SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/2/23 7:51 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
2/2/23 8:51 a.m.

We woke up at 7AM and live streamed the large weather-prognosticating rodent.  My kids (5 & 8) are into it.  Mrs. VCH stayed in bed, so she didn't see her shadow, and as far as she is concerned, spring is right around the corner.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/2/23 9:00 a.m.

Specifically, it's my dad's 90th birthday.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/2/23 9:01 a.m.
alfadriver said:

Again?  laugh

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 9:05 a.m.

I've never been one to watch it but I read this morning that he's right 40% of the time. That ranks him right up there with the meteorologists. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
2/2/23 9:09 a.m.

Winter hasn't really started here although it's supposed to be sub zero Friday night into Saturday morning and then right back to the 40's and 50's Sunday.  Even if it's "6 more weeks" it's been pretty easy so far.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 9:10 a.m.

I used to live in Indiana PA which is about 20 miles from Punxy.  People are nuts about that rodent.  The whole field turns into an all-nighter.  It's like a rave, but with Kenny Chesney and lifted trucks and Miller Lite.

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
2/2/23 1:01 p.m.

Isn't it wear your tutu to work day? 

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike HalfDork
2/2/23 1:09 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
2/2/23 1:19 p.m.
alfadriver said:

At the ceremony this morning, one of the fancy-dressed guys on stage asked how many people were present who had a birthday that day.  It seemed like a good 1/4 to 1/3 of the people there were cheering.  

2/2/23 1:35 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
alfadriver said:

At the ceremony this morning, one of the fancy-dressed guys on stage asked how many people were present who had a birthday that day.  It seemed like a good 1/4 to 1/3 of the people there were cheering.  

They were wasted.  Like a case of IC Light and shots of Wild Turkey for 12 hours wasted.  He could have asked how many people were not wearing underwear and 1/3 of them would have cheered.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
2/2/23 2:02 p.m.

I lived in Punxsy for a while and I was actually a DJ at the local radio station. The year before the movie came out,  the crowd at Gobblers Knob was pretty small.  After the movie came out the crowds increased by a lot. Like a ton. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 2:04 p.m.

Wood chucks can climb trees, but they don't often do so. That, and their 40% success rate means that they're just lazy liars.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/2/23 5:54 p.m.

I live 15 minutes from the town it was filmed in, Woodstock, Illinois. That movie is still a big deal in that place.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/23 6:29 p.m.

We watch it every year.  Without fail. Classic.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/23 6:48 p.m.

Ask me tomorrow.

Unless tomorrow is today again.

volvoclearinghouse
2/2/23 7:27 p.m.

2/2/23 8:50 p.m.
2/2/23 9:01 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

I lived in Punxsy for a while and I was actually a DJ at the local radio station. The year before the movie came out,  the crowd at Gobblers Knob was pretty small.  After the movie came out the crowds increased by a lot. Like a ton. 

I started at IUP in 1992 one year before the movie.  I started driving charter and school buses for a local company.  We would just show up on Philly St. at 2am with some off duty school buses and charge $20 a head to take drunks to Gobbler's Knob.  We made a killing.

When we were done we just went back to the wash bay, opened the back door, and pressure washed the vomit out the back.  The kids on the school runs the next morning would ask "what's that smell?"  Hard to come up with a tactful way to tell little Chrissy-Lou that vomit smells that way when it's mostly Zima and disappointment.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
2/2/23 9:40 p.m.

The tenth anniversary of my dear mothers' passing. While she lay in bed at the hospice, with close family by her side, this goofy movie was on the TV looping all day long.......

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
2/2/23 11:47 p.m.

It's my 77th birthday - really!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/23 12:14 a.m.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/3/23 1:33 a.m.

Over. It's over. Cold out. Could do with some spring. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iUs70Pduc7Vo5UxPSSHEb7ZIS2eiYwfKTEZfLKxBsk4mjkVZcofqMMqkg1kibASe