1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
3/26/19 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Tell me about it. almost 4 weeks into 20g carbs/day. Losing weight at a fantastic rate but I can't eat any of my favorite stuff. Pizza is right out.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/19 11:53 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Pizza meatloaf

No crust pizza

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/19 6:59 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

It gets worse though.  I did the math and apparently, aside from a small handful of high sodium events, my normal diet already is in the 1800-2200mg range.  I don't eat many processed foods, I don't eat canned anything.  No snack chips and such.  No lunchmeat.

I don't want to be on blood peessure meds.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
3/27/19 3:57 p.m.

One of our toilets couldn't be used so everyone had to use the "downstairs bathroom" because the other upstairs one is reserved for the missus.  

First world? Heck yeah! We have three toilets! (and a big family)

RevRico
3/27/19 5:06 p.m.

Xbox updated their UI. Now, instead of long pressing the Xbox button, pushing right on the joystick, and A to shut off my controller, that takes me to the "report a problem" screen. Trying to break a 5 year old habit is really hard.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/27/19 5:09 p.m.
Greg Smith said:

One of our toilets couldn't be used so everyone had to use the "downstairs bathroom" because the other upstairs one is reserved for the missus.  

If I clean our 3 bathrooms before a party I make my family go to Speedway gas station when they gotta go.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/28/19 7:41 p.m.

There were originally only going to be about 1,000 new Ford GTs built when the company unveiled the newest generation back in 2016. But there were many, many more customers willing to pay the $500,000 price than there were supply. So you had to apply if you wanted one. This is what Ford sends you when you get rejected.

A reader sent us his dad’s rejection letter, which is very curt and sad.

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm for the Ford GT.

Unfortunately, the demand has surpassed our very limited production, and we will not be able to fulfill your request.

Thank you again for sharing your passion for Ford and the Ford GT.

Regards,

The Ford GT Team

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/18/19 11:40 p.m.

Today I got home in my street Miata (black) and was disgusted by how yellow it was from all the pollen.  So I washed it.

Then I felt bad for the Suburban, so I washed it.

Tha Passat needed some love since the teenager has been neglecting it, so washing another one.

Then I realized I should actually clean off the STR Miata (also black).

The plan is to start DDing the STR Miata and sell the street one so I changed wheels on them both.

I’m wiped out from cleaning and maintaining my fleet of cars.......and the Jag didn’t even get any attention.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/19/19 7:28 a.m.

My mortgage company screwed up my escrow. 

My payment now increases $400/month for the next 12 months to catch up. Which means basically all of the extra money I was going to use to pay off other debt the rest of the year, now I can't. 

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
4/19/19 8:40 a.m.

I want to buy a new "all road" bicycle with disc brakes for reasons.  Without a low budget to constrain choice, there are so many options that I am finding it very difficult to narrow the field of possible purchases.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/21/19 10:37 a.m.

I installed LED lighting in the garage.  It lights it up wonderfully, but now highlights how dirty the garage is.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/21/19 11:53 a.m.

I was asked to be an instructor at a HPDE this weekend, but we're leaving to go to the Dominican Republic on holiday, so no track time for me!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/29/19 2:37 p.m.

I bought the WRX a bit over a year ago, with the idea I could take it on some road trips (including a big one out west), and have a little fun on the curvy roads (and onramps) near my house.  Also, it was a bribe to keep myself in the IT world. Since then:

1. One of my cats has gotten bad enough medical problems that its hard for me to be gone for more than a day at a time.  Because of this, I've been on one overnight road trip.
  2. Traffic in my area has increased considerably in the last year.  There aren't a bunch of new homes right by me, but I think the areas nearby have been building a lot of new houses, and there is more tourist traffic.  Much less fun time on the road.
  3. My job situation has become less secure.  The car payment isn't bad, but still, if it's looking like I may not be working, or if I'm going to be commuting long distances at a new job, this car is not the right car for the situation.

Could go in the rants thread, but seems fitting to be in first world problems, as my "worst-case" scenario is selling a 268 HP sport sedan and paying cash for something more practical in the $8-10K range

Knurled.
8/29/19 5:01 p.m.

Finally found the refrigerant leak in my Volvo.  It's not the compressor, it's not the evaporator, it's not a line anywhere.  It's the condenser.

One can get a new condenser for $80-160.  But the high side port is built into the unit, and none of the aftermarket ones have the correct thread to take the special fancy Volvo cap, and a Volvo condenser is $500.  I can't justify saving money when the generic cap will scream "Cheapskate!" every time I open the hood.

And if the aux intercooler has to come off to get the condenser out, I'm going to want to put a new one of those in too, since all the fins are flattened over.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
8/30/19 8:00 a.m.

I can't get a decent ABS print out of my 3d printer lately, and PLA isn't the right material for some of the things I want to make.  For example, I need new prop guards for my drone, and want to use my own design.

Is that first-world enough for this discussion?

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/19 6:18 p.m.

This part of the year is apparently Techtober now.

Everything I want isn't for sale.

I'd like Amazon Echo Frames (invite only,) and one each of a Surface Duo (holiday 2020) and Surface Neo (holiday 2020.)

Sure, they'll sell me an iPhone 11 all day long, but the innovative stuff that used to be all exciting? Nah, not for sale.

RevRico
10/7/19 10:30 a.m.

I started trying to watch Curse of Oak Island, and I think I've finally figured out what I hate about these types of shows so much. Now, I am admittedly and Ancient Aliens fan, but I've had issues trying to binge watch it. Now I've figured out what my issue is. 

There's only 15 minutes of progress in any given episode. The other 27 minutes is recap. Even without the commercial breaks, the post commercial recap is still there. The first 5 minutes of every episode is a recap of the last, which is just recapping the recap at this point. 

I would really like this as say a 2 hour special, but as 30 43 minute episodes where they just repeat themselves for 25 minutes, I really have to wonder how they maintain ratings. Are people really this stupid and inattentive? Or are they like me where they just turn the TV on for background noise, so maybe they need to be told the same thing a dozen times in a row?

Ancient Aliens is the same way, there's only like 3 actual episodes, everything else is going back to the same place, and telling the same myth, just with a mildly different context. 

I mean, it's slightly better than a Survivor or Dancing with the Stars, but it's still pretty berkeleying droll. 

I remember why I quit cable now, that's for sure. 

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
10/7/19 11:28 a.m.
RevRico said:

Are people really this stupid and inattentive?

Yes. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/7/19 11:37 a.m.

i gained weight.. so I bought new pants.

a few years later..

Now I'm losing that weight..  and I need to buy new pants.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/19 6:43 p.m.

Nice uh... "evening wear" for guys seems to be really berking expensive boxers. Three pairs cost as much as five new complete outfits for the misses, and you know how pricey that stuff can be.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/19 6:50 p.m.

No vice grips :-(

Knurled.
12/16/19 7:03 p.m.
RevRico said:

I started trying to watch Curse of Oak Island, and I think I've finally figured out what I hate about these types of shows so much. Now, I am admittedly and Ancient Aliens fan, but I've had issues trying to binge watch it. Now I've figured out what my issue is. 

There's only 15 minutes of progress in any given episode. The other 27 minutes is recap. Even without the commercial breaks, the post commercial recap is still there. The first 5 minutes of every episode is a recap of the last, which is just recapping the recap at this point. 

I would really like this as say a 2 hour special, but as 30 43 minute episodes where they just repeat themselves for 25 minutes, I really have to wonder how they maintain ratings. Are people really this stupid and inattentive? Or are they like me where they just turn the TV on for background noise, so maybe they need to be told the same thing a dozen times in a row?

Ancient Aliens is the same way, there's only like 3 actual episodes, everything else is going back to the same place, and telling the same myth, just with a mildly different context. 

I mean, it's slightly better than a Survivor or Dancing with the Stars, but it's still pretty berkeleying droll. 

I remember why I quit cable now, that's for sure. 

Initial D's first season is 26 episodes long, of 24 minutes' length each.

There were recently redone in movie form, with new animation and different voice actors, but the same story and plot and action.  Three one hour long movies, including credits.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/17/19 7:06 a.m.
RevRico said:

That's what I hate about pretty much all TV, especially anything purporting to be a documentary type show.  I think it's just laziness and cheapness by the studio's.  They only have to pay for 15 mins content every half an hour. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/17/19 8:18 a.m.

My dads first world, GRM problem: 

He has the budget for a brand new car, but the car that he wants doesn't exist. FWIW, he wants a brand new BMW 2002 with a good automatic; for some reason the 2-series doesn't scratch the itch quite right. He's test driving a Veloster and a GTI soon.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/17/19 8:31 a.m.

My wifi sometimes cuts out. it works, then doesn't, and nothing reconnects automatically. I think it's the router. AT&T wants to send a tech, and I said no, because the last time the guy gave some bunk about where the router was located, and moved it and made a mess. It has good signal strength, but just stops occasionally. I want to use my own router with their combo router/modem thing. They told me that they would send me instructions on how to set it up that way.

They didn't.

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4NHBVKLUPODJLk7PQ36VKMoGXnPuBsk0GLEsxWujgtGVJ6XonWWtBDGHzwd9bvol