1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 5:51 p.m.

I haven't had a chance to open it yet, so right now, I only have pictures of the amazing artwork on the outside of the box:

No idea who the artist might be at this point...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/11/22 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

It's not me. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
1/11/22 6:30 p.m.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 7:38 p.m.

Damn, I need to step up my box game. Never mind the contents.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
1/11/22 7:51 p.m.
RossD said:

"...You can plug in your blackberry..." LOL! laugh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/11/22 7:58 p.m.

It's here!  And a legacy box, to boot- a couple years deep by the look of things:

Mandatory pet inspection:

And the goods:

So we have: an excellent array of stickers, a New York Sanitation coloring book which we need to take to visit our local rehomed NYC trash truck, a couple of excellent postcards, a trackside companion, a nice shift knob, lassie shirt and watch, a 10mm socket, a mystery bearing, a 2pin pigtail of some sort, a variety of beverage paraphernalia, a Haynes manual, shoelaces, a whirligig, screwdrivers, a big awesome chrome impact gun, and comically tiny channel locks.  Some close ups of the goods:

Thanks Doc!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/11/22 8:33 p.m.
Javelin said:
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Thanks for the background!

berkeleying sweet, I didn't even think of using the rope for therapy, that's a great idea!

My wife is *THRILLED* that the iron pyrite was found and not bought. Where did you get it, she'll label where it came from.

We both enjoyed the box quite a bit.

Can we see the pyrite?!?

Regrettably, I do not have a picture of it... it's a bit bigger than golf ball sized, with some impressively large crystal faces.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/22 8:35 p.m.

Looks like my box was delivered on Friday.

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
1/11/22 8:54 p.m.

I got a Florida box.

The USPS helped me open it. Hope none of the best things escaped through either of the (small) holes..

LOOT.

And all spread out for easy surveying.

A set of buffing wheels, a trailer light socket, a GRM lanyard, a ratcheting chuck key (had no idea that was a thing), 1/2" and 3/8" drive hand cranks, a really nice Buck 110 knife (!), a Triplet amp gauge, a stack of auto-related PS2 games for which I now need to find a PS2 to go with, two pairs of tiny matching Cadillacs, a bunch of really fantastic stickers (the "free probe" and the Wartburg are especially outstanding), a tall riser for a Quadrajet (?), an Air Force unit challenge coin, a soldering gun, an electrical relay, and a really big bolt!

What a haul! Thanks Stampie!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/11/22 8:58 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

I always feel like my contents suck, so I gotta do something. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/22 9:03 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I always feel like my contents suck, so I gotta do something. 

As this year's recipient, I'm fully qualified to say that you're not being fair to yourself. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 9:22 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

You're welcome.  Sorry I'm not that artistic to be able to give you a decorated box.  Some notes for you, first I did no stalking as when I got your address I said hmmm ... a John in Kansas, I wonder who that might be.  The hand cranks I got at an estate sale years ago thinking they were cool and I'd use them all the time.  Nope never used them once.  The riser was a mistake from this years Challenge.  It's square bore.  The AF challenge coin and the Buck knife belonged to my uncle who passed a few years ago.  I felt that you were a fitting person to receive them. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
1/11/22 9:42 p.m.

Mine delivered yesterday! laugh

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/22 9:45 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I haven't had a chance to open it yet, so right now, I only have pictures of the amazing artwork on the outside of the box:

No idea who the artist might be at this point...

Nice! I keep saying that I'm going to draft The Dancer to do artwork on a box but never am ahead enough of the game to do it. I didn't even get the chance to stalk who my recipient was this year. :/

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/11/22 9:48 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

We always called the hand-crank critturs speeder bars.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/22 8:48 a.m.
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) said:

Mine shows as delivered on Saturday, but radio silence from the recipient thus far... 

Same here. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/22 10:59 a.m.

I guess we'll know on Thursday.

Or today...

I have never felt this much anticipation over a box of hand lotion and weld samples!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/22 11:03 a.m.

I'll concede that photographing everything and sharing the contents on this thread does add to the work, but it greatly increases the fun. It's kind of a letdown when you get radio silence from your recipient. That said, there's no requirement that you have to do it right away, all of us have lives!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/12/22 12:11 p.m.

My box has not appeared yet. I am really enjoying everyone else's, though!!! Some really neat stuff this year so far.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
1/12/22 12:38 p.m.

My sent package was delivered yesterday!!!!  

Haven't received mine just yet.  Either that, or my wife thought it was too cool and kept it for herself, haha. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/22 12:41 p.m.

Post Office is still showing the box I send as just 'In Transit, Arriving Late'. At what point do I call them up and get them more actively looking for it?

The delay just solidified my plan to put together a supplemental mini-box using a small Priority Mail box to send some of the things that I should have included in the original box. Will likely get it together and off in the mail when I have the day off on Friday. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

A half inch drive speed wrench is what I use to crank down on coil spring compressors.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/12/22 1:33 p.m.

Got mine the other day!

Somehow they shoehorned an entire drill combo set in the box. The batteries are being stubborn and won't take a charge, but I haven't busted out my bag of tricks yet to revive them.

Assorted tools. The tool at the top is fascinating. It is used to compress fitting on coax cable. I might actually have a use for it soon. No idea what the plasti-dipped pliers are. I love a good mystery tool.

Parts are always good, and a good helmet bag. That grommet is going right on my '69 Olds.

More plates for my collection. I've always like the coloring of the Colorado plates, but I'm weird.

Stickers that will soon adorn my lawn tractor. I'm going to sneak the Sponge Bob stickers into my wife's stuff, she hates that show.

Thanks fellow Kia fan, yes Kias rule!!!

(update)

Revived the NiCD drill battery, the LiPO is dead thought and not responding. It will be disassembled and used for parts. I may be able to salvage some of the cells to power Nerf guns.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/12/22 1:43 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Sweet... some of that was from last year's box. The one piece I wanted to make sure made it the wife pitched. Ugh. I'll get photos from my inebriated opening soon. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 1:49 p.m.

The pyrite, quarter for scale:

I also sent out my package today. Estimated delivery is 1/15/2022 to one of the U.S. states that borders Quebec. 

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aBJ51ukCUz30efevPTMrruWstcsIQqJYYWMgy4a0xGXcyTnaMaVtskYJLdkoSGxT