1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/22/22 12:24 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

And a box has arrived.  Unboxing to commence momentarily. Follow up post after the boys are done admiring the wrapping.

moxnix
moxnix Dork
1/22/22 12:25 p.m.

Our box arrived last week, but we were terribly behind on getting our box shipped until this week.  But it is now in the safe hands of the postal service and now we’re treating ourselves to the contents of this year’s box.  

Hmm, I wonder who it could be from….

Opening the box, we found plastic bags!!!  I know it’s hard to recycle these at present, but had not considered this as a method until now.

Under those plastic bags, the goodies were revealed.  In classic GRM NYG tradition, we have stickers:

Followed by peppers and leaves of unknown origin:

Do I want peppery food?  Because this is how I get peppery food:

Some beverages to go with those meals:  I can figure out the first one but no clue what exactly the second one is.

I’m rich!! 

Parts of unknown purpose:

A RAM cell phone holder.  It sort of fits my phone so I might have to try it out.

The final layer: Hot Wheels, wooden and metal containers, expired electrical tape, a rock-crawling competition DVD and a new magnet for the fridge,  

I assume the wood has the hungarian equivalent of Live Love Laugh on it but I don't feel like using google translate to check.

Thank you Hungary Bill!!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/22/22 1:16 p.m.

Opening up..

Shiny!

Everything is individually wrapped the boys think it is Christmas again.

License plate and hose

Books and magazines. The Neil Peart book looks awesome.

MMMM hot sauce.

And Beer

The Whole Haul.. hot wheels cars, a pulley, Yo-yo (promptly stolen my boys along with Hot wheels) M&M's , de-badged trophies, hose clamps, a fuel filter (more on that later), tire patch kit, car polish, 220 plug, Finally "The Sacred Reliquary" I will need better pictures of the Reliquary to explain.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/22/22 1:59 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Our mail carrier picked up the Supplemental Small Box this afternoon so it's on its way West. Also called and waded through the USPS phone system to get them trying to figure out where the berk my original box is, so hopefully I'll have info on that back one way or the other by the end of the week.

Hark, a small box has appeared!

And it contains: Stuff!!!

Hot Wheels: Delorean, CRX, and Donut Drifter!

Medicine bottle full of: Earplugs!

Post-it notes!

Lego minifigure!

peel and stick Lego stuff!

Candy, from Sweetwater! 

A battery Tender sticker!

And for the big reveal-

Thanks, Ashyukun!!!

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/22/22 2:07 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Ha I recognize some regifts in there! Awesome!

In reply to Recon1342 :

Pretty sure those are outdoor/extreme post it notes, they are pretty cool actually.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/22 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

I saw that it had arrived- I'm glad at least that box made it! I need to get back to the post office with more info in hopes they can find the original box, I'm still hoping they can find it and get it on its way to you. If they can't, I'll be filing a claim for the insurance on it and use that to put together and send a replacement box.

And java230 is correct- the Post-Its are outdoor extreme ones, I picked them up to have something a bit more robust to use when labeling things as I pull parts off of the DMC. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/22 2:40 p.m.

A 22lb box from Florida showed up on my doorstep this afternoon and I got a chuckle as The Dancer decided to try and pick it up with the box of vitamins that had arrived before just letting me do it. 

Unfortunately I won't get the chance to open and document it until Monday since we're heading down for the rest of the weekend to meet the prospective builder at our Mammoth Cave property to try and get things finalized to start construction. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/22 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

But, but, there may be road music in there.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/22 4:40 p.m.

In reply to LopRacer :

Handle the Reliquary with care... angel

Edit: and I had nothing to do with the t.p. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/22 5:13 p.m.

I'VE BEEN HIT!!!!

More soon!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/22/22 5:28 p.m.

About that Fuel filter...

The boys decided to do a science experiment on it and flush it with water in the sink....

I think the fuel filter might be toast now. cheeky  Also there was a great coloring book that a took out one page to color for now.

Finally the Reliquary for the sacred paper towel. The towel passed down through the years from GRM recipient to GRM recipient may it forever travel the world. 

Thank you Shadeux very cool box.

preach (dudeist priest)
1/22/22 6:49 p.m.

I did a halfassed attempt at creeping my benefactor/torturer but failed. All I got is that they are from MO, not moo but I think there are a lot of cows in MO, I am ok with that as we are called Cowhampshire because cows make the best maple syrup.

They crushed it though!

First I whipped out my OEM new Vietnam era tomahawk made by American Tomahawk that my wife got me for the holidays. I like melee weapons and chucking E36 M3 at my advisary. You got to open some GRM E36 M3.

Then we got into it.

And we found a magical bit of loot and crap! 

Not sure if they creeped me, but they crushed it.

So the preachess won a ton on this gambit. She claimed the mirror and magnet, the ratchet set (sae and metric!) probably the lanyard too. Forget about the defogger for he (yet io purchase) Karman Ghia window defogger.

If the perp stalked me or not they nailed it with the boosted book as I have no clue and own my first-ish one.

And, of course I have to try out the shuriken:

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/22 7:00 p.m.

I didn't know opening our boxes with big knives was a thing, I would have used my Mukti

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/22 7:17 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

As it turns out, I did stalk you.  That "GRM on-the-road assist list" post is a dead giveaway if someone lives in a small town, and you're the only one in your particular corner of Cowhampshire.   Also your post about rehabbing the toilet has exterior shots, and it's pretty evident from Google street view.

I had tried to 3D-print a 914 cupholder, but it just. wouldn't. adhere.   After 4 tries I gave up.  

I'm glad you like everything.  The plug-in dealybopper is (I think) an ionizer/air purifier.  It's a regift, as is the shuriken.  

Also, that is one sweet-ass tomahawk.

I got my box this afternoon, and I'll post the unboxing as soon as I upload photos.

preach (dudeist priest)
1/22/22 7:41 p.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

The 3d printed bolt thing is awesome!

I need to get a printer!

1/22/22 8:26 p.m.

Hopefully this pic makes up for not having a pic of opening it with a big ass knife. 

It's not quite chainsaw level too

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/23/22 2:29 a.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Did you receive a box yet? I'm pretty sure I got you and it showed as delivered a while ago now. 

preach (dudeist priest)
1/23/22 7:18 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I didn't know opening our boxes with big knives was a thing, I would have used my Mukti

Last year was my first year and I used my real Nepalese Kukri.

1/23/22 10:13 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Last year was my first year and I used my real Nepalese Kukri.

Superb choice!

The Mukti was handmade in Nepal too actually

preach (dudeist priest)
1/23/22 10:53 a.m.
psteav (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

As it turns out, I did stalk you.  That "GRM on-the-road assist list" post is a dead giveaway if someone lives in a small town, and you're the only one in your particular corner of Cowhampshire.   Also your post about rehabbing the toilet has exterior shots, and it's pretty evident from Google street view.

I googled my victims name and found a huge footprint on the web. Linkedin, Work website, Google street view showed his trade mark vehicle, etc.

Honestly it made me feel dirty and invasive...

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

I did, held off on opening for a bit until I was able to get my outgoing box mailed.

Looks to be a legacy box, and it was a 43-pounder this year! I know that the knife is wholly unimpressive...I guess I don't need to overcompensate. wink

The first layer looks promising, with tools, PEZ dispensers and more visible. We'll start working our way down.

Toy Story PEZ dispensers, not one, but TWO Jeepster hot wheels, a toy commode filled with....putty?? Plus a small glass vial with a magnetic lid, empty Nissan parts box for packing material, yo-yo, coozie, and a  Turbo Coupe badge. I wonder how much additional confusion I could create by putting the badge on my Cappuccino! It wouldn't be dishonest, but would the badge even fit?

Second layer, and first off, this man definitely junkyards! Mustang and Ford badges, another vial with magnet lid, comprehensive grooming kit from Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch (I'm flattered by the implication that I use or am even aware of this wide a range of products...I'll admit this scruffy batchelor had to look a few up!) my all-time favorite box item of clamps heart, a springamadoinger that looks like part of a release mechanism (?) plus a cool closed end wrench that reminds me of a valve adjustment tool, metric Allen wrenches (perfect for my bicycle obsession) and a bicycle patch kit...score! Oh yeah...also some coffee from Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch...timely as it will help ensure I get to my new job on time starting tomorrow! Wow, so far so good on this box.

Found it! Oh no....wait...that's a 7/16ths, not a 10mm. Never mind. cheeky

Woohoo! Struck the tool vein and got right into mining. A nice assortment of used wrenches, unused pencil, trio of Christmas ornaments, two sizes of GT badge, 60th anniversary Corvette pin (is my mid-life crisis showing that badly?) another springamadoinger, and a full set of lug bolts (wait, lug BOLTS? What sort of devil's work is this?) a JVC faceplate, another Turbo Coupe badge, Ford hubcap, and more clamps!

And the piece de resistance, what appears to be a full set of  brake caliper cores. Look to be BMW, but more sleuthing required. Also, one of the coolest bits is this right-angle drive! Plus there was a random remainder of a stuck fastener.

No...wait....HERE's the piece de resistance! Not exactly my style, but a lot of fun! There's no young lady in the house, so I'll surprise an unsuspecting co-worker or friend with a daughter. 

Thanks, AWSX1686! Always love this GRM tradition and this year was no exception.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/23/22 2:42 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Glad you enjoyed it! 

A lot of the smaller random stuff are regifts. The rest came from part-outs and auctions. 

Brake calipers are from a 2003 325ix, figured they'd be good weight at least. Lug bolts are also BMW, I have a ton so figured I'd pass along a set. Stalking you didn't show any BMWs, but maybe someone you know will find them useful or you could even just sell them.

The box is a previous box, I forgot to look at the weight before I sent it out, so thanks for confirming how much weight I packed in there. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/22 2:51 p.m.
HoserRacing said:

10mm sockets, fuses, cable clamps, more gummies, some castle nuts and bolts, some masonry bits, a horseshoe (right side up to keep all the luck in!), a reamer?, some cord, some gauges, a drill bit of some sort, something I don't recognize, and a cool piston & rod assembly!  What's it from?  

The piston originally came from me. It's from the Kohler K341 16hp engine that I rebuilt in my garden tractor. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/22 3:09 p.m.

I am getting a little worried about my box. I sent it on the 13th and my receipt went through the wash so I can't track it now.  Hopefully it makes/made it to near Pittsburgh ok. 

preach (dudeist priest)
1/23/22 3:34 p.m.

Mine looks to be a day away. I signed it so I don't mind posting.

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WIURMHAcg1jzfdzFn7hq6QOOlsPjkpnrciqruMPZPemEFeviUjoSYm8HewzVwj7t