1 ... 29 30 31 32 33
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/5/22 11:13 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I guess you just need one of these:  HF Tool Cart.

Zingah
Zingah New Reader
12/5/22 12:08 p.m.
ShawnG said:

I have too many motorcycles and not enough garage.

I can relate to this one. I actually had buy a cheap, crappy shed to handle the overflow. Thinking about something more permanent and sturdy. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
12/7/22 8:21 a.m.

I suppose this goes here, but who knows.

It's winter and motorsports are kind of on a back burner in a lot of areas so the local indoor karting place decided to run an 8 week league series.  Last night was the orientation and meet-n-greet for everyone.  All normal stuff.

Weird thing happened on my way in however.  It's on an entirely new road (that I'd never been on before), arrived in the dark and the road is very rough with a 15 mph speed limit.  Because of all that I was driving quite slowly until I got to the parking lot.  As I pull into a spot a E36 M3box old Saturn Vue pulls in behind me and some dude in jeans and a t-shirt jumps out and says that he's a security guard, he thinks I've been drinking, and that he's called the police to come investigate my "suspicious behavior".

Thinking quickly (also stone sober and in full compliance with all laws and regulations of the land) I told him to go berkeley himself and walked into the building.  Didn't hear any more about it, but jeeze what a weird encounter.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/7/22 8:28 a.m.

I am out of coffee, and it's amazing, so I don't buy replacement coffee, I just wait. I was super tired today after only sleeping 5+ hours and waking up feeling headache-y and sweaty after a migraine last night due to a few minutes in close proximity to a smoker.

I stop at a nice coffee shop to grab something to help tired/migraine: "I'd like a flat white with an extra shot of espresso"................"What is a flat white?"

I just had her do a cappuccino with less milk. Close enough.

We traveled last month and went to a rando coffee shop and I almost canceled my order (double espresso) when the lady kept saying expresso.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/22 8:34 a.m.

If you think about it every automotive related problem discussed here is a 1st World problem.    Miata isn't the answer in Zimbabwe.  

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/7/22 8:55 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

LOL Tuna, we rarely agree, but I totally get where you're coming from.  Most importantly I got a good chuckle out of your post.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/7/22 12:10 p.m.

Dropping my car off in two weeks to get all the goodies done is turning into a minor PITA, and I do mean minor. All 4 wheels won't fit in the BRZ, so I have to take the Mazda up the day before to drop off the wheels. Then the following day, take the BRZ up and drop it and since the better half is leading meetings all morning I'll have to hope I can find an Uber at 9am in the 'burbs to a different 'burb. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/7/22 12:30 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

It is if the question is "what's the fastest way out of Zimbabwe?"

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/22 1:02 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

If you want to really confuse the barista, just ask for a large cup of coffee. After 3 attempts at "What kind?" I said black, 3 cream, 4 sugar. She looked at me like I was an alien. I haven't been in a Starbux since. Their actual coffee is surprisingly nasty. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/7/22 1:34 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to tuna55 :

If you want to really confuse the barista, just ask for a large cup of coffee. After 3 attempts at "What kind?" I said black, 3 cream, 4 sugar. She looked at me like I was an alien. I haven't been in a Starbux since. Their actual coffee is surprisingly nasty. 

I believe that Starbucks over roasts everything since there is so little coffee in some of their drinks to get the flavor to come through. 

FWP today is I had to pay 85$ in shipping to get special bolts from Germany in a special thread cut. I cannot make them on the lathe don't have the gears to do it. 30$ in bolts 85$ in shipping. Then they did not put them in the mail fast enough so they get here next week. Boooo. 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/7/22 3:17 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to jharry3 :

It is if the question is "what's the fastest way out of Zimbabwe?"

Are you sure?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/7/22 3:35 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to tuna55 :

That's my go-to. Large black coffee, no room for cream. Thanks!

Usually they are happy to have such an easy order.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/8/22 12:52 p.m.

I promise I don't buy coffee this often typically, but I ended up at a *$ sadly this morning to meet someone to talk. I tried to order a cortado, but they did not know what that was. I ordered, after explaining, three shots of espresso and three shots of steamed milk, which is basically the same thing, and it was only $3.50. Nice price.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/9/22 10:02 a.m.

My cars keyless entry worked fine this morning, push button start did not. How does the key fob battery completely die in under 10 seconds?

Also, apparently there isn't a way to lock the vehicle without using the key fob or button on the door.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/22 10:11 a.m.

amazon has the propane torpedo heater i want, it's $129 with prime.

home depot has exactly the same brand and model, $99.  30 pcs in stock.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/9/22 11:22 a.m.
1kris06 said:

Also, apparently there isn't a way to lock the vehicle without using the key fob or button on the door.

I bet there is.  Look closely at the fob and see whether there is a metal key secreted in there, then check the drivers door handle for a plastic cover with a lock under it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/22 11:23 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
1kris06 said:

I bet there is.  Look closely at the fob and see whether there is a metal key secreted in there, then check the drivers door handle for a plastic cover with a lock under it.

Sometimes it is even vertically oriented on the bottom of the door handle.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/9/22 8:50 p.m.
Duke said:
Streetwiseguy said:
1kris06 said:

Sometimes it is even vertically oriented on the bottom of the door handle.

I know about that process/the hidden key in the fob. What I can't do is use the power lock button on the interior doors if the car is off.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/10/22 12:11 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I feel this. Blue bottle and intelligencia are my go to's when traveling- but my espresso at home is best. Finally got my machine dialed after some mod work. Bad coffee is depressing. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/8/23 9:01 a.m.

I ordered a watch on deep discount from Timex a week ago and the order status hasn't changed.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
1/8/23 3:32 p.m.

Walking home yesterday I think a teenager tried to start a fight with me over brushing shoulders on the sidewalk. He called me youngblood. We live in berkeleying Iowa.

I'm realizing now I've "liked" so many songs on the Tesla's streaming service that it's just repeating stuff to me now; I gotta push myself to keep hearing new stuff.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
1/8/23 6:14 p.m.

I haven't been to a grocery store in at least 5 years. I went Today to pick up a few things because it would be quicker than having it delivered. I now know why I haven't been, nothing in that store makes sense, and there are a bunch of people just wandering around slowly. What should have been 5 mins was 30....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/23 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

That is why I shop for non-perishables at dollar general. There is NEVER a line, I can caveman myself in and out in five minutes.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/9/23 10:23 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:

I haven't been to a grocery store in at least 5 years. I went Today to pick up a few things because it would be quicker than having it delivered. I now know why I haven't been, nothing in that store makes sense, and there are a bunch of people just wandering around slowly. What should have been 5 mins was 30....

The better half doesn't even ask me to go with her anymore because she knows my answer will be, "Just have Instacart deliver it, I'm not going to that hell hole."

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/2/23 10:34 a.m.

I'd like a pit bike, and was kinda thinking in the $1000 - $1500 range, but there aren't any locally in that range. A dealer has a leftover 2021, and it's a super high end pit bike. I'd definitely have the fastest one on the block. But it prices out at close to $4 grand by the time it's all said an done, and that's with over a grand off.  But I don't like the idea of buying new, and it likely won't meet my number one rule of purchase, will I be able to get my money back if it doesn't work out? The high end pit bike market is limited.

Meanwhile, there's a KTM race bike with all the right stuff that could be a perfect woods race bike, would be a fun project, and the price is right. But it's 7 hrs north of here, though it definitely passes the rule. And it's very close to my buddies cottage, and we both are off days during the week.

They're for different applications.

I could buy both, I can make a case for deserving it, and I know I would thoroughly enjoy them, but I'm not sure I can pry the money out of my cheap fists.

I'm in a tizzy, and I don't know what to do

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g1ZMc94Ue1iv0oIxaoN7jCUe2QoyH5QX5BxA312sZzrp3YdDRADSFKo5lGaFkfsu