1 2
mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
8/1/16 10:32 a.m.

I've had gout for years. Finally got on alopurinol three years ago. Its cheap, it works, no side effects. Don't fight it. It was made for you.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/21 11:54 a.m.

This may be the most helpful canoe ever (though I wouldn't dare click the link the added).

Also strawberries are delicious. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/5/21 11:56 a.m.

I hear gout is caused by wearing shoes with holes in their sole. 

Cherries and cherry juice. Really.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/5/21 2:03 p.m.

It's the disease of royalty, congratulations!

drainoil
drainoil Dork
1/5/21 2:20 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:

This may be the most helpful canoe ever (though I wouldn't dare click the link the added).

Also strawberries are delicious. 

Water not only floats a canoe, if you drink enough of it daily, it also can help out with the gout.

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/5/21 5:25 p.m.

Allopurinal seems to mitigate the effects of sugar, red meat, and alcohol for me.   My doc told me that high uric acid levels are correlated to high intelligence...

jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
1/5/21 9:20 p.m.

I have two foods that set it off.  Asparagus, one bite to remind me how much I still love it and can not eat another bite. And beer. I only drink one, not very often, that I really like and do not dare enjoy another.

Yes, beer is food.  When you cannot enjoy it, it's like chocolate. Try and tell me I'm wrong!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
1/6/21 8:07 a.m.

Asparagus doesn't bother me.  Micro brew beer does but Mexican macro brew doesn't, thankfully.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/23 10:18 p.m.

I have never abused my feet by doing stupid things like running for fun but about 3 years ago I had my first gout attack which lasts for weeks and alternates from one great toe to the other. Last fall I donated blood to the local blood bank and 6 hours later I had the worst attack ever. I finally went to the podiatrist and after an x-ray he says that I have gouty arthritis and lost all of the cartilage in my big toe. I just had that toe fused permanently and finally after 4 months am able to walk almost normally and wear work boots. I have also been taking alopurinol for 3 years. I also retired from donating blood after draining 10 gallons.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/28/23 10:35 p.m.
Sky32 said:

In reply to iceracer :

You really have to control your food intake. There are a lot of things you should not eat anymore. It will really help you in general, help you avoid a lot of diseases in the long run

Here at grm we like to control our canoe intake. 

obsolete
obsolete GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/29/23 9:22 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Delete the link in your quote, though, otherwise the canoeists win.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5dXdssTdX81HsnTHSHwPZWBLCdflK8lZ4DKF2WP9xcX6tARWEULLCt7u7hqT08Df