1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/21 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Sorry if I'm missing the joke, but that is an insulated cup, not a lens.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/25/21 1:31 p.m.
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:

Hmmmmm..... My box was confirmed as received but contents were never posted....

Same, oh well

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/21 1:36 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Oh, my apologies. I totally forgot to put in a picture of one of the best parts. Just had a brain fart when uploading and doing the writeup. I did get quite excited when I pulled these out of the box and then got sidetracked by mysterious problem solving.

If you happen to see some of my dusty cars in the background with clean spots on the fenders, it's because I've already played with them a bit :) I've never tried Griots before and I'm a big believer in the Meguiars equivalent of Speed Shine so I'm looking forward to using these.

Thanks for identifying the links and the backstory on the random bits of composites. I've never had direct experience with anything that was belt fed, which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it...

This definitely met expectations. Thanks again.

Took the time to wipe down the Targa Miata with this stuff today. It works well!

ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter)
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/25/21 4:20 p.m.

My package has arrived!

Now the agonizing wait to open it until after Mrs. ShawneeCreek gets home from work...

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/25/21 4:40 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) :

Hehehe flamethrower, that one might be because of me and the 2019 game. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
1/25/21 7:01 p.m.

I've been informed that I received a mostly intact 10lb box from South Dakota today. i'm told that it rattles like Legos.

Unfortunately,With work being what it is,  I won't be able to get to it until this weekend. I'll try to get an unboxing video up by sunday.  

1/25/21 7:13 p.m.

Let the unboxing commence. Given the warnings on the box I decided to take it easy opening this year and just use my trusty Snap-on pocket knife.

I was then greeted with the following warning:

Thankfully, it only turned out to be following artwork on the inside flap. No other sharks to be found.

Finally, the contents were revealed.

While arranging the loot on the coffee table the empty box was immediately claimed by Theodore.

Who then had to defend his place from Nicholas.

Always, the collected loot:

It includes

• Ignition wires
  • Spark plugs
  • Rebuild kit for a Holley double pumper carb
  • Bar Keepers Friend
  • A new in box air filter that fits some late 80s and early 90s Chrysler products
  • Toyota badge
  • Funnel kit
  • A collection of stickers and decals (appropriately filtered for the forums of course)

• Flyin' Miata catalog and an issue of Irish Vintage Scene
  • Fuse block
  • Safety glasses with eyebrows
  • Tractor Supply Co badge
  • Sporty Hot Wheels
  • LED signal flasher
  • And this strange hexa-pod thing. I think it's an antenna adaptor?

Thank you Smith family member! Mrs. ShawneeCreek and I really enjoyed opening the box. Many of the stickers will end up in my sticker cabinet in the garage. The Irish magazine should be interesting to look through. And the rest of the box will be put to use or saved to pass on in next year's game.

Thanks again!

- Sean

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/25/21 11:04 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

Nope, it's a real lens. 

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/26/21 1:36 a.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) :

The warnings on that box crack me up!

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/26/21 3:53 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

In that case, it may be this: Minolta MC AF Zoom Macro

Amazon.com : Minolta MC AF Zoom Macro 1:4.5 75-200 Lens : Camera & Photo

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/26/21 1:03 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

It's supposed to rattle, or so I heard...

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/21 1:03 p.m.

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo :

Our 10 year old  wanted to decorate the box this year. Christopher allowed it. (I'd already done my box up). There may be messages under other flaps too. ;)

1/26/21 1:29 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo :

Our 10 year old  wanted to decorate the box this year. Christopher allowed it. (I'd already done my box up). There may be messages under other flaps too. ;)

Good to know. I'll look deeper...

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/26/21 2:31 p.m.

I got back from a work trip and had a surprise waiting on me in my home office.  My box from St Cloud Florida arrived and it has some nice goodies in it!

The tack cloths, microfibers, and sanding kit are going to be used as I continue to do the body work on my van.  I use a ton of sharpies and pocket notebooks both at work and in the garage so those will come in very handy.  My wife and I are both big hot sauce lovers so I am looking forward to trying this one.  The cable fits my phone so its going on the tool box power strip. The stamps were already claimed by my wife.  I got some gauges and a metal oil pressure tube (I always hated the plastic ones), Chevy cap/rotor, and a rear? brake line.  There were also some always handy zip ties (the cats area currently playing with them because everything is a cat toy), some magnets for my rockauto collection, a tape measure (can never have enough of those scattered around), some screwdriver bits, a welding book (Considering my lack of formal training I am sure I will pick up some useful info!), a couple stickers, in car hard to reach freeze plug repair kit, and rice crispy bear (less scary than the black bear we see in the yard sometimes!).  

Whoever got my name, thanks for the AWESOME box!

The box itself was promptly claimed by Danica Catrick

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/21 3:28 p.m.

I recently sold a Boxster part to a stranger on another forum. I filled the box with random junk from my garage as packing material. I realize it may be a bit confusing for the buyer to receive that package without the context of the GRM New Years Game, but for me it just seems like a normal thing to do now. Thanks for the inspiration.

java230
java230 UberDork
1/27/21 10:20 a.m.

Wow I cant believe I totally spaced this this year!! Nice boxes everyone!

Bill that giant socket is for Toyota solid front axles. The Birfiled nut, 54mm IIRC.  I can't remember if I sent that in the past or if I have one still kicking around my garage that matches laugh

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/21 10:35 a.m.

A box just arrived for me with a familiar name from Canada! I'll open it and take pictures later this evening.

And now editing this post with pictures!

It made it all the way from Canada with only a small wound in the box. I tested and it did indeed rattle. OK!

Starting off with a towel. Always know where your towel is. 

Next up is a roll of toilet paper, appropriate for this year. 

LAN EVO! This is awesome, I haven't read the manga so I'm excited to have this. 

Next up we have an O2 sensor (might be useful if I can switch the connector to fit my MINI). Lego cop car, prepackaged soap for travel, shiny triangle thing, glow sticks and candy that mostly survived the trip. 

At this point the cat is wondering why the box isn't empty yet. 

Moving on to a piston and rod assembly, various sockets and bolts, a shiny shaft (for a steering column perhaps?), compression fittings and more candy.

Getting toward the bottom with a full size chevy manual, Dust to Glory DVD (I'm pretty sure I've seen this, I'll have to watch it to make sure), wire brush, zipties and Mercedes and Honda City Turbo cars. 

And lastly, stickers, sticky calendars and an awesome license plate/dust pan/measuring device from Saskatchewan.

And a note, something that I always forget to add in my box until it is sent out. Most of the stuff in my boxes also comes from my job since I can't bear to see anything remotly useful disposed of.

Thanks Tim! This was great. Now off to read some Initial D...

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
1/27/21 5:26 p.m.

Update: The Lego police car has been assembled. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/27/21 6:42 p.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

Has the cat claimed the box yet?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/27/21 7:41 p.m.

I'm glad you enjoyed the box! Oddly enough, the one corner I didn't add gorilla tape to took the damage.

The shiny triangle came with my alternator mounting kit I bought for the BMW, it's for something small block, I didn't need it, but it looked way to nice to just toss it for scrap so it's made it's way to you. 

I am still trying to figure out why we had a full size chevy car manual in the shop, as a family we have never owned a full size chevy, and I don't ever remember my brother working on one, so it looked to be a perfect candidate to add to the box.

The shiny shaft is indeed from a steering column from a project I helped with. 

Dust to Glory DVD is a regift, its a good watch, and worth having more people see it.

I'm really glad the Initial D manga is appreciated! I did some sleuthing and didn't come up with much and it was a duplicate in my collection.

I think next year I may try a cheap container for candy to protect it a bit.

I am really glad you enjoyed the contents! And I doubly glad it arrived in mostly one piece!

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
1/27/21 7:53 p.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

Has the cat claimed the box yet?

She did give it a test sit before moving back to complaining about her half-empty food dish.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/27/21 8:49 p.m.

The tracking for my contribution to this year's game shows the package being delivered, but it hasn't shown up here yet. 

There's something alive in the box. I hope it's been opened. 

Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/27/21 9:20 p.m.

OK I admit I have been delinquent in posting my box, I took pictures and then got busy and forgot to post. Then when I went to post the pictures were missing of my phone. So out came the goodies, if I missed something I apologize to the giver.

First the open box picture

Next the sticker and patch haul

Next was a T-shirt, bag, back scratcher, feels like a bronze pineapple, mini magnets, some cool hot wheels, a fresh copy of cannon ball run, and some pandemic masks.

Next up a couple of 10mm (never have enough) maple candy claimed by my teenager, reflectors, hand cream, phone charger and lug nuts.

Last and not least was a jar of BBQ rub

Immediately put to use on that evenings pork chops, forgot to take the after picture but very yummy.

Thanks, sorry I took so long to post.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/21 10:10 a.m.
java230 said:

Bill that giant socket is for Toyota solid front axles. The Birfiled nut, 54mm IIRC.  I can't remember if I sent that in the past or if I have one still kicking around my garage that matches laugh

Shoot.  Nothin else for it then, I'm just going to have to buy another solid axle Toyota!

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/21 11:43 a.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:
java230 said:

Shoot.  Nothin else for it then, I'm just going to have to buy another solid axle Toyota!

That's the true spirit of the game.  Buy a car to support something received in the box!

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KZPqwqzwbI0DuLMjQJQnEBBuQ1WjCqTR4s1c2cjZYHW8qTf1ymOnOCEqm0gmpBlc