1 2 3
Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/24/13 1:20 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I tried to do it but now my head hurts and I gave up.

I stuck it out, but now have a headache...

Scored 20... I wasn't expecting a perfect score with how my monitors at work are set-up (very low brightness - colors aren't very important for what I do, but eye-strain is). Might try again tonight when I get home if I remember.

I realyl need to get my eyes checked... my vision hasn't been quite right since the last spat of migraines I had a month or so ago.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/24/13 1:49 p.m.
ransom wrote: I wonder how much monitor and settings affect this test...

I assume they have an effect, but I took it on a crappy 5 year old 19" Dell LCD, so I doubt it was anything stellar.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
9/24/13 2:06 p.m.

27 at 53 years. Its really hard for someone who gives no E36 M3 about colors...The chart on the previous page with mens/womens color names really suits me.

Sput
Sput Reader
9/24/13 8:28 p.m.

4, while trying to finish as fast as possible. just under 2-1/2 minutes.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
9/24/13 8:48 p.m.

4, 66 y.o., wear glasses but didn't for this test ( I don't think specs would have anything to do with color perception). Took less than 3 minutes. As an aside, I had a '83 BMW the color was "dolphin" 633 that my neighbor's wife referred to as my "green car".

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/24/13 8:48 p.m.

I got an 11, at age 57 years. Still not wearing glasses.

It said the highest score for my gender and age group was 1520. Yikes.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
9/24/13 8:58 p.m.
Chris_V wrote: I got a 3. Not bad for a 50 year old male with glasses, though I was hoping to do better due to doing graphic design for a living. The three were in the middle of the blue/turquoise range, and could be monitor calibration.

Those are almost exactly the same colors I missed. I got a 3. 30 year old male, no glasses, I'm blaming it on my old monitor.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/24/13 9:00 p.m.

I got an 8. 41, female, no glasses. The worst score for my demographic was 1520. Whoa.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/24/13 10:07 p.m.

Interesting. It's kind of my job to be able to nail this E36 M3. Can't get it to work on the phone. I'm interested to see how I do at work tomorrow. Wanna seperate the men from the boys? Throw some greys on dat bitch.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
9/24/13 10:12 p.m.

Sounds like a lot of you are able to pick out just the riiight shade of seafoam green for your bathroom. I guess Ill be stuck with "kinda blue maybe sort green"

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/24/13 10:24 p.m.

56, I give very low berkeleys about colors.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/25/13 5:44 a.m.

15 = 42 with crappy eyes, but I also spent 14-years in a color-centric business.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/13 6:55 a.m.

8 for me. Apparently I don't like purples.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
9/25/13 7:02 a.m.
fritzsch wrote: Sounds like a lot of you are able to pick out just the riiight shade of seafoam green for your bathroom. I guess Ill be stuck with "kinda blue maybe sort green"

As an engineer, I could care less about a slight variation in color and some marketing name for it. But I can however see a difference. I do kind of like tests like this, however.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
9/25/13 7:56 a.m.

As a custom car painter I had to be able to visually color match paint and see/correct very slight variations. And as a graphic designer I often have to match pantone colors, so being able to see and discern the right shade has been important. Which is why I'm blaming my 3 score on monitor calibration (I have new monitors at work and I don't think I've got them quite right yet)

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/25/13 8:04 a.m.

purecolors
purecolors
8/28/22 3:04 p.m.

Are you experiencing any display issues on your monitor?
Use these colors to test your screen and make sure everything looks as it should. pure black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, and gray colors in a variety of sizes and formats to help you quickly identify potential issues with color reproduction between your display and the content you're viewing. 

pure colors to test monitor

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/22 3:35 p.m.

Male in my 50s, I got a 2.

That said, many of the colors would look nearly identical to me if they weren't right next to a slightly different shade.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
8/28/22 5:32 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Male in my 50s, I got a 2.

That said, many of the colors would look nearly identical to me if they weren't right next to a slightly different shade.

Same!

No Time
No Time SuperDork
8/28/22 5:39 p.m.

Score: 0

Correction: Glasses (with progressive lenses)

Taken on an iPhone 12 mini. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/28/22 5:51 p.m.

6 - quite surprised as I have no patience 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/28/22 6:52 p.m.

0. Glasses since 13. 43 years old now. Lifelong artist. I would expect a zero.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/28/22 10:37 p.m.

Score - 0

Nearly 70

Corrective lenses since 12 - progressive lenses these days

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
8/28/22 11:18 p.m.

Score:0

male, late 30s. Wear glasses but didn't have them on

barefootcyborg5000