1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/26/21 6:15 a.m.

Ribs chilled overnight with a rub.  Broil at high speed to cauterize the outside then low and slow with a BBQ sauce thinned with an amber IPA.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/13/21 7:04 a.m.

Sammich?

Dredge eggplant and a red pepper through a puddle of olive oil and put on a hot grill.  Burn until al dante, also put on some Chibatta bread to toast.

Assembly:   Bread, eggplant, pepper, red onion, tomato, mozzarella and drizzle on good Balsamic.  (not the dollar store stuff that tastes like white vinegar).  Sometimes I put fresh basil in there too.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/13/21 7:06 a.m.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
5/13/21 1:28 p.m.

Mothers day quiche with Phylo crust.

Sticky Chinese 5 spice ribs

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/4/21 4:09 p.m.

Gonna make lasagna tomorrow night.  Anyone have a recipe they like?

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/4/21 10:13 p.m.

beer battered chicken/shrimp, pan fried green beans, augratin potatoes, cuke/ mater/onion salad. Yum.

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
8/4/21 11:21 p.m.

Sushi roll for dinner. I love the buttery taste of salmon. 

[

Katya4me
Katya4me New Reader
8/5/21 7:21 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It's probably not what you are looking for, but we made this zucchini-based lasagna last month and I really liked it: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/zucchini-ricotta-lasagna/#wprm-recipe-container-106007 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/5/21 8:01 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Start with 1lb each veal, sweet Italian sausage, and hot Italian sausage. Brown and drain.

Boil and cool your noodles. Those "ready to bake" lasagna noodles they sell in the store are absolute garbage, avoid them and get the ones you actually need to cook first.

Mix your cooked meats together in large bowl with some sauce.

Get out your pan and start layering, noodle meat sauce cheese, until you run out of everything.

I don't like ricotta so I use it very sparingly.

350 until delicious, 45-60 minutes. 

For me personally, I'll let that cool off and put it in the fridge overnight, but it's good fresh too.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/21 9:27 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/6/21 7:25 a.m.

I don't use "Ready to bake" noodles but don't cook the normal ones ahead of time, works out fine.  There's enough moisture in there for it.

Question:  Have you ever used Spring Roll Skins?  I tried yesterday, put this sheet of plastic in warm water for 15 seconds, place on a towel and blot dry,  I can't seem to get the thing round again!  The corners roll up and can't be flattened out again.  I filled mine with imitation crab meat, very thinly sliced carrots and squash.  They were tasty but looked rough.  no two the same length, couldn't tuck the ends in and not very cylindrical.

Love to hear your tips..

(not mine below)

daeman
daeman Dork
8/6/21 5:43 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Don't leave them in the water that long or mess about blotting them. Just dunk one and pull it straight out as you're using them, the water left on the surface should be enough to sufficiently soften them. To get them consistent.... You have to be consistent with how much you put in them (I rarely am) I put the fill about a 1/3 of the way down the sheet with about a 1/4 of the sheet left empty either side of the fill. Fold the top 1/3 over the fill, then fold the two side 1/4's in and roll it up.

Last batch I made was far from perfect or consistent, but it was just a quick lunch. The pork mince was a real pain to roll.

daeman
daeman Dork
8/6/21 5:47 p.m.

Also, a rustic chicken. And leak pot pie I made a couple of days ago. The puff pastry came out great!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/12/21 1:00 p.m.

Hotter'n a hooker's butt on payday, sooo I broke out the ice cream maker.  Lemon Sorbet in a frozen bowl with Hand Melon, fresh blueberries, raspberries and a little lemon zest.

RevRico
8/13/21 10:20 p.m.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/13/21 10:37 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Man, I forgot how long it's been since I've been to a pig pickin'. Drool...

crying

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/14/21 6:18 p.m.

Roasted Hatch Green Chili Burgers topped with white cheddar, home grown tomato, and aged white cheddar.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/14/21 9:44 p.m.

I've been using my portable size pellet grill quite a bit lately. I like to eat well even when we go camping, so I bring my little Country Smoker with me everywhere we go. All of the following was cooked on it, or my charcoal / hardwood grill

RevRico
9/8/21 4:04 p.m.

a winters worth of meat pies

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/8/21 5:08 p.m.
birdmayne said:

I've been using my portable size pellet grill quite a bit lately. I like to eat well even when we go camping, so I bring my little Country Smoker with me everywhere we go. All of the following was cooked on it, or my charcoal / hardwood grill

Which small portable grille you recommend ? 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
9/9/21 7:19 a.m.

Purple potatoes?

Found that Super H Mart was having a sale on purple sweet potatoes and wanted to give them a try. Cooked them up like mashed potatoes with a bit of brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinammon.  Made a good side dish for lamb chops.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/9/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

https://countrysmokers.com/products/frontier-series-the-traveler

That's the one I have. Made by Pit Boss and is easy to wrap up and toss in the pickup bed. Will run on 110V or 12V

daeman
daeman Dork
9/11/21 10:57 p.m.

Before, during and after of a fire cooked cheese and bacon, beer pull-apart

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/12/21 7:13 a.m.

Wow, good job!  Have you ever watched Chusk Wagon cook-offs?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/12/21 1:46 p.m.

Ooh interesting.  Making up a batch of fresh tomato soup out of the garden.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PLwDVrl4pWd1Ktjvgdt2C3YjzkrpdawlCKjrMFan6peNmhu5uAVHBYYyJIlk6Hel