Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
7/6/08 12:45 p.m.

F1 race is on fox right now, 20 laps in. raikkonen and hamilton just took their first stops

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
7/6/08 1:34 p.m.

Thanks. It's been a great race so far.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
7/6/08 1:35 p.m.

Wet weather races are so much more entertaining than dry

maroon92
maroon92 Dork
7/6/08 1:39 p.m.

Wet races are awesome, Monaco was great, the British race is a great one.

(fingers crossed for a Lewis crash)

maroon92
maroon92 Dork
7/6/08 1:39 p.m.

Wet races are awesome, Monaco was great, the British race is a great one too.

(fingers crossed for a Lewis crash)

geomiata
geomiata New Reader
7/6/08 4:48 p.m.

yay lewis won.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
7/6/08 4:54 p.m.

was shaping up to be an interesting finish until barrichelo pitted again to go back to intermediate tires, he was blasting through the field and probably could have held on for second or made a play for first if it had started raining again.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
7/6/08 5:40 p.m.

I had to miss today's race so I could SSS an autoX; does nayone know when Speed will replay it?

BTW, thanks for telling me know the winner before I got to watch it..;)

iceracer
iceracer New Reader
7/6/08 6:40 p.m.

Hamilton lapped up to second place. Poor Massa, he had a terrible day.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
7/6/08 9:05 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: was shaping up to be an interesting finish until barrichelo pitted again to go back to intermediate tires, he was blasting through the field and probably could have held on for second or made a play for first if it had started raining again.

I didn't understand why they just didn't put another set of "full wets" on. He was still running faster laps than Hamilton.

Also Ferrari had some of the dumbest pit strategy regarding tires that I have ever seen.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture New Reader
7/6/08 9:18 p.m.

I am pretty sure Ferrari now is obligated to give all Kimi fans a car after forcing us to watch the tire strategy (what strategy?) ruin Kimi's chances. He was lapping faster then Hamilton and within a second of him (from 5 seconds back!) why go with a gimmick like that?!? I dont get it. Arent these guys professionals?

triumph7
triumph7 New Reader
7/7/08 12:27 a.m.
iceracer wrote: Poor Massa, he had a terrible day.

I'm actually a little worried about Massa. He's been touted as the "series hottest driver", sets fast time until his accident (did anybody see oil flags in the replay?). Poor kid barely made it out of Q2 and looked terrible in the race. Did he get his bell rung?

Luke
Luke HalfDork
7/7/08 3:32 a.m.

I was rooting for Webber at Silverstone, so it was a damn shame to see him spin on the first lap. Still, he drove well to finish 10th.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
7/7/08 3:53 a.m.

barrichelo had to pit a third time because they didn't put in any fuel on #2 because of a malfunction, that is why he was lapping so much faster, he was on full wets, and very light.

Hamilton won the race easily, and didn't need the full wets.

massa had a terrible race, but at least he finished, but i feel for Coulthard because that was his last race ever at his home track, and he was wiped out very early.

kimi was ripped off by Ferrari they should have changed the tires early.

i really hope hamilton wins this year, he deserves it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4mW3iPlTDFnJekFj9EffAd7PIOdBmvfd1JVx3q2m0VjcN0RU1ymLv1PbQCPy8pvJ