1 2
e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
4/26/13 3:52 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Instant torque and the ability to rev to infinity and beyond sounds awesome to me if we can get the weight down. I can imagine the day when the right pitch and intensity of electrical whirr gets us as excited as the sound of a turbo spooling up.

No doubt, especially with the insane RPMs an electric motor can spin.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/26/13 3:52 p.m.

According to what I am seeing from kids today, the next trend is public transportation.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/26/13 3:56 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Small cars. As the country becomes more urbanized more people will embrace small cars and we will have some sort of goofy culture will evolve around weird little cars. I'll probably make fun of it while secretly liking it. I think we'll also see an urban electric hotrod bicycle culture develop. Lots of room for unregulated unlicensed home brewed speed right there.
pinchvalve wrote: According to what I am seeing from kids today, the next trend is public transportation.

Sounds like folks predict we'll start looking more like Europe. I'm generally fine with that.

Man, I loved European public transportation. The ability to go out and not worry about how much you'd been drinking, and still be able to get home just fine was awesome. Doesn't even have to be "I'm going out to get E36 M3 faced!", just "Yeah, I think I'll have a third glass of wine with dinner."

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/26/13 4:06 p.m.

It will suck.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Joh7BNu0ejaW6GXFpIUZxHsoLIQIPIk4JYjm744uKeeJjtqgUkTQgsWQNf2Biesw