1 ... 62 63 64 65
stroker
stroker Dork
4/3/13 2:45 p.m.

Same basic problem plus additional headaches. 3x demand for inventory COMPOUNDED by the fact that it's imported and has to clear Customs, which is run by our gun-friendly Executive branch. I'm told that at this year's SHOT Show all the domestic ammo producers basically said, "We can produce X. Demand is 3X. You're going to get Y-thousand rounds/mo per sku for 2013. That's it. Any retailer not on the list is SOL."

Until demand drops the situation simply isn't going away. I'm guessing a lot of small Ma and Pa shops aren't going to make 2014.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/3/13 2:51 p.m.
Will wrote: Looks as if the magazine panic is starting to break a bit. I've seen a variety of sites have them in stock--good quality mags running ~$15-$25 depending on mfr., and not sell out instantly. However, the ammo panic doesn't seem to be going away.

luckygunner had 30 round stainless for 19 bucks and pmags from 28-50 bucks this morning. not pre-panic prices but at least they're in stock...

here's another gem from Dianne Degette from that same forum:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/outrageous-dem-rep-degette-mocks-denver-senior-says-youd-probably-be-dead-anyway-if-confronted-by-armed-criminals-video/

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/3/13 3:37 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: luckygunner had 30 round stainless for 19 bucks and pmags from 28-50 bucks this morning. not pre-panic prices but at least they're in stock... here's another gem from Dianne Degette from that same forum: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/outrageous-dem-rep-degette-mocks-denver-senior-says-youd-probably-be-dead-anyway-if-confronted-by-armed-criminals-video/

That is an epic facepalm if I've ever seen one......

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/3/13 3:53 p.m.

I just wish I could get my hands on some .45, .38 and .22 right now. I was wanting to take a class this summer, but until I can get my hands on more ammo, that's not happening.

Will
Will Dork
4/3/13 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Palmetto State Armory has Fiocchi .45acp for .50 cpr right now. Too much for me, but if you need it...

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/4/13 3:17 a.m.

Also check gunbot dot net for prices and in stock ammo, mags and reloading supplies

stroker
stroker Dork
4/4/13 10:21 a.m.

Hi-Viz is leaving Colorado, apparently, and the DE Gov is going to sign their legislation. Yet more people who will be demanding to be relocated to the front of the backorder line...

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
4/4/13 10:27 a.m.
stroker wrote: Hi-Viz is leaving Colorado, apparently, and the DE Gov is going to sign their legislation. Yet more people who will be demanding to be relocated to the front of the backorder line...

I hope more and more companies leave NY, CT and CO based on this silliness. Maybe seeing tax dollars leave would wake them up a bit, plus, who wants to operate a business in a state where they can't sell their products?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/4/13 11:13 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

There was just a news piece last night on Indiana working its arse off to draw them here....

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
4/4/13 11:46 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to tuna55: There was just a news piece last night on Indiana working its arse off to draw them here....

That's just smart state government. Guns/ammo have proven to be one of the few recession proof manufacturing concerns. And with the North Koreans preparing to rain fire on all our cities, who doesn't need to stock up?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/4/13 12:46 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Yea, our state sorely needs the jobs....they know it. With Carbon fizzling out and the whole mess with the chrysler/getrag plant that got nixed due to their bankruptcy, we really need some large scale manufacturing to show up that doesn't require you to be a relative of a UAW worker to even get an interview. Its good news for me as I'm in the industrial supply end of things.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/13 12:53 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Unlike our gov't who decided to teach the gun companies a lesson and yank our pension money out of their evil stocks. God forbid we invest in something that might make a little money when there must be some kind of spotted owl preserve we could dump our money into

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/4/13 12:54 p.m.
Wally wrote: In reply to kazoospec: Unlike our gov't who decided to teach the gun companies a lesson and yank our pension money out of their evil stocks. God forbid we invest in something that might make a little money when there must be some kind of spotted owl preserve we could dump our money into

Hang in there - those owl preserves are delicious. When word gets out they will be flying off the shelves. It just hasn't matured yet.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/13 1:01 p.m.

Thanks, I have a Spagetti-O lodged in my Sinuses now.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
4/4/13 1:01 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Wally wrote: In reply to kazoospec: Unlike our gov't who decided to teach the gun companies a lesson and yank our pension money out of their evil stocks. God forbid we invest in something that might make a little money when there must be some kind of spotted owl preserve we could dump our money into
Hang in there - those owl preserves are delicious. When word gets out they will be flying off the shelves. It just hasn't matured yet.

only if we can get ammo!

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
4/4/13 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Wally:

You'd think that someone would be suing the people running the pension funds, their obligation is to the people paying into the fund, not the governors agenda

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/4/13 1:09 p.m.
Will wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: Palmetto State Armory has Fiocchi .45acp for .50 cpr right now. Too much for me, but if you need it...

I don't "need it", I just had to postpone taking one of the classes until the panic subsides.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 10:18 a.m.

Hey - find me a safe way to lock up my Shotgun (12 gauge pump) so I can get to it in a hurry but the kids can't.

I want to use a shotlock, but the ghost ring sights prevent that. I want a simplex lock.

Do I have to make the dang thing myself?

Can't leave it with shells in the mag and not in the chamber via SWMBO. Can't mount it above the door frame , she can't read it. The closest I can come is to install a deadbolt lock on the linen closet (not often used) and put it in there, but it's in the hall, so it's not ideal.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
5/22/13 10:28 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Hey - find me a safe way to lock up my Shotgun (12 gauge pump) so I can get to it in a hurry but the kids can't. I want to use a shotlock, but the ghost ring sights prevent that. I want a simplex lock. Do I have to make the dang thing myself? Can't leave it with shells in the mag and not in the chamber via SWMBO. Can't mount it above the door frame , she can't read it. The closest I can come is to install a deadbolt lock on the linen closet (not often used) and put it in there, but it's in the hall, so it's not ideal.

Mine's in a simple plastic hard case with a padlock on it. Not sure it counts as "fast access", but the key is in my fast access safe with the pistols. So if I'm going to the case with the key, I'll already have a 9mm in my hand.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/22/13 10:38 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Can't mount it above the door frame

That's a gun-safety "in" joke I'm missing, not something you'd ever seriously expect to be the way to keep the kids away from the gun, right?

Forbidden object in plain sight but out of reach never inspired a kid's problem-solving skills...

EDIT: I swear I don't drop into this thread to be a tool. And while I disagree with tuna about a lot of stuff, it's very clear that he's a responsible, resourceful, and smart guy. That one item just grabbed me and I felt compelled to say something. And yes, I really do half expect it to be an in-joke that I would naturally miss...

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 11:22 a.m.
ransom wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Can't mount it above the door frame
That's a gun-safety "in" joke I'm missing, not something you'd ever seriously expect to be the way to keep the kids away from the gun, right? Forbidden object in plain sight but out of reach never inspired a kid's problem-solving skills... EDIT: I swear I don't drop into this thread to be a tool. And while I disagree with tuna about a lot of stuff, it's *very* clear that he's a responsible, resourceful, and smart guy. That one item just grabbed me and I felt compelled to say something. And yes, I really do half expect it to be an in-joke that I would naturally miss...

There are police style Cruiser-mounts for shotguns which mount horizontally and block the action which I could mount above the door frame. It's there, loaded, chamber empty and locked. I never said it would be unlocked. I promise, I'm not that much of a fruitcake.

ransom wrote: And while I disagree with tuna about a lot of stuff, it's *very* clear that he's a responsible, resourceful, and smart guy.

Whoa? Offended? Honored? CONFUSED!

ransom
5/22/13 11:40 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: There are police style Cruiser-mounts for shotguns which mount horizontally and block the action which I could mount above the door frame. It's there, loaded, chamber empty and locked. I never said it would be unlocked. I promise, I'm not that much of a fruitcake.

Groovy. So it wasn't an in-joke, I just didn't know about the details of the above-door mount. Thanks.

tuna55 wrote:
ransom wrote: And while I disagree with tuna about a lot of stuff, it's *very* clear that he's a responsible, resourceful, and smart guy.

Well, boy have I made too much of that point... I just mean that it seems like we usually weigh on on opposing sides of the misc OT stuff. I'm mostly a left-leaning, bleeding-heart, anti-firearm... Well, you get the gist. I hate to paint myself with such a broad brush, but...

Apparently your contributions to those threads were a great deal more memorable than mine; it's not like we had any big direct arguments. I think by my initial phrase I've overstated my own bearing in those discussions.

Now that I've suitably embarrassed myself over that faux pas, I'll apologize once more and hope that this maneuver ends up being as forgettable as my contributions to the political threads

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 11:48 a.m.
ransom wrote:
tuna55 wrote: There are police style Cruiser-mounts for shotguns which mount horizontally and block the action which I could mount above the door frame. It's there, loaded, chamber empty and locked. I never said it would be unlocked. I promise, I'm not that much of a fruitcake.
Groovy. So it wasn't an in-joke, I just didn't know about the details of the above-door mount. Thanks.
tuna55 wrote:
Well, boy have I made too much of that point... I just mean that it seems like we usually weigh on on opposing sides of the misc OT stuff. I'm mostly a left-leaning, bleeding-heart, anti-firearm... Well, you get the gist. I hate to paint myself with such a broad brush, but... Apparently your contributions to those threads were a great deal more memorable than mine; it's not like we had any big direct arguments. I think by my initial phrase I've overstated my own bearing in those discussions. Now that I've suitably embarrassed myself over that faux pas, I'll apologize once more and hope that this maneuver ends up being as forgettable as my contributions to the political threads

Tell you what, I'll take it as a compliment and you can take one too, it's a bad idea to leave something like that hanging around on the internet without a clarification to note that we don't condone leaving a shotgun cruiser ready just sitting there waiting for my kids to grab it.

ransom
5/22/13 11:58 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Thank you. I appreciate your being so reasonable about my doing such a great job of wedging my foot in my mouth and generally being awkward.

As has been pointed out many times here at GRM, the remarkable thing is that we do have smart, well-spoken people on different sides of all manner of issues; I'd never get to hear other viewpoints not run through the media otherwise. The complimentary aspects of my poorly worded original post were genuine.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 12:03 p.m.

In reply to ransom:

I noticed that too. A good friend is polar opposite of me on almost everything political. I have found that if we can stick to actual events and idea, and never discuss politicians, that we could actually hammer our solutions to problems that we both could agree on and would likely actually fix things. The "machine" - whatever you call it - is the issue, actual people are pretty cool!

Thanks for the nice words.

1 ... 62 63 64 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zOgMt9Ykfy7Rf4DmRicQFTZ6SSidIHfLDtKqUprA538POttqdEwYFf9sJBxp8Oqh