1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33
drainoil
drainoil Dork
4/3/20 4:51 p.m.

My vcr doesn’t have tracking adjustment

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/20 5:01 p.m.

There is a Limpkin that decided to look for a mate on the lake right behind my house. Apparently he looks from 11 pm to around 5:30 am. I havent been able to sleep for the last 4 days. 

If you never heard a limpkin, try this:

https://youtu.be/vKUYQyspfbA

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/3/20 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

Limpkins are my favorite shore birds. 

My first world prob:  today i got frustrated with how full my pantry was. I had to pull all the extra stuff out and filled 2 storage totes. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/3/20 6:43 p.m.

Supporting a local parts store meant I ended up with Boy-Racer-Red sway bar bushings instead of the black ones I wanted.  I didn't even need the +10HP they give you.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/19/20 7:23 p.m.

I ordered new golf grips today, from an outfit in Ohio. I paid for standard shipping, which says 3-7 business days. FedEx tracker was saying scheduled delivery for tomorrow, on a Saturday, which would have been about 0.5 business days. It was just rescheduled for Sunday. Still 0.5 business days.

I was all set for tomorrow, had the old grips taken off the clubs, workshop is set up and everything. 

First world problem on so many levels here.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
6/23/20 2:25 p.m.

I have casually been watching the Regal TourX market in preparation for buying a newer vehicle at the end of this year or early next. I checked for the first time in ~a week and found a "new" (dealer shuttle) 3k mile 2018 for under $20k, could have pulled the trigger on it today. After contacting the dealership and getting an email back in minutes, the car sold this afternoon. *sigh*. Back to the plan, waiting a few more months.

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/23/20 2:39 p.m.

Calibrated tape measures a thing, and are entirely too expensive.  

7/13/20 5:28 p.m.

The closed captions on the F1 Styrian Grand Prix were blocking the times for the top three drivers, and the normal way to turn them off with the remote wasn't working.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/14/20 5:07 p.m.

Finally upgraded to the newest version of Cura. From 2.6 to 4.6. Still need to double the estimated print time.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/14/20 9:08 p.m.

Drive down to Rock Island park in Tennessee today after work.  Staying the night in a very nice cabin and currently enjoying a bourbon on the couch while waiting for a friend to arrive with Salmon to cook for dinner.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/1/20 5:56 a.m.

I finally won a legitimate internet contest. Shipping cost from the UK negated the 10% discount I won.

drainoil said:

My vcr doesn’t have tracking adjustment

Mods, please move to Third World Blessings

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/1/20 7:32 a.m.

Got a donut this morning at work and had a 50/50 chance of being Boston or Holland cream.  I wanted Holland cream and that's what I got.

9/1/20 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Placemotorsports :

Schrodinger's donut?

Placemotorsports said:

Got a donut this morning at work and had a 50/50 chance of being Boston or Holland cream.  I wanted Holland cream and that's what I got.

today i am grateful for Placemotorsports being one of those people who improve my odds of getting a Boston.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/22/20 2:25 p.m.

Through a combination of responsibility and luck, I have reached that point in my life where I am on track to retire in ten years, and I have some money for fun stuff.  I want to retire now, but do not have anywhere near enough for that, unless my wife decides she want to fund me goofing off for a long time.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/6/21 9:41 p.m.

I let the neighbour kids use my barn for the week between Christmas and New Years and they repaid me by giving me a nice selection of mixed beers. Half of which are IPA’s sad

The company I work for gave us all gift cards at Christmas for multiple chain restaurants. I hate chain restaurants and my wife wants to go this weekend to the one I hate the most. 

Why does my life have to be so miserable?

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/21 4:51 p.m.
Peabody said:

I let the neighbour kids use my barn for the week between Christmas and New Years and they repaid me by giving me a nice selection of mixed beers. Half of which are IPA’s sad

The company I work for gave us all gift cards at Christmas for multiple chain restaurants. I hate chain restaurants and my wife wants to go this weekend to the one I hate the most. 

Why does my life have to be so miserable?

Peabody, you got this!  Have a couple of the mixed beers before you go to the chain restaurant.  Two problems solved in one evening.

Enjoy!

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/14/21 11:30 p.m.

Had to revive this one as I’ve been torturing myself all weekend. 

My dream bike came up for sale on Kijiji Friday at a very fair price. I’d not contacted him as I’m working nights all weekend with no chance of going to see it. I fully expected  it to be long gone but it wasn’t this evening so I called. It not only sounds legit, but it looks like I’ll be able to buy it, sell the bike I’m not crazy about and only be about $500 out of pocket. 

And I’m sitting here at work thinking what a pain it’s going to be to make it happen. I used to be the guy that made E36 M3 happen. Now  I’m turning into the guy who makes excuses. 

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/15/21 4:43 a.m.

I want to install a bigger downpipe on the Genesis Coupe but there is both too much space to make everything fit and too many perfectly logical ways to make the pipe. I feel paralyzed by choices. 

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/15/21 9:53 a.m.

Saturday I unloaded a project car from my car trailer. I bought the car on March 7th, of LAST year.

Not my first world problem, but a buddy's. 

His Dad recently died, leaving him his one owner 66 Stingray 427 4bbl, auto. Buddy bugged out to Canada with his now common law wife as the pandemic started.  Things are a bit weird with his family. He doesn't have a place to store this beautifully restored car. Climate controlled storage is more than he can swing. That car has to be approaching $100K

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
3/18/21 9:09 a.m.

I had to build a little fire in the shop to take the chill off this morning. After over a year the cabin is finished and the shop is empty of all the house stuff and actually "my" shop now. Woo Hoo!

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/18/21 1:23 p.m.

In reply to NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) :

Shop dog approved!   That looks awesome BTW.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/21 1:33 p.m.

I'm grumpy at the cost of two tires that I need to track my Porsche this season.

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NOwN9HkJ6fOq12P3yyKFjL9wVJDd1pv7pRDVgpQlNJcdEpOqrucc0YQMGUvzL1fu