1 ... 6 7 8
tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/16/13 1:16 p.m.
SillyImportRacer wrote: Just order an AleinGear IWB for my Glock 23 and one for SWMBO's Taurus PT111. We'll see how they work out. I have a cheap IWB for the G 23 but it is less than comfortable. I had originally planned to get a Glock 19 but was unable to fined one and the 23 seemed to be a good alternative. So far, I like it.

Look into the Ozark branded IWB I have, it's super nice and comfy too.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
7/16/13 1:30 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
kazoospec wrote: Wow, semi-zombie thread. My update: I ended up buying a SW M & P Shield in 9mm for my concealed carry gun. I was fortunate enough to get one at a Gander Mountain grand opening, because most local shops had a waiting list of at least a year. So far, I really like it. Doesn't feel like a toy like most of the .380's I've shot in the past, but much easier to conceal than my Springfield XD compact. Recoil is manageable. It comes with an eight round mag which allows me to get my full hand on the grip and a "short" 7 round mag that leaves my pinky just touching the bottom of the magazine. With the "short" mag, it will pretty easily drop into the pocket of a pair of cargo shorts. The only downside is it is large/heavy enough that it sillouettes itself if you pocket carry it, so its not entirely concealed. A simple universal soft leather holster breaks up the outline pretty well. Accuracy is almost as good as the XD in a smaller, lighter package. Highly recommended if you can find one.
That is a pretty small piece. I've shot it before. Also, remarkably inexpensive for a nice gun. I didn't like it as much as the Glock, so I bought the aforementioned 23. I can easily conceal the 23, and the Shield is much smaller. Have you explored a few other holsters yet? I'm 6'1 160lb, and Sperlo is small carrying a bigger gun. You ought to be able to hide this thing.

Oh, I could easily fully conceal it if I wanted to carry it in an inside the waistband holster. I just prefer a simple "drop in the pocket" carry. (And lets be honest here, I'd probably need to buy my pants one size up to be comfortable with a waistband holster) The Shield is on the outer edge size-wise for pocket carry, but it works. Come "jacket season", I'll pick up a holster to carry it on the outside of my belt as well.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/16/13 1:35 p.m.
kazoospec wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
kazoospec wrote: Wow, semi-zombie thread. My update: I ended up buying a SW M & P Shield in 9mm for my concealed carry gun. I was fortunate enough to get one at a Gander Mountain grand opening, because most local shops had a waiting list of at least a year. So far, I really like it. Doesn't feel like a toy like most of the .380's I've shot in the past, but much easier to conceal than my Springfield XD compact. Recoil is manageable. It comes with an eight round mag which allows me to get my full hand on the grip and a "short" 7 round mag that leaves my pinky just touching the bottom of the magazine. With the "short" mag, it will pretty easily drop into the pocket of a pair of cargo shorts. The only downside is it is large/heavy enough that it sillouettes itself if you pocket carry it, so its not entirely concealed. A simple universal soft leather holster breaks up the outline pretty well. Accuracy is almost as good as the XD in a smaller, lighter package. Highly recommended if you can find one.
That is a pretty small piece. I've shot it before. Also, remarkably inexpensive for a nice gun. I didn't like it as much as the Glock, so I bought the aforementioned 23. I can easily conceal the 23, and the Shield is much smaller. Have you explored a few other holsters yet? I'm 6'1 160lb, and Sperlo is small carrying a bigger gun. You ought to be able to hide this thing.
Oh, I could easily fully conceal it if I wanted to carry it in an inside the waistband holster. I just prefer a simple "drop in the pocket" carry. (And lets be honest here, I'd probably need to buy my pants one size up to be comfortable with a waistband holster) The Shield is on the outer edge size-wise for pocket carry, but it works. Come "jacket season", I'll pick up a holster to carry it on the outside of my belt as well.

I see - I am not a big fan of the pocket idea, but I get what you're going for. I hope it works out, that's a nice gun.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
7/16/13 6:43 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
kazoospec wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
I see - I am not a big fan of the pocket idea, but I get what you're going for. I hope it works out, that's a nice gun.

I don't typically just drop it in my pocket, I have a soft leather holster I drop it in before pocketing it. Keeps wear down on the gun, no chance of it catching on anything and it does break up the outline a bit.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/16/13 7:07 p.m.

Talk m....my friend out of a glock 22 and into(?) - in the $300-500 range.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
7/16/13 9:01 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Talk m....my friend out of a glock 22 and into(?) - in the $300-500 range.

In that range, maybe this? http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_809559_-1_780153_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Still a 40 (boooooo), smallish (given the tooling set up I'm seeing on mine, I'm guessing the same exterior size as my 9mm), and right in the middle of your price range. If you can find one. . .

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
7/16/13 9:04 p.m.

Your "friend" might as well just get the 22. At least then "they" could get a 9mm conversion barrel if they wanted. Our shop has a couple of them on the shelf right now.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/16/13 9:39 p.m.
kazoospec wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Talk m....my friend out of a glock 22 and into(?) - in the $300-500 range.
In that range, maybe this? http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_809559_-1_780153_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y Still a 40 (boooooo), smallish (given the tooling set up I'm seeing on mine, I'm guessing the same exterior size as my 9mm), and right in the middle of your price range. If you can find one. . .

If someone told me I had tog et one and not a Glock, it would be that one, but a Glock would be first...

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/16/13 9:42 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: I see - I am not a big fan of the pocket idea, but I get what you're going for. I hope it works out, that's a nice gun.

I agree, even with a pocket holster, pocket carry seems more complex & difficult to access if needed than IWB or OWB holsters. I've tried both and realize there are times when pocket carry is better than hoping you can find a sizable rock, but I wouldn't choose pocket carry over other carry options when available.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/16/13 9:46 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I can conceal a full size 1911. Concealability isn't much of a factor for me, unless it's a full size battle rifle. Even then, a raincoat would probably take care of that.

Almost anybody can conceal a full size 1911, it's one of the many benefits of that package.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/16/13 9:52 p.m.

Has S&W stopped allowing you to delete the berkeleying safety?

I loved the m&p I spent a week with last year, it only had the trigger safety like the glocks do. I still love glocks, even if I went on to taste the SIG koolaid

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/16/13 9:59 p.m.

If there is one thing I have learned from my very short time in gun-land, it's that there are a lot of very good guns out there. Get what you like.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
7/16/13 10:01 p.m.

I suppose another option is of course the SIG Pro 2022 I mentioned quite a few posts back. They sell for under $400 new however they only come with a single mag (spares cost $40). The Gen 4 Glocks come with 3 in the box, Gen 3s come with 2.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/16/13 10:24 p.m.
kazoospec wrote:
In that range, maybe this? http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_809559_-1_780153_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y Still a 40 (boooooo), smallish (given the tooling set up I'm seeing on mine, I'm guessing the same exterior size as my 9mm), and right in the middle of your price range. If you can find one. . .

(boooooo) as in why the berkeley is my friend's gun guy trying to push a .40 on him instead of a .45?

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
7/17/13 6:19 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel: Nah, just a joke about the "my caliber is better than yours" discussions a page or two ago. Actually, from what I've heard .40 is one of the few pistol rounds you may have some chance of purchasing right now, but that info is a month or two old. If true, that might be a reason to shop for a .40 right there.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/17/13 9:17 a.m.

Tons of both at my local spot. A friend from Florida was like a kid in a candy store when he came up a few weeks ago.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/16/17 8:49 p.m.

Zombie thread, canoe removed.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
11/16/17 9:00 p.m.

Not so much a concealed carry post but I'm told that Ruger is supposed to come out with both a Blackhawk in 10mm Auto and a Super Redhawk in 10mm MAGNUM.   I may have to get one of each.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rk3YG7om5cxXtUBoBWppniX8Afoa8GAtAnf5Mzny34odzVzl6Ok83ZCJ2j5eYcAd