Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 11:09 a.m.

Last call for any more victims 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/24/22 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

You need my email address too?

geo    dot    "ell"   dot  rooney at Gmail you know the rest.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 10:32 p.m.

Everyone should have gotten an email with their victim. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/24/22 11:51 p.m.

Yup, I got my "victim".

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/25/22 7:48 a.m.

I got Wally.

Pray for me.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/22 1:01 p.m.

Shots fired!!

I sent a really good one. It's way easier to stalk model build victims than NYG ones!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/25/22 4:42 p.m.

Saron's kit is in the post.

Claff
Claff HalfDork
1/25/22 5:57 p.m.

Boxed up and going in the mail tomorrow.

1/26/22 8:21 p.m.

Javelin, I put some special rims and tires in yours for Hooptie points.

Javelin
1/26/22 8:53 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

Javelin, I put some special rims and tires in yours for Hooptie points.

Oh man, now I'm excited! The last thing you sent me ended up turning into the 4-rotor RX-7!

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/26/22 10:58 p.m.

Wally should get his middle of next week, according to Ebay.  I had nothing in my limited stash to part with.

It was literally the weirdest, oddest thing I could find for under $25. devil

My bid was the only one.

Javelin
1/26/22 11:24 p.m.
ddavidv said:

Wally should get his middle of next week, according to Ebay.  I had nothing in my limited stash to part with.

It was literally the weirdest, oddest thing I could find for under $25. devil

My bid was the only one.

Okay this is shaping up to be the best model contest ever!!

Saron81
Saron81 Dork
1/27/22 3:11 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/27/22 6:20 p.m.

My kit challenge arrived today.

I opened the box and truly LOL'd.

So, a story. 

I just watched a "Car SOS" episode where they restored a GT6. I've always kind of liked the GT6 and remembered I had a Lindberg kit many decades ago. The box art looked like this:

I remember pulling it out several times, opening it up, fitting the body pieces together (more on that in a moment) and then putting it away again. This kit debuted in 1969 and was originally made by Pyro. Steve Magnante just did a video about Pyro you can watch here.  In the video he shows in detail how Pyro and others made car kits with bodies that were multi-piece.  This kit is one of them, and the reason why I never built the one I had and eventually sold it. But, the recent Car Sosage episode reminded me of it and I kind of wished I still had it.

And then the last reissue of the old Pyro turd shows up in my  mailbox today! laugh You just can't make this stuff up.

Javelin
1/27/22 7:21 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

That's so awesome!!!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/28/22 12:29 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

I have a friend (and GRM advertiser) who has two of these built in his shop display case. One in red, and one as a Group 44 racer. It is buildable, both of Ray's look pretty good.

Saron81
Saron81 Dork
1/28/22 5:03 p.m.

Got my kit today as well! 

Story time here too...

I actually had this kit as a teen when it was initially released in 1994. It has a fiddly frame that I couldn't get right then. One of the few models I frustratingly gave up on. I was so disappointed because it had so much potential to be a cool kit! I can't wait to see what I can do with it now! I've often thought about buying it again... just never have for some reason. I'm super excited! Thank you!!

This is turning out so cool Wally!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/28/22 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

Glad you like it. I chose to send it because the box is so large it takes up two kits' place on my shelf, and I know I would not get to building it.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/28/22 8:23 p.m.

I got my kit today. I have ideasdevil

Saron81
Saron81 Dork
1/28/22 9:37 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

That's a sweet kit too.... even though the tooling dates back a loooooong time. It fits together well, even with its opening trunk, and can really make a cool custom! 

I couldn't help myself:

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/29/22 8:24 a.m.

Why few Pyro kits ever get completed.

Luckily, the fit isn't horrible. The bonnet/wings look like they will fit pretty well. The sides to the roof are a little sketchier. No way this could be done with Testors tube glue.

Javelin
1/29/22 5:51 p.m.

It arrived!!

Hmmm. Lowrider is cool. Crusher Impala clone might be cooler. Decisions.

1/30/22 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

Arrived yesterday. Challenge accepted. No pics yet. I was concerned after seeing it was a Salvinos JR nascar model, but relaxed when I realized it was one of the updated Monogram kits from the 80s. The last Salvinos kit I did was not so much fun. I'm watching some HPIguy videos to get a headstart on simplifying the paint. Should be fun.

Javelin, you're not required to use those wheels. I just thought it might make things more interesting. They're Camaro wheels. Have fun.

How long do we have for this?

Edit for pics. Body in white primer. Engine block painted. I need some Tamiya flat black in a rattle can. So much flat black. Oh yeah, and gloss black for the back third of the car.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/30/22 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Lowrider.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
1/31/22 12:54 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

I am pretty sure the built ones I have seen were done with Testors glue. Another history note for all, and why the Triumph is probably the most accurate kit Pyro ever did.....The Pyro company was directly across the street from the east coast Triumph distributor, Genser-Forman inc.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yZ2HkZcJUUS7deU4SzALrc5AQN1F4ThO3iwrAxBGnnjs08kc9JGGyM8sJojyB7eL