1 2 3
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/20/21 8:21 a.m.

I've become a bit of an ADIDAS freak during all this stuff. Have 12+ pairs of various superstars, sambas, and one or tow other models. 

johndej
johndej Dork
10/20/21 8:30 a.m.

My wife got me a pair of Cole Haan's for my birthday that are very nice and comfy. Mine are grey but they have a bunch of other colors and similar designs.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/20/21 7:44 p.m.
z31maniac said:

I've become a bit of an ADIDAS freak during all this stuff. Have 12+ pairs of various superstars, sambas, and one or tow other models. 

I've been wanting to get these Adidas just for the obscurity of them. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
12/29/21 7:33 p.m.

Superfeet insoles about $50.  Replace insole that came in the shoe with these.  These will last a long time, way longer than any shoes.  Chris Smith was a very smart dude who came up with an over the counter device that is good for most people.

Buy shoes at the end of the day, as your feet swell.  You will find that leather shoes are more comfortable and durable.

My wife just got some tan colored, suede Asics shoes that are not bad looking at all.  Asics has a LOT of retro style shoes

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/21 7:54 a.m.

I wear Vans for pretty much anything except running. I've had hi-tops, old schools, eras, and MTEs and have yet to be disappointed by any of them. They're my favorite driving shoe, and when they get too worn out, they become garage shoes or lifting shoes.

My newest pair are Old Schools with the comfycush insoles. Seems like they've got a bit less room in the toe than my last few pairs, but they're also not broken in yet. We'll see.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/9/22 12:26 p.m.

Would it be uncouth of me to bump this thread? I have terrible (flat) feet and am wondering whether anybody's opinions have changed. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/9/22 12:37 p.m.

A pair of vintage Nike Waffle Trainers is just the ticket. 

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/nike-waffle-trainer-history/

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-gvwXzgcfNjQ%2FUBVYh58F0rI%2FAAAAAAAAFzI%2FcDfhJJ0kbvI%2Fs640%2Fnike_oregon_waffle_made_in_japan_08.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Toebra
Toebra Dork
4/18/22 4:41 p.m.

Not changed, but for really flat feet, Birkenstock makes a support that ought to work well for you

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
4/18/22 4:56 p.m.

Not a change, per se, but personally I'm a fan of white Nike Courts for casual wear. I opt for the "Vintage Premium", which is apparently a women's-only style for some reason, but for men's they have the "Legacy" which just has a bigger swoosh on the side.

The Air Max line is good too if you want more support and a more distinctive look.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/19/22 10:16 a.m.

I will second people who have said Adidas. Personally I find them hard to beat for comfort, style and price. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YDu6Pa67ZsNK2T0UfQzUIe94sbR291PMNvJBgSbMu0F1L3luMTVG5a5AFc8ea0VW