1 ... 6 7 8 9
WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
12/3/15 3:14 p.m.

In reply to joey48442:

It wasn't just you that chose to keep their head stuffed up their arse using that comment.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/3/15 4:35 p.m.

Good point. I will in future issue refrain from using this phrase. Thanks for respecting the letter of the rules.

Margie

WOW Really Paul?
12/4/15 12:04 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

Well, if you used the phrase, does that mean it isn't against the rules?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/4/15 5:31 a.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

are you familiar with the phrase ... "do as I say, not as I do" ?

but she's apologized, and won't be using it anymore ... take a hint ?

Marjorie Suddard
12/4/15 7:36 a.m.

Grow up, dude. I'm not your mom.

Margie

WOW Really Paul?
12/4/15 8:29 a.m.

In reply to wbjones:

I was honestly teasing with that one, sorry I ruffled feathers.

Marjorie Suddard
12/4/15 9:25 a.m.

Sorry, didn't catch the teasing. The Internet has been extra-internetty lately.

WOW Really Paul?
12/4/15 10:38 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Sorry, didn't catch the teasing. The Internet has been extra-internetty lately.

Quoted for truth

motomonster
motomonster New Reader
4/25/16 11:04 a.m.

I find all this talk of pie and cake offensive!

Marjorie Suddard
7/15/16 6:42 a.m.

I have deleted yet another "political" thread (quotation marks used because a more accurate description would be "excuse to inflame the electorate."

That's the last one that gets deleted. After that, I will use the button we mods see as a little bomb with the fuse lit--which deletes the thread and the account of the original poster, plus his or her history.

Margie

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/27/16 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard:

It would be really cool if we could see said bomb once initiated and the offender's name.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/27/16 8:20 p.m.

I promise to post a screenshot.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
1/4/17 5:17 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I promise to post a screenshot.

I just hope I'm around to see it and not the victim of said bomb.

hotsauce
hotsauce
6/20/17 1:58 p.m.

New in here. Thanks for having me. I'm a big fan of classic motors.

And thanks Ed for activating my account.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/17 8:20 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

From our Wikipedia page (under "Memes"): Flounder: a person or post that pushes a political ideology, but doesn't necessarily add to the thread or topic - a type of political rhetoric spam. Based loosely on the National Lampoon's Animal House character.

The "not-a-flounder" refers to floundering topics with "not a flounder" in the title, or floundering posts containing that wording. You can say a thing is not a thing all day long, but if it walks like a flounder and quacks like a flounder, it probably is. When in doubt, all ties go to the house.

Also, if you're coming at this under "rules of engagement"--i.e. adversarially--you might want to reconsider. It's supposed to be fun for all involved.

Margie

Wow, I learned where Flounder comes from today!  Never caught the Animal House reference before.  

dogbocks
dogbocks
1/15/18 12:27 a.m.

Hey guys, new here, stoked to get back into some crap-can racing with my MR2!

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
1/17/18 9:29 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

I have deleted yet another "political" thread (quotation marks used because a more accurate description would be "excuse to inflame the electorate."

That's the last one that gets deleted. After that, I will use the button we mods see as a little bomb with the fuse lit--which deletes the thread and the account of the original poster, plus his or her history.

Margie

I looked for this thread to recommend that any person that starts a political thread gets the ban hammer, at least for a month as a warning, for the first offense. It seems that the rules are in place but not being followed. Since it took about ten years of me bitching about politics and religion before that happened I figure if I start bitching about this now...

Marjorie Suddard
1/19/18 7:33 p.m.

Oh please. You have to be aware that no one any longer starts a “political” thread. It’s a slippery slope, and here’s a hint: What we’re actually going for is enough restraint to ensure civility. We’ve mostly achieved that, so relax. Good night and have a wonderful weekend.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/19/18 8:41 p.m.

Margie, Happy New Year!!! thank you for your  forethought and civility in these contentious times that we (myself included) could so easily  escalate a seemingly innocuous post to another plateau to make one's eye's bleed ....hoping that you do not  succumb to the to the diatribe that currently surrounds all of us.......You an Tim be always in my prayers.......peace out B

SS

Spait1946
Spait1946 None
3/26/18 3:55 a.m.

Cheers for everyone! laugh Glad to enter this party as humble as possible.  House Rules were noted. 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/25/18 10:23 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I promise to post a screenshot.

I'm only curious because it was both swift and severe, the way my Phyc 101 professor claimed punishment was supposed to be, and I am a huge ECM fan as a result. 

Marjorie Suddard
6/25/18 3:36 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

Glad to see another person added to ECM's fan base. She certainly deserves it for all she does on the forum.

Margie

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
6/25/18 4:21 p.m.

I've always been a fan. She's like the awesome cousin who I always wanted to meet in person but haven't been able to yet that I still brag about to strangers.   

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/3/20 6:55 a.m.

In reply to Davin Smith :

There has been a lot of talk about steering clear of politics and in general being an shiny happy person. Perhaps you missed the part about canoes not being welcome?

Veree
Veree New Reader
5/21/20 3:11 p.m.

Hi all, I'm new here. My name is Jeremy.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9DoqAEOlLPv52jpjslH9fR43piCEUbciuXvrrdveynk161hoqahRuqWAnHoDzOx9