1 ... 61 62 63 64 65
stroker
stroker Dork
2/28/13 8:00 p.m.

Does anyone remember the movie "Them!"? James Whitmore (as a cop) had a loaded Thompson in the trunk of his cruiser.

I love that scene.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 8:09 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
yamaha wrote: Welcome Florida to a law Indiana has had on the books for eons.....
We have sunshine

That's cool, you can keep the swamp ass in the summer

Will
Will Dork
2/28/13 8:17 p.m.
stroker wrote: Does anyone remember the movie "Them!"? James Whitmore (as a cop) had a loaded Thompson in the trunk of his cruiser. I love that scene.

Yup. Giant A-bomb-mutated ants.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/1/13 9:29 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
yamaha wrote: Welcome Florida to a law Indiana has had on the books for eons.....
We have sunshine

And lots and lots and lots of old people going 20 under in the fast lane with their blinker on. Plus you got tourists out the wazzoo, smamp ass, hurricanes, sunk holes, gators and Miami. You can keep it all!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/1/13 9:36 a.m.

Has anyone noticed that in Sons off Anarchy, the FA pistols have never ending magazines?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/1/13 9:36 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Has anyone noticed that in ALL TV/MOVIES, the FA pistols have never ending magazines?

Fixed for accuracy.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
3/1/13 9:51 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Has anyone noticed that in ALL TV/MOVIES, the FA pistols have never ending magazines?
Fixed for accuracy.

Do you remember from old cowboy movies that six shooters held a lot more than six rounds?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
3/1/13 10:01 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
Fixed for accuracy.
Do you remember from old cowboy movies that six shooters held a lot more than six rounds?

Yep.... and in the 80's the A-team had 310-round magazines on their mini14's.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
3/1/13 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Oh no, the a-team had never ending ammo supplies.....I liked Hannibal when he'd get ahold of an M60 though....

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/1/13 11:38 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
We have sunshine
And lots and lots and lots of old people going 20 under in the fast lane with their blinker on. Plus you got tourists out the wazzoo, smamp ass, hurricanes, sunk holes, gators and Miami. You can keep it all!

semi-rural middle of the state: 50% more sink holes and alligators, 80% fewer tourists and 100% Miami free! :D

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/13 8:52 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

That video is great, thank you. Its nice to have a legit comparison of stuff like that. I'm of the firm belief that a magazine size ban is a waste of money so its nice to see a real comparison. Words can only say so much, you know?

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/13 12:39 a.m.

After the Biden video I thought that this post should cause no problems. After all, this is all in good fun right?

funny guns

I have seen these gun owners drive a vehicle. I certainly feel safer that they have a CCW.

:)

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/13 12:55 a.m.

More fun with guns!!

Fun with guns

Thank the flying spaghetti monster that these guys were armed,

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun Reader
3/2/13 9:32 a.m.

And some real news reporting who'da thunk it!

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/on_air/links_on_tv/special-report-firearm-facts

As always, send and post this in as many places as possible to show people the actual difference between a rifle and a "scary assault rifle"

Paul

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
3/2/13 10:22 a.m.
CT TV station said: Colt says what makes the AR-15 so scary looking to some people are the cosmetics and there is a reason the military style is so popular. The AR platform makes up more than 20 percent of the firearms across the United States including hand guns. It's because many of our servicemen and women as well as ex law enforcement are buying the rifle. "They like to hunt and shoot. Their first choice is going to be what they are most familiar with, what they are most comfortable with. It's a large part of why this rifle has become more and more popular," said Dennis Veilleux, CEO of Colt Manufacturing.

20% of all firearms. I knew it was a popular platform, but, woa. That's great. TRY TAKING THOSE AWAY, MOTHER BERKELEYERS.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/2/13 11:23 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
yamaha wrote: The NYC reload is exactly how I would operate if semi-autos were ever banned.....
that's how it was done long lone ago. They carried more than one SAA colt/remington/S&W. Some guys would have 3-4 pistols on them if they knew the feces was about to hit the spinning blade creating an artificial wind.

...and back in the day musashi would stash multiple swords around the site where a dual was supposed to happen

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/13 12:55 p.m.

Sounds like his swords needed bigger magazines...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/2/13 2:09 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Fixed for accuracy.

Yea. I was just hoping that since they were gun dealers, the weapons would be more accurate. Fail on my part for having faith.

paul
paul HalfDork
3/4/13 3:22 p.m.

Damn cold weather, it should be banned...

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/4/13 3:23 p.m.

how about some more red x's.....

stroker
stroker Dork
3/4/13 7:15 p.m.

We've got 30-round AR mags #111195 in stock @ 13.99/each. 6000 of them on the shelf as I write this limit 2 per customer.

FYI

Will
Will Dork
3/4/13 7:53 p.m.

Looks as if the magazine panic is starting to break a bit. I've seen a variety of sites have them in stock--good quality mags running ~$15-$25 depending on mfr., and not sell out instantly.

However, the ammo panic doesn't seem to be going away.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
4/3/13 2:06 p.m.
Rep. Dianne DeGette (D-Colorado) said: I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.

AAAAAHHHHH\

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/03/co_democrat_doesnt_understand_high-capacity_magazines_can_be_reloaded.html

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
4/3/13 2:21 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Rep. Dianne DeGette (D-Colorado) said: I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.
AAAAAHHHHH\ http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/03/co_democrat_doesnt_understand_high-capacity_magazines_can_be_reloaded.html

Face palm.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
4/3/13 2:38 p.m.

stroker, can you order from the Russians or Czechs? Tula/S&B? Is there some kind of off the books import ban going on? Why doesn't someone pickup of a container of Tulammo 223 or 9mm?

1 ... 61 62 63 64 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CcouNEKuVDATgQUx3bNy52uQ4hJvKkQYuqrWY2eMi2imZLoHfbJNxZldPxWTbOrG