1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/23 4:56 p.m.

Package went out so mine got opened:

Oooo, goodies!!!

Inside we find, a microweave thick towel, a head mounted cooling device, 2 plastic pipe fittings, A small piece of delrin (perfect size for my little lathe/mill), slightly used note pad, metal metal cutting disc, racing inspired tow hook, an axle dust cap?, air fittings I think, a camera/gopro had hold and tripod, a bit of water hose, an old school bike headlight, a metal basket, master link, sanding fixture, a funky 120v amp for speakers?, a small flow meter, a bicycle phone mount, headlamp, a thermostat pipe fitting?, a couple smaller springs.

Thank you Toyman!, !

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 5:46 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Glad it made it in one piece.

The amp is perfect for a shop stereo. 20 watts. I bought 2 when I rigged mine and never used the second one. Mine is rigged with a Bluetooth rx and an old pair of Jensen 15" 3 way speakers I picked up off the side of the road. It's enough to piss off the neighbors. 

Hopefully you can use some of it, if not pass it on. 

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/18/23 8:01 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo :

I recognize several of those items as Legacy Gifts! 

A fairly crazy story exists regarding the Autoweek guy, that I'm still on the fence about sharing, even though he has long passed.

I want to hear 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 8:09 p.m.

Ok, this box is taped up pretty well using high quality materials.

(DISCLAIMER: Yes, the rolling tool box is a filthy mess. It's on the list)

Inside we had:

Blue Miata slippers
Toyota GR Lego set (fantastic!)
Old ignition coils that look familiar
2x stainless steel lines
Green container of the sort that usually winds up with disposable foam earplugs in them, somehow. Earplugs missing this time.
An old magazine. That'll be interesting.
10 mm socket
Tiny cars: Nissan police car, '63 Chevy Stingray , Mazda Miata and Subaru STi
Tiny carb
Boost gage
Red caps
Mazda ignition lock (with key)
Stuff from JEGS
A venerable camera
High speed cleaning brushes
Some sort of tool for electrical work, looks to be a puller
A small length of hose
An assortment of high quality wrenches, including the one I misplace the most, a 14mm

Plus ninety-seven of these strange brass things, that are de-primered and cleaned. There's some time savings at some point down the road if they're all the same.

Thank you, matthewmcl!

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/18/23 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

They should be all sorted to the same head stamp, once fired range brass. I picked some that did not seem to have a truly annoying primer. crimp. The electrical thingy is a nibbler for cutting pcb material, but also useful for plastic. The lines are AN-3 Female to 10mm banjo, IIRC. The green container was from test strips for water quality, I think. The slippers are very bulky and took a lot of room.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/23 4:43 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

We were stumped as to what the black thing was. The door knob worked out perfectly, matches the others too.  She was bery much amused/confused by this but laughed the entire time we went through the box. The more of my car people she interacts with the weirder I seem though. She's had a lot of questions. 

1/19/23 10:15 p.m.

I show my package arrived at the destination.Woohoo, the pressure is off of me, and onto the recipient!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/19/23 10:38 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 1kris06 :

We were stumped as to what the black thing was. The door knob worked out perfectly, matches the others too.  She was bery much amused/confused by this but laughed the entire time we went through the box. The more of my car people she interacts with the weirder I seem though. She's had a lot of questions. 

And Kris is one of the normal ones. God forbid she swims the deep end of the pool. 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/19/23 11:45 p.m.

I hope my sender remembers what was packed and not much/any was lost. It arrived double bagged. More pictures to follow soon.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 6:26 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

That's impressive, they're taking our notes about throwing the boxes seriously. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/20/23 8:58 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

"We care?" Man, that one was air dropped.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 9:19 a.m.

Several days ago, Violet and I returned to our modest country home in the Western Hills of Connecticut, only to find an unexpected package that had come to us from the state of Texas.

As lifelong New Englanders with roots dating back to 1632, anytime we receive an unsolicited delivery from The South and it's not filled with migrant families seeking a better life in the New World, we are quite relieved.

Thankfully, it was just a disproportionately heavy box from the GRM New Year's Game!

Inside, we found a nice note from the sender, and a bunch of cool stuff.

There was original artwork, which was either from an awesome kid or an unskilled adult, a brand new set of ThunderCore spark plug wires that fit some mystery V6, an ineffective looking "Please Come Back To Nascar Events!" Covid pandemic mask, some Connecticut-grown Stanley screwdrivers, a bunch of stickers, miscellaneous electrical fixtures, a handsaw (minus the blade), an old factory tachometer (Mazda?), an aftermarket mechanical water temperature gauge (with probe!), a set of training wheels, assorted toy cars, a rusty hood spring, a brand new(!) 10mm socket, some Rock Auto pens (how have I never received any of these before?), and other assorted flotsam and jetsam.

There are a few other items, that make me think that I was clearly stalked by the sender.

From left to right, we see an original Miata shift knob, one of which I actively sought out here on the forum a few years ago to replace the cheesy aftermarket knob in one of the piles that I dragged home, an original Miata plastic shifter bushing, an item that I have replaced and documented at least four times in my build threads, a very early Mazda emblem, much like the ones on the only one of my parents' cars that I remember fondly, a 1981 626 sedan (metallic brown, best color ever), a Toyota emblem much like the ones on the pickup trucks that I have driven daily for the past 17 years, a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere 426 Hot Wheels car (my 1967 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop remains the most important car in my life, and the only one that I regret selling) ... and a small scrap of Romex wire.

The inclusion of the Romex is particularly weird and creepy, as I've never mentioned this here. 

About a month ago, I replaced four old florescent lights that have been in my basement for more than twenty years. One of the four had just failed, so I decided to upgrade all four. But inside one of the WORKING lights, I found this small section of wire, which was about to burn my house to the ground.

I removed that small piece to show the guys at work, and it was sitting on the platform next to where I was opening the box. Crazy.

Thank you Thinkker03! This was fun!

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 2:01 p.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

Opened my box today. The box art really made us giggle. 

I am so very late in getting back to you, apologies, life is crazy for me this time of year. Let me see if I can shed some light. 

Fun fact I have done work in land grant. - Did not know that was a place! 

First thing wife saw was the tiny froglegs flash light and definitely called dibs. - It was for her, clearly. 

Baggys of hardware really gets my blood pumping. That's a staple of my parts storage/house. - Despite the organization used there, I have no idea what they are actually for. Your problem now :). 

The tripod flash light is already in use inside the ranger. - I hope you are referring to a truck and not an employee of the parks department, but hey, I don't judge. 

Also the "let's go" walkie talkies have been put in the house bucket. - LOL, I have many house buckets for things. 

Plate is going on the wall. - That was either on a Ferrari NART Daytona or Kia Minivan, I can't recall. 

The Japanese? Dash cam USB power thingy took me forever to figure out what it was. The tiny inverter is super cute.  - You nailed it! 

The phone mount reminds me of high school. - There's a story there... 

the CO2 cartridges are life on the bicycles and blown away they made it here. - I was looking at the warning sign at the Post Office and considered taking them out. Apologies to our men and women in blue shorts, I wont do it again. 

Coilover adjusters are super heavy duty, where are they from?  - Some online sounce that I have forgotten, the ones that came with my coil-overs sucked. 

Ford badge is definitely going on the ranger, someone really did there homework. - Or got lucky...

The channel lock bottle opener is excellent - I know right? 

The .45acp shell will get reloaded. - Memories of reloading with my Dad. Man I miss him. 

I see you xj belt tensioner pulley - Or is it from a BMW M3 CSL?  (it is not) 

Hub centering rings that I need to measure. - Fiesta ST IIRC

Water pump gasket I forgot to look up. - Regifted from a previous year, I admit it.

Bolts, I love bolts. - Who doesnt? 

Not gonna lie, fuel filter is gonna do some work. - Glad to hear. 

There a story on the angle brackets? - Anti-tip over for the stove that I returned.

10mm savior kit! Plus splined lug nuts! - The 10mm socket will not work on the lug nuts. 

Almost forgot the last item! It's almost a car build in a box. A headunit, the next step down of the one in the XJ, and one of my favorite eras/styles ever. - Might be another re-gift, I have a messy garage. Might still have my Talking Heads cassette in it, not really sure. 

Elvira said the box is hers. - I was going to include some fresh salmon, but thought better of it. 

Glad you enjoyed it! 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 2:07 p.m.

My Box also showed up, Stay tuned

Slightly late, but bombs away! 

I'll unbox the one I received this weekend and post the results! laugh

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/20/23 9:06 p.m.
golfduke said:

Mine shipped out yesterday, en route to an unknown-to-me user in the Midwest, and should arrive on Friday. 

I apologize in advance for the potential for broken glass, but the reward was worth the risk in my humble opinion. 

If you're in MN, open carefully.  Haha. 

The glass survived, the beer...not so much (1 is currently chilling in the fridge)

Contents of the wonderful remaining box:

beer flight glass

bag of scrub? pads

mechanics gloves

zip ties (who doesn't need more)

container of fiberglass resin and hardner

a plug of some sort

a Husky branded collar?

Jaguar hot wheels hauler

BMW and Z24 badging

stubby screwdriver

tin worm repair kit

chain

lots of ear plugs

unknown clamping device

used oil filter

fishing lures and the remanants of an arm cast

trim tool

needle nose pliers

impact screw driver set

set of sockets with the 10mm already pre-missing

1/21/23 1:03 a.m.
1kris06 said:

fishing lures and the remanants of an arm cast

LOLOL!

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/23 1:48 p.m.

So there is possibly a box of bricks from Illinois

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/21/23 1:52 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

That Jaaaag hauler is really cool. One of my favorites

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
1/21/23 1:56 p.m.

STICKERS, NOT BRICKS!

and an air freshener, a program from Sunday July 16 1961 Wisconsin state fair park 200 mile USAC race, a Ramble On NAMDRA club publication from 6/16/00, a stress toy, a bunch of balls, a fingercorn, some hot wheels, some bling all in a nice helmet bag!

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
1/21/23 2:08 p.m.

and a groshdoor opener, radio trim for a Volvo 200, more balls but the trailer hitch type, Bimmer fuel door actuator, glass hammer, a charged USB solar charged battery, railroad spikes, a nut to follow along with the rest of the balls, a brake valve, exhaust flange, a temp sensor maybe? Old maid, power outlet, a bunch of plasma cut circles I am assuming from the frame of something MUCH lighter now, metal cast offs and stuff, a crap ton of sanding material, a definitely not stolen license plate and an official Racbrick T shirt!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/23 3:43 p.m.

A mysterious box arrived this morning from one CSmith, who did some homework. 

first up - a box of tissues and some lotion. surprise

Next up the foodstuffs: cocoa bomb snowman, some butter cookie mans for the cocoa mugs, lots of candy, 3 little boozes, some popcorn. 

obligatory zipties 

a rope bracelet claimed by Abby

and the final layer. A badass homemade knife so I can shank my enemies, an obd1 ford scanner, bath bomb? ice scraper, welding beanies(sick, i didn't have any), a couple charging cables, an electrical coil of some sort, 2 of the cutest little pistons and rods ever, shift knob, a ford key, a first aid kit, and some nice soft rope that's going right to the bedroom

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/21/23 4:16 p.m.
Patrick said:

...an electrical coil of some sort...

Looks like a transformer from a microwave oven. Apparently  they make fantastic electromagnets.

Nice haul!

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/21/23 5:48 p.m.

Found a heavy box on my front porch today. Its a well traveled box, coming from NH. 

Stickers! 

Homie says it's just his size.

Semi comprehensive list of goodies:

-Porsche Owners of America sticker and a couple of brewery stickers.

-3/8" ratchet with SAE and Metric sockets

-small shackle (1250 WLL would be my guess lol)

-some foam paint brushes

-2 1/2" exhaust clamp

- small box of hose clamps

- box freeze plugs

- torch head

- cutting wheels

- Dana 70 ring gear (I think)

- very cool Datsun Keychain

-naval yard ID holder things (forgetting the name)

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
1/21/23 5:50 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

I hope you enjoy the stuff that isn't trash.  My kids helped, as you may have guessed.  I told them if they cleaned their rooms, the could send any junk they want to a stranger.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fwPI23260cjlKYGQ8P1l1XZfeNJEbfHchHKD2wJYZEq1E25J5AwYA15VdHcdAvXo