. It does say, "If you can read this, turn me over". 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/13/22 12:23 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/13/22 12:39 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/13/22 7:49 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/14/22 7:44 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/14/22 9:45 a.m.
NickD said:

Its apparently hard to find a bigger pic of the infamous 74 April Fools photo of Bill "Sexy" Jenkins. And rightly so.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/14/22 10:01 a.m.

When I worked at Year One we had this parked in the lobby for a little while:

It was frick'n nasty. In fact they let it idle too long inside the building and almost knocked out the entire graphics/writing department upstairs. We had a few GMMG cars come through. I didn't care for the normal Camaros, but those GMMG cars were the shiznit.

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/14/22 10:01 a.m.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/14/22 12:01 p.m.
NickD said:

That pic and others like it endeared me to the Alfa GTV.

1 ... 4450 4451 4452 4453 4454 ... 4665

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FT3HuUFsbDIKLOcSn0RRGoNPmMIf3t00801wFg1g6psaNCsaNjEU19E0G4E2YfPd