1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/21 6:14 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

From his standup descriptions of his father, Stacy Keach nailed it.

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/25/21 7:31 p.m.

I've changed my mind.  I want to see more of "Justified".

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/26/21 1:13 p.m.

Thought of a few more 

The River, this needed about 5 more seasons. Great series really

Carnivale: a lot of story to be told there

Better Off Ted: it's a comedy that was hilarious imo, not a lot of people have heard of it somehow

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/21 8:33 a.m.

Oh yeah.... Carnivale.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/28/21 6:56 p.m.

I read through all five pages to make sure it wasn't mentioned because I would have just given a thumbs up but "Lie to Me" The third season ended on a great cliffhanger and I was so looking forward to the new season and....nothing. Also his E9 BMW.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/28/21 11:01 p.m.

Timeless was a good show. Forgot about that one. They gave that show the shaft and tried to wrap everything up with a tv movie.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/21 8:12 a.m.

Necrothread, but I've been watching People of Earth which got two seasons.  TBS greenlit a third season midway through production on the second, and it got written, but then they pulled the order and cancelled it.  As a result there was no resolution on anything.  Every single thread just ends at the end of Season 2.

It's good stuff, too.  Wyatt Cenac (the sleepy-looking black guy from the Daily Show) is the lead at first, then it really becomes a true ensemble.  It's about alien abductees who band together, and the attempts by the aliens to discredit them and shut them up.  It's on Hulu now.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/27/21 8:36 a.m.

Another vote for Firefly.

Also Better off Ted.

9/27/21 9:18 a.m.

I thought of a few more.

• The Colony
  • (super cheesy teen clickbait) The Dollhouse.  It was suggested after watching Firefly (for the 112th time) because Joss Whedon, but pretty ladies, neat premise.  I think they could have done another 5 seasons where Eliza Dushku discovers there is an entire worldwide network of Dollhouses much larger than anticipated, so she finds all the other "awake" girls like her and they take down the whole syndicate by a combination of hacking into the computers to reprogram the girls remotely, and a healthy dose of martial arts combat.  Think SuckerPunch meets Matrix meets Kill Bill on a much lower budget
  • The Wonder Years.  I get it... they grew up.  I want to reboot it with the next generation.  Show what it's like for Kevin Arnold's kids to grow up in the 80s/90s.
9/27/21 9:23 a.m.

Stargate Universe was spectacular imo and should have ran for many years

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/21 11:01 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I enjoyed The Colony, though it seemed like they were struggling for content on the second season.  I think it was a little before its time and with today's streaming solutions it could have perhaps done better.

The Wonder Years is back, from the viewpoint of POC in the same time period.  Looks good from the previews so far.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/21 12:16 p.m.

John From Cincinnati 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/27/21 2:35 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I started watching this one and liked it, but kinda lost interest knowing that it was left open ended without a resolution.

I want more Stargate content.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/27/21 2:42 p.m.

Another one out of left field: Babylon 5 might be coming back. The original show was only supposed to have 5 seasons, and it did, but they might reboot it due to fan interest after they tossed the series up on HBO Max. That's one that I could see getting a reboot and being OK with it. The original was really good, but the visuals were really dated, especially with the Video Toaster Amiga CGI in the early seasons. The story was top notch Sci-Fi and still holds up today with some great plot twists. I don't think they could do a continuation with how it ended, and some of the actors who played main characters are no longer with us, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/27/21 2:58 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

Also Better off Ted.

I came here to post those same two shows. Better Off Ted was so funny. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/27/21 3:35 p.m.

Law & Order--the original formula version. 

9/27/21 4:00 p.m.

It appears as though when they say that Firefly has a "cult following,"  evidently, we're the cult.

Kool-aid served later.

daeman
daeman Dork
9/27/21 4:41 p.m.

Weeds, it was good, but they just wrapped it up in a happily ever after when it got canned.

The pretender... A little bit cheesy, but dammit, I wanted to know wether Jarrod ever figured it all out.

The mighty boosh, because to much noel fielding and Julian barret is never enough.

The detectorists. It all wrapped up nicely, it was a good end, but it could just as easily keep going and was really good

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/27/21 5:31 p.m.

Dark matter for sure. 

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
9/27/21 6:26 p.m.

My choice would be EZ Streets. CBS f'd over the creator/writer/producer (Paul Haggis) due to network politics and it only ran 11 episodes. The writing was exquisite - especially for a crime drama - and it ended much too soon. Those of you who like The Sopranos and The Wire, for example - well, EZ Streets made them look like Sesame Street. Had a real edge for a mainstream network show.

Brimstone was a good "supernatural" cop show that struck a good tone. Really liked Peter Horton and he was much more interesting here than in "Thirty Something" (yuck).

The other one would be the Canadian show Intelligence. Fantastic writing & acting, the good guys were the pot distributors in Vancouver, BC, the bad guys were the Americans/DEA. Lotta fun to watch.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/27/21 7:16 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Agreed. It was different than the other SG series in that few of the characters were "likable" but I liked it for that reason.  It was a good representation of a somewhat random group forced into isolation and to work together.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
9/27/21 7:27 p.m.

The ranch

titus

friday night lights 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/27/21 8:24 p.m.

My bad.  I though you were asking if all TV shows should be canceled.

9/27/21 8:56 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:
93EXCivic said:

Also Better off Ted.

I came here to post those same two shows. Better Off Ted was so funny. 

I'm glad other people liked it, I was starting to think only about 10 people watched it.

Man I gotta watch it again....

9/27/21 8:59 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Agreed. It was different than the other SG series in that few of the characters were "likable" but I liked it for that reason.  It was a good representation of a somewhat random group forced into isolation and to work together.

Absolutely!

Rush and Wray were awful, awful people but I still liked watching them. I really liked how they took pretty much every character and showed that they could fall and fail.

Sg1 was great for about 7 years but it needed to end after that really. I liked the series finale a lot though.

Atlantis was just......2nd rate. Not a lot of cool characters and just seemed like it was dated the whole time somehow, even though a lot was more modern than SG1

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
whMNwKjO1D1LTDplNd7n67dcAkcqcRaMFIljWwqIidMc9DFE6wjAhFAwJQ2Q9yXv