1 2
TJ
TJ Reader
5/21/09 11:08 p.m.

Mine is older and dumber than that - It also kills the engine if I engage reverse with the blades running....I did get the thing for free - just had to fix a ball joint.

jacob29
jacob29 New Spammer
1/22/20 9:38 a.m.

In reply to neon4891 :

Hello neon,

[image link canoe sunk]

I am too looking at brand new fashioned lawn mowers which are effective in working, good in quality, and I am also looking for an affordable one. While doing research and googling in the past 2 weeks. I bought MAKITA XML02Z 18V X2 lawn mower which is really darn awesome I would say. worth the money I would rate 5/5 because of it's quality and user friendly experience.
Hope that helps you

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/22/20 9:57 a.m.

Just a marginally related side note:  I was going through flooded lead-acid batteries on my motorcycle at the rate of one per year.  I don't ride often, never in winter, and the battery would just sit.  Come springtime, it would be useless.  My habits haven't changed, but the last time I bought a battery, I ponied up the big bucks (maybe $90?) and got a Sealed Lead Acid battery instead.  That was at least five years ago, and it's still great.

So, if you're going to abuse your small batteries, buy an SLA.  They tolerate abuse much more betterer than regular old flooded lead acid.

Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
1/23/20 9:05 a.m.

I've jumped my car off with my cordless drill.

Damn lawn mower is baby stuff.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/23/20 9:12 a.m.
Gasoline said:

I've jumped my car off with my cordless drill.

More info on this? 

Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
1/24/20 9:21 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Mine is an old 18v drill that died.  I took the battery and soldered jumper cable leads from the old charger.   My jumper cable wires are short.  Make sure drill battery has a full charge.  I set the drill battery on the car battery and connect the short 1 foot cables.  It mostly works and I don't mind the re-purpose of the cordless drill/battery, instead of throwing it out.  

Google - Jumping off car car motor with a cordless drill

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xHyvQ930d4d3iFaLsHS0MiLUFQjUeCl6hx0YTSomopBS5vVIep1IqaZUdarCQW60