1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/28/19 11:41 a.m.

So, I was just attaching a new felt gasket to my dryer drum, and the adhesive furnished with the new part is pretty good stuff.  It comes out of the tube runny and brown, and within a minute or so gets super tacky.  I ruined a good t-shirt by leaning over into it (way to go, Genius!) and I have a bit of it on my finger that will surely be there until next month unless I find some super solvent to remove it.

It got me to thinking:

A) Don't get it on your hootus.

B) We need, I mean REALLY NEED, a thread that lists all the things you ought not to get on your hootus.  You know, kind of a pubic service. devil

So...

This stuff:

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/28/19 11:45 a.m.

Por15

Crazy chicks 

Fire

Gasoline 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
8/28/19 11:49 a.m.

I used to run this mixed with Turbo Blue in my drag bike.

One run, the gas cap wasn't latched and the venturi effect pulled the mixture out of the tank, soaking my jeans and everything inside them from the inside of the knees up. I thought I was on fire.

This will remove your skin. I could only wear loose fitting sweats for over 2 weeks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/19 11:56 a.m.

I'm going to list things you should get on your hootus:

1. Human skin

2. A thin layer of latex

3. Personal lubrication products approved for external use

4. Soft fabrics

Everything else goes on the "DO NOT WANT" list.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/19 11:56 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Por15

Amy

Fire

Gasoline 

FTFY

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/19 12:06 p.m.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork

The one that originated the meme, Herculiner.

Dusterbd13-michael

Forgot one

ICY HOT

that was a reallybad night for both of us....

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/28/19 12:12 p.m.

i'll never forget that cross country race in the middle of winter in Seoul where a buddy suggested Begay/icyhot stuff to get your thighs loosened up.  It was a wet 13 degrees and i had on mid 80's style running shorts...........

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/28/19 12:14 p.m.

Nair

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/28/19 12:55 p.m.

I have POR15 on my hands right now..... MEK takes it off if its not cured tho. But MEK on my hootus does not sound lovely.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
8/28/19 1:01 p.m.

Easily the most painful thing I've ever gotten on my skin or had dripped down my ass crack. I'd hope the plane runs me over before getting it on my hootus.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/28/19 1:01 p.m.

Expanding foam, of course.

Superglue would probably be bad.

JB Weld might cause problems.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/28/19 1:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Crazy chicks 

I have news for you.

That's the first thing you want on there, but I can tell you from personal experience to stay away from this

Rodan
Rodan Dork
8/28/19 1:14 p.m.

Any kind of expanding construction foam.

Anti-seize.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/28/19 1:17 p.m.

The other week, I had to butcher a cactus at work. The juice got into my gloves, and hours later, I wiped my sweaty eyes with the gloves. It was a sensation that is said to be similar to mace. Can't imagine that goes well on the ol hootus.

Also, flies.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/19 1:17 p.m.
RevRico said:

Nair

You have a hairy hootus?  What are you, a bottle brush?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/28/19 1:34 p.m.

Seems like a better thread would be one where we list all the things that are ok to get on your hootus. That list is shorter.

RevRico
8/28/19 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

All the hair that used to be on my head moved south. If I live to 60, I expect my feet will be furry too. 

Family picture for reference. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
8/28/19 2:08 p.m.

I try to keep power tools and welding equipment well away from the hootal area thank you very much.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
8/28/19 2:15 p.m.

+1 for gasoline. I can still feel it burning if I close my eyes. Shower didn't help.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/28/19 2:19 p.m.

We used to grow some habs in the backyard and I was making chili with them once.  After cutting up everything, including the peppers, I had to go to the bathroom and that all turned out okay.  As I was washing my hands afterwards, though, it started to hit me like a blowtorch.  This was before kids, so I ran from the kitchen upstairs to the master bath throwing my clothes off and screaming the whole way for my wife to get the rubbing alcohol and to meet me in the bathroom.  It took her a full hour to stop laughing, but I always wash my hands before going to the bathroom now.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/28/19 2:44 p.m.

I had second degree burns on my hootus once. Dont reccomend. Combine gas, welding, and liquor, shake vigorously. 

I also had a frozen paintball shot into the gonads.

In hindsight, its amazing i was able to procreate......

RevRico
8/28/19 2:46 p.m.
wae said:

We used to grow some habs in the backyard and I was making chili with them once.  After cutting up everything, including the peppers, I had to go to the bathroom and that all turned out okay.  As I was washing my hands afterwards, though, it started to hit me like a blowtorch.  This was before kids, so I ran from the kitchen upstairs to the master bath throwing my clothes off and screaming the whole way for my wife to get the rubbing alcohol and to meet me in the bathroom.  It took her a full hour to stop laughing, but I always wash my hands before going to the bathroom now.

Even if you wear gloves, wash first. It's amazing what capsaicin can do even through latex. I will also add ginger and garlic to the hot peppers. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/19 2:51 p.m.
wae said:

There's a saying that's relevant here: "A good scientist washes their hands both before AND after going to the bathroom." Works for any science involving chemicals or biological materials.

IIRC the original "don't get it on your hootus" thread started when the guy didn't wash his hands before going to the bathroom, after painting with Herculiner.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bg2WIQhh2gU71uCJnOG5RWcWwOuoyN6u8Rgdnscq4NGHgURzcuJmArJlqImGHf8V