1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/30/23 11:29 a.m.

As Nicole said, Data managed a remarkably solid month and a half, but now it's time.

A few highlights from the past few weeks:

travellering
travellering HalfDork
3/30/23 11:30 a.m.

My sympathies and condolences.  We adopted(rescued) our neighbor's cat after they left the de-clawed old guy who had lost all but one of his fighting teeth outside in the cold to fend for himself.  He turned out to be the sweetest guy possible, and although we only got a few months with him, he left a hole in our household and hearts that has been hard to avoid these past couple of months.  

It sounds like you guys have done the best you could for Data, and he had a far longer and better life than he would have had without you.  It's never the right time, but if now is better than later for him, then you are making the best choice you can in a sad and trying time.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
3/30/23 2:23 p.m.

Our baby boy is chasing lizards on the other side of the rainbow bridge now. Thanks everyone for your kind words and reassurances. We really appreciate it all.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/30/23 2:23 p.m.

Data's off to a better place. Or, well, a different place. I never had any deep talks with him about cat religion, but hopefully there are plenty of treats wherever he is. Or maybe he was just reincarnated as a future F1 driver. 

Everybody, thank you so much for the home vet suggestion--Data spent his last moments on his favorite spot on the couch rather than at the vet office he hated. It was a bit more expensive ($575 including the cremation) but much, much less stressful for all involved. We figured it's a small price to pay considering all the years he was the bestest boy. 

Data's final gift was to will his toys and treats to Spirit, our friends' dumpster cat from the next town over. 

Hug your pets tonight, and thank you for all of the support these past few weeks. 

P5Racer
P5Racer GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/30/23 3:13 p.m.

My heart goes out to you guys. We lost 2 cats in 7 weeks last year. One had been sick for a well over a year (age 14), the other got sick and had to be put down within 2 weeks of first symptoms (age 9), it's never easy.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/23 7:39 p.m.

10/10 for the home vet!  

Thinking of you both.  

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/30/23 9:20 p.m.

I know how hard this is, and I'm really sorry for your loss.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
3/31/23 9:22 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I'm so sorry, Tom and Nicole. He really seemed like such a special cat.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/23 9:32 a.m.

Very sorry for your loss.

I do like the idea of the home service; its always so traumatic for both the animal and the family. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RuAsQUiWUal9R007Ddpd29ocmL5kktEdY12vFWs9rrQeZ0YbNMTMionRWfJuApOl