1 2 3
Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/16/09 11:20 p.m.

Photobucket Photobucket

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/16/09 11:22 p.m.
andrave wrote: On the contrary, it appears to me that you wasted a large amount of time and possibly money... lol

LMAO!

Wow . . . I'm glad WNMR isn't alone on this one.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/17/09 12:03 a.m.

Scott I'm from DC, I miss it sometimes. Rock creek park is tons of fun there's this road that goes from rock creek to military ave has a lot of awesome turns. My favorite is this down hill decreasing radius on camber left hander. Then you bust a u turn and take it the other way. Do you know the road of which I speak?

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
5/17/09 12:39 p.m.
wherethefmi wrote: Scott I'm from DC, I miss it sometimes. Rock creek park is tons of fun there's this road that goes from rock creek to military ave has a lot of awesome turns. My favorite is this down hill decreasing radius on camber left hander. Then you bust a u turn and take it the other way. Do you know the road of which I speak?

OMG! YES! Dude, Rock Creek was so much fun. I'm a US Marine and I was stationed up in Arlington, VA while still in Active Duty (IRR FTW) and MAN let me tell you, those roads were fantastic. I racked up some pretty interesting violations on those, LOL! I've learned my lesson since then but man, Army-Navy Drive, North Glebe Road, heck some of the interchanges between highways and state roads were a blast.

That'd definitely be worth another trip up north

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/17/09 4:30 p.m.

i would leave my house on a sunday morning head north and drive for hours

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/17/09 5:02 p.m.

Strongsville OH on Saratoga between Boston and Drake in someone's driveway - GRM number panels on a yellow RX7 - who are you?

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
5/23/09 10:21 p.m.

I spotted a GRM T shirt today at work. Talked to the guy and he has a subscription but not on the board. It made my day

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
5/23/09 11:10 p.m.

A few months ago I saw a black (possibly primer?) 1st gen CRX in a parking lot off of rt 420 in Prospect Park, PA sporting GRM stickers on the sides.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
3/21/12 4:56 p.m.

Reviving this thread, like a boss!

Spotted 3/21/2012, Bloomington, MN

You were heading west on 494 around 7:45am, somewhere around Bloomington, driving a black Mazdaspeed3 with black wheels, mudflaps, and a GRM sticker on the C pillar. And a custom license plate of some sort (TWO somethingorother). I waved as I passed you in the silver GC Subaru 2.5RS. :)

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/21/12 5:03 p.m.
barrowcadbury wrote: Reviving this thread, like a boss! Spotted 3/21/2012, Bloomington, MN You were heading west on 494 around 7:45am, somewhere around Bloomington, driving a black Mazdaspeed3 with black wheels, mudflaps, and a GRM sticker on the C pillar. And a custom license plate of some sort (TWO somethingorother). I waved as I passed you in the silver GC Subaru 2.5RS. :)

Sounds like mndsm....

I've got my own... last week, friday i think, was behind a black small truck of some sort. Think it was a Ranger maybe? Had a ladder rack, GRM sticker on the driver's side of the rear bumper.

I was behind you in the ugly red thing with the hood bra.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/21/12 9:37 p.m.
barrowcadbury wrote: Reviving this thread, like a boss! Spotted 3/21/2012, Bloomington, MN You were heading west on 494 around 7:45am, somewhere around Bloomington, driving a black Mazdaspeed3 with black wheels, mudflaps, and a GRM sticker on the C pillar. And a custom license plate of some sort (TWO somethingorother). I waved as I passed you in the silver GC Subaru 2.5RS. :)

I was eyeballin' that car the whole way in. I was REALLY curious as to that exhaust. (The subaru that is, I was the one in the ms3- plate is FWD LOL. That was me! Strange, as I actually had one of my GRM shirts on today too. I waved/saluted, but.... my windows are kinda dark.

HOTLINKED LIKE A BAWSE!

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury Reader
3/22/12 4:56 p.m.

In reply to mndsm: Haha, I was eyeing up your car before even spotting the sticker! Good-looking car! I was stalking a black 2008ish STi, but then your car stole my attention away :)

This was sort of a celebrity-sighting for me! I've been a lurker here for a while and know your username (actually, been wondering who you are (and stuart_in_mn, for that matter)). Would I have seen you at any local autocross events?

Haha, an exercise in futility as we both wave, but both with tinted windows :D

The exhaust is all stock up to the cat, with a custom pipe back to a Borla muffler... I quite enjoy the sound (especially the afterfire pops)

P.S. My first thought when I saw the GRM sticker was "Oh crap, are my foglights on?"

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/12 8:02 p.m.

Back from the dead?

I saw a GRM T-Shirt at the last Rallycross, but I never got a chance to talk to the guy.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
7/16/15 11:07 a.m.

Saw a green E150 with a GRM sticker and a few Rally XXXXXXXX stickers the other day. I'd have pictures/video if i had been in my car.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
7/16/15 2:09 p.m.

I've only ever seen 2 and both times I got excited. One on the door of a bathroom of a beef jerky shack on the way to Mammoth and another one closer to home on an E30 at the Santa Paula, CA pick a part salvage yard.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/16/15 2:34 p.m.
barrowcadbury wrote: P.S. My first thought when I saw the GRM sticker was "Oh crap, are my foglights on?"

I think the same thing whenever I turn on the foglights on my GC. "If I see any GRMers they are gonna be pissed."

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
7/16/15 2:53 p.m.

I'm gonna drive with just my fog lights on all the time if the "GRM" stickers I ordered last week ever get here. Just to piss you people off.

The only GRM decal I've seen locally was on the tool cart at the Advance Auto Parts by my house. Which means they had someone there, at some point, who knew their ass from a hole in the ground.

I did see a nicely set up, caged 944 in flat black with an orange stripe and orange wheels in Macon last week. I complimented the owner as he got in and asked if he knew about GRM. He said he did, but there were no stickers. I was late for a meeting and didn't have time to introduce myself or get his name.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/15 6:09 p.m.

I turned my fog lights on once when I picked up the car and never again.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
7/16/15 6:24 p.m.

There must be a corresponding thread about this grm hate of fog lights.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/15 7:57 p.m.

In reply to wherethefmi:

Wow, whatever happened to Wherethefami? (Tony?)

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
7/17/15 8:17 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06:

yes. There have been a couple...

Just got my GRM decals in the mail (thanks guys). Have to put them on the pony this weekend and post a pic so I can be more easily spotted.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
7/17/15 11:44 a.m.
1kris06 wrote: There must be a corresponding thread about this grm hate of fog lights.

I must have missed it too. My foglights are yellow and awesome.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
7/17/15 11:47 a.m.

I've got an older GRM sticker on my toolbox.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bWJkP1vZx5F0ggcCYPQ4lcxJtjKS5IPfzPkdGSiqV8SXSsG5PiVB0tj60oHwAzU9