1 2
67LS1
67LS1 New Reader
2/4/21 9:41 a.m.

Show some pics.

Here's mine. It was originally black/black and I repainted it white/red to match the full scale version.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/21 9:43 a.m.

I have a 1:10 RC version of one of my Miatas. It even ended up in one the Japanese magazines.

Don't mind the image quality or size, that's what digital cameras looked like in 1998 or so.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/21 10:05 a.m.

My buddy is a designer for Hot Wheels.  I have a genuine 1996 Impala SS Hot Wheels version that he used my car for the rendering.

... and then I sold the full sized version.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/21 10:12 a.m.

Even the wheels match up!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/21 10:36 a.m.

The Hot Wheels Mariner Blue Miata is pretty damn close to my Miata. I just need to paint the rollbar on the Hot Wheels metallic purple to match my car and add my race numbers to the sides

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/4/21 10:41 a.m.

I have a couple of them. I have a custom T- Jet slot car that is very close to my GT6.

It's actually more green than in this picture...

I have a similar T-Jet version of my green Volvo 1800ES, but that is with the rest of my slot cars at my friend's house.

I also have a Minichamps 1/43 of a Bora Variant that is identical to my Jetta Wagon other than the name. I'm not sure where it's hiding in my attic right now...

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
2/4/21 11:01 a.m.

No pictures, but

1:10 Rc Beetle to match my 1:1 aircooled

had a 1:10 Subaru to match my 99 2.5RS

built an 1980 Mustang model to match my first car, silver with a blue interior, still have this one 30 years later

a mass of scales for my wife's 2000 Focus ZX3.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/21 11:44 a.m.

1/24th scale Joy the Fiat I built last year 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
2/4/21 11:56 a.m.

Sort of. Some of them are difficult to find in the exact body style needed.

I did build a Cougar that looks the way I *wish* mine did...bright purple.

And I built a Lego version of the Probe.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
2/4/21 1:20 p.m.

I've got Tamiya(curbside) and Revell NA Miatas in 1/25 scale; that match my 1:1. Unfortunately, I must hang my head in shame as they are still unbuilt☹. Plus I have the Hot Wheels versions in red and yellow.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/4/21 2:33 p.m.

Got one for my birthday last year!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
2/4/21 3:45 p.m.

Just one of many.

Have a die cast clone of my 65 F100 and a small scale kit I built of my 79 Austin Mini. Auto Art Audi quattro coupe looks almost like my '86 Coupe GT (same color!). I also took apart a Burago Ford Fiesta Mk1 and painted it to look like my long departed favorite car.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/4/21 4:37 p.m.

I have a hot-wheel of the Camaro somewhere, I've been watching for models of each so I can build them to how I 'want' them to be, and I should have enough spare pieces I can engine swap the BMW.

I am not holding my breathe for any kind of model of the Intrepid tho, there exist NASCAR variants of it, but that may be too far from the road going car, there is a snap kit of a Concorde tho, so I could maybe make something work... I do have a Hot Wheel in close to the Aston Martin colour I painted my Intrepid tho, so I have that 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/4/21 4:47 p.m.

Try having the little brother of a famous car. I never ever found a late-'60s Pontiac that wasn't a GTO.

I had models of the Neons but they were NYG instead of white.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/4/21 4:51 p.m.

This is a 1:18 scale Auto Art BMW e28 M535i.  It has a tan interior and my real car has a black interior, but otherwise it's the same.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
2/4/21 4:54 p.m.

I have a few 1:1 scale models of my cars. Some of them even run and drive. I drive boring cars so hard to find mini models of them. Need to sell some boring cars and buy a fun one.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/4/21 4:55 p.m.
ddavidv said:

Just one of many.

Have a die cast clone of my 65 F100 and a small scale kit I built of my 79 Austin Mini. Auto Art Audi quattro coupe looks almost like my '86 Coupe GT (same color!). I also took apart a Burago Ford Fiesta Mk1 and painted it to look like my long departed favorite car.

I need to find a good plain jane F150 I can modify for my truck

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/4/21 5:06 p.m.
Duke said:

Try having the little brother of a famous car. I never ever found a late-'60s Pontiac that wasn't a GTO.

As a lifelong full size Pontiac fan, I've collected a number of AMT 1:25 scale models of Catalinas and Bonnevilles - the oldest is 1960, the newest is 1968.  I also have a 1972 Firebird Formula promo car.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/4/21 5:15 p.m.

Current car, no.  A small scale version of my previous Miata sits on the windowsill in my office.

Keith Tanner
2/4/21 5:18 p.m.

I kinda went the other way. I built this model and it put me over the edge to build a full size version.

I also have a model of my Mini, forgot about that. And I have plastic kits of the Westfalia and the Cadillac waiting for me to build.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/4/21 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I don't want to jinx it - there is still uncertainty around the deal - but I'm doing something very similar.

Edit: is that the Tamiya 1/12? It looks very nice.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
2/4/21 5:37 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
ddavidv said:

Just one of many.

I need to find a good plain jane F150 I can modify for my truck

Shortbed or longbed

Of course, you'll have to do some customizing to get a 300ci in there, all the AMT kits have the V8. Maybe take the 240 six out of an old F100 and whip up a fuel injection manifold for it.

Mr_Asa
2/4/21 5:38 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Shortbed, but I'd have to cut off that hideous body kit.  The Lightning model ddavidv has is probably closer already.  I would need modern Lightning wheels as well

Keith Tanner
2/4/21 5:44 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

I don't want to jinx it - there is still uncertainty around the deal - but I'm doing something very similar.

Edit: is that the Tamiya 1/12? It looks very nice.

It is. Kit 10202, a beautiful piece of work. Actually quite useful if you're looking to see how Sevens are built. 

Mr_Asa
2/4/21 5:47 p.m.

Damn.  That is a gorgeous kit.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VLEZsgXmcIbOuPbByW9TfCgcvTagL0nGdtQEJ8cpazH49u6jSV9LQW2gMzxOrGS4