1 2 3 4
Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/2/18 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Oh the joys of home ownership. 

My heat pump is 14 years old. I'm waiting on that bomb to drop now. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/18 3:47 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Antihero :

Thanks for the tip on “Through The Roof”. With rain forecast every day this week it seemed like the (hopefully) perfect stop-gap measure. 

As as usual I bought too much material - I used one tube and one tub - but this is the end result. 

From the smell and behavior of this stuff I’m pretty sure it’s basically Shoe Goo/contact cement. 

I climbed up in the attic today & confirmed there is no access into the attic in the addition, so I went above/below/around the leak area & looked of anything questionable at all.

Of course our a/c went out last night, so that cost $350 to fix today. One of the lines had a pinhole & we’d lost all the Freon overnight. 

No problem, i hope it works. You are probably right about the Shoe Goo, shoe goo is also awesome so that makes sense too

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/18 12:33 p.m.

Update: As posted above I covered any questionable areas with Through The Roof. We’ve had a couple heavy rains, including one overnight last night from the SSW that left an inch of water in my recycling bin - with the lid closed! So far no leaks though!

Hopefully it’ll keep working while we save up for a steel roof like we’d hoped, even if I have to reapply or touch it up periodically. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/20/18 12:26 p.m.

Awesome news. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/19 12:06 p.m.

Excelent!!!!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/19 7:20 p.m.

Well since this got bumped up I might as well update it.

The roof leak got worse, so back in February we had a new arichectural shingle roof put on the main part of the house & front/master suite addition. The plan was to have them back this fall to do the rear addition/breezeway/garage, then do the shed & gazebo next spring, but we just had to pay $1800 last week to take down a tree that we were originally told the city would take care of...

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
6/1/21 11:51 a.m.

why, yes, I am curious if roofing supplies can be used in building a canoe!  thanks!

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
KhIquOBOefqyR1w95MhKyXDsDkh3TWEjVSoKO57agh70w9Lp9TDkGChRVrAqyP9E