1 2
Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/1/21 4:44 p.m.

In reply to Derick Freese :

I appreciate the feedback. I am looking to save some mowing time so might be a good option. 

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
6/1/21 5:35 p.m.

My vote is for a used walk behind. I bought a used snapper pro 5 years ago for 800$, and haven't had a single issue. My yard is too steep for the zero turn, and I'm also too cheap to spend 5k for something I can do for 800 in the same amount of time. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/21 5:56 p.m.

I've got an older Toro 42" Z-master, which was the lower end of the Commercial grade at the time. I bought it off a guy who bought a bunch of equipment to put his son into a lawn business. Two months in the Son bailed and Dad sold all the gear. I paid less than half of a new one and it has been awesome.  Don't be afraid to look used. Get it checked out at your local service center to be sure. I added a hitch to mine which os great for moving trailers around the yard.

Not commercial grade but near you and 42"

FB link

Cub Cadet 60" with grass catcher

octavious
octavious Dork
1/22/22 10:28 a.m.

Thanks canoe. 

But since I never updated it. I ended up with the Scag Liberty Z 48". Last year when I looked I was set on the 52" but when I went to buy the one I saw it was sold. They didn't know when/if they'd get another 52" in. Their other store in town had a 48". I went over there, found the 48" was a good chunk cheaper than the 52", and figured in reality it might mean one extra strip in the yard. I told the dude I'd take it, went to pay, and found out Scag was running a discount for my career field. Sweet!  

I used to the rest of last season and it's fantastic. I can edge and cut the grass in less than 45 mins. I actually enjoy cutting the grass now. It's probably still overkill for my little yard, but I love it. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/18/22 9:33 p.m.

I still have our 2008 Dixie but had to replace the old kohler courage 23hp. Bought a 25hp Briggs crate. Came ready to roll. Bolted in, plugged up and was ready to go. The only extra was a new exhaust, but the old 14 year old exhaust was done anyway. 

out with the old 

in with the new. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/22 12:04 p.m.

Do we have a name for Canoes that offer good information? I think there should be one.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MT0pQ8pv5xF1vNqX6moHE5EiuhGh5uEIpJFPX3WJOZZyX6yssQmDn0s7bMZOMtvw