1 2 3 4 5
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/20 3:35 p.m.
03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/9/20 7:51 p.m.
BoostedBrandon said:

I want an obscenely large, completely inefficient, loud, 6wd surplus military truck, for no reason other than compensation.

I often see them for sale in $9K +++ range; but every once in a while I'll see on on craigslist in the south for 2K +/- range. Saw one in last few days, but don't remember what town.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/16/20 10:24 p.m.
slowride
slowride Dork
4/17/20 3:39 p.m.
noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/18/20 5:30 p.m.

And what about the bobbed version?  Almost looks useful!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/18/20 7:40 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

When I win the Powerball, I will have a deuce-and-a-half bobber.  Just for.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/18/20 11:01 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

"You have all these trucks, can you help me move?"

"Sure, take this one, bring the tank back full"

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/20 12:50 p.m.

For when your engine hoist needs a BIT more reach.

Hoist

This actually looks really damn handy.

hobiercr (FS)
5/4/20 1:05 p.m.
bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/20 1:08 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

FMTV

The ones with a rear box that can be converted to a camper seem to go for 10x the price, $30k vs $3k. I wonder if you could remove the bed and plop an old camper trailer body on there...

hobiercr (FS)
5/4/20 1:16 p.m.
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/4/20 1:34 p.m.

And now I want a "Caution Left Hand Drive" sign for all my vehicles.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/4/20 4:46 p.m.

I've been looking at Govdeals for a few months, mainly for towable air compressors.  Most do not run, but have low hours.  It's a bit disappointing.  I almost bid on one, but their pickup procedure seemed to be a bit weird.  

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/4/20 5:09 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

I've been looking at Govdeals for a few months, mainly for towable air compressors.  Most do not run, but have low hours.  It's a bit disappointing.  I almost bid on one, but their pickup procedure seemed to be a bit weird.  

It is weird, but not undoable. I bought a $300 forklift last year and thought it was going to be hell getting it. I just let the tow company know the auction number and and hour or so plus $150 later it was in my driveway.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/20 6:09 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

It depends who the seller is. I bought a lathe from a local university and called ahead before I showed up, they helped load it onto my trailer with a pallet jack and it didn't take long at all. 

hobiercr (FS)
5/4/20 6:29 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

I looked at GovDeals too and everything seemed really either too big or too $$. The Gov Planet site seems to have more reasonable stuff and starting prices. Not to say that people don't seem to bid stuff up to some crazy prices. I also like that it's easy to search by state.

hobiercr (FS)
5/4/20 6:51 p.m.
03Panther
03Panther Reader
5/4/20 7:11 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

I wouldn't drop 20K on that, even if I had the spare cash, but your right... that is WAY cool!

03Panther
03Panther Reader
5/4/20 7:21 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

I'd love to have more of the vidmar style cabinets, but even if I understood how to do the whole process, I'd have no clue how to ship 'em!

https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/3529733?src=criteo&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=criteo&utm_content=3529733&feedage=20200503&

Now for that lift... anyone have the patience to teach me how to bid on that? I'm only 2 hrs away from there!

03Panther
03Panther Reader
5/4/20 7:40 p.m.

I copied the "Hoist" link, and pasted. I had hoped it would still say "hoist" but didn't... Now I see it did not even stay "click-able" I have wondered in past how y'all change links to words, but don't know the appropriate place to ask that type of question.

03Panther
03Panther Reader
5/4/20 7:42 p.m.

Also LOVE that buggy... but it won't sell for no grand... and my wife would make me sleep in it. 'Course for 1K, it be worth it!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/20 8:26 p.m.

In reply to bgkast (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe strap on a backyard shed or something? 

hobiercr (FS)
5/18/20 1:40 p.m.
hobiercr (FS)
5/18/20 1:48 p.m.
nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports HalfDork
5/18/20 1:53 p.m.

Coats Tire changer for $200  ?  I bid $226 but somehow lost??

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2571249

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RbUznGAy2FP3nQVytKlXqffUxXOEcIRj4ySCD6pEe8pHqs85XDXJt2YCFblEPuRq